It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the US fly the Rainbow Pride flag at US Embassies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Lol
Hysterical is comparing not flying a flag to killing someone.
Drama much?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh so now the usa is a symbol of freedom to the world?
Trump included?

America is more than just Trump, see this quite a lot where members misunderstand a criticism against Trump as a criticism of America or they even take it as a personal attack rather than a a criticism of the politics of Trump. America is an amazing nation, wonderful country, I love it, I love the people, the culture, the history and I could go on but unfortunately they managed to elect an absolute bell-end to lead them for a few years, that does not mean I hate America or Americans.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure you don't.

Keep tellin yourself that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump included?

America is more than just Trump, see this quite a lot where members misunderstand a criticism against Trump as a criticism of America or they even take it as a personal attack rather than a a criticism of the politics of Trump. America is an amazing nation, wonderful country, I love it, I love the people, the culture, the history and I could go on but unfortunately they managed to elect an absolute bell-end to lead them for a few years, that does not mean I hate America or Americans.

America is a feeling. Everyone is dreaming of from time to time.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure you don't.

Keep tellin yourself that.

Put up or shut up dude,

Please tell me how me writing a thread that was a commentary on a piece of writing exploring the how bad it would be IF (I stress the word if) Trump was to have been working for the Russians something I admit in that thread is not a fact but rather a "what if" discussion...how does that demonstrate me "hating America" and also can you please tell me what the # that has to do with flying LBGQT flags?

I always like how may fans always like to relive my greatest moments by picking out their favourite threads, even when those threads have nothing to do with the topic at hand though

edit on 11-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Trump included?

America is more than just Trump. The American flag represents everyone, including LGBTQ, and every other group that considers themselves American. The flag even represents people that don't like the president, that is what is awesome about our country. The American flag represents freedom. Including freedom to be gay.
edit on 11-6-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

link   

The wounded celebrity is a bad look on you.

Crapping on another nations freely elected leader is crapping on that nation.
Key there is FREELY ELECTED.
You cant love something you show so much disrespect for.

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

no - just NO - the embassy [ of any nation ] is the outpost of the state

it should only fly the national flag - end off

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Which is why there is no need to fly a separate flag to represent such.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Crapping on another nations freely elected leader is crapping on that nation.
Key there is FREELY ELECTED.
You cant love something you show so much disrespect for.

Unlike you I don’t love trump, so much so I can disrespect him whenever I want by your logic

Also you have basically just said don’t ever criticise government. I mean I crapped on Obama, have crapped on the uk gov also doesn’t mean I am disrespecting the individuals they lead

Shame to see how far this site has fallen

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

In Muslim countries it’s insulting and to a degree bullying, it’s not their culture

You reminded me of a story. The Swedes deployed a "gay sailor device" underwater off the shores to deter Russian subs. The neon dancing sailor also put off a Morse code message "this way if you're gay"

edit on 11-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

Link for those interested.
edit on 11-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Also you have basically just said don’t ever criticise government. I mean I crapped on Obama, have crapped on the uk gov also doesn’t mean I am disrespecting the individuals they lead

Basically no
You said you loved something you disrespected.
I pointed out that disrespect.
I told you to do nothing mr celebrity.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Basically no

Disrespecting daddy trump is not the same as disrespecting the entire nation.

If that where the case then was trump not disrespecting the nation when he disrespected Obama?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So in Scotland one can disrespect something and love it.
Mkay
Not really love imo but what do I know.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The actual issue they are supporting is not relevant.
Diplomatic staff and embassies are there to represent their national government, not their own private opinions.

edit on 11-6-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The only flag that should be at the embassy flying is the American flag. Inside they could have state flags for all the states on display though. Cheap furniture.

I do not know who came up with the stupid idea of having the embassies flying those rainbow flags. If I was gay I would be embarrassed to have that flag flying in some other country like that. The embarrassment would force me to go straight again. I have some gay friends, they are not flighty and they probably think that the flag is ridiculous, they are not the pushy kind of gays, they are normal people, they just like people of their own sex. Gay people are not like Hollywood makes them out to be most times. They are not always sensitive and caring, some are pushy jerks, some are nice people, I do not know any that actually act like the gays portrayed on TV.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
shouldn't we be judging people on their actions not by who they sleep with ?

A valid point, but who is the party that has a month dedicated to expressing pride over their decision of which sex to sleep with, again? It strikes me that the judgements over someone's sexuality seem to work both ways, no?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
By the way, in April 2018 in eastern Germany, three Neonazis torturing a man to death just because he was gay.

Does Germany plan to fix that problem by flying rainbow flags?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Basically no

Disrespecting daddy trump is not the same as disrespecting the entire nation.

If that where the case then was trump not disrespecting the nation when he disrespected Obama?

LOL, most Obama fans claimed that disrespecting Obama was a racist attack against blacks, so... yeah, you may want to check the health of that high horse's legs before you saddle up, my friend.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Whats left after the politicization of orgasm.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join