It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump a Russian Intelligence Asset.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yup you read that title right, now before you get all triggered by the title alone hear me out.

We all know that right now the linked between the Trump campaign and the Russian government are under investigation. Now regardless of if you believe this is some kind of "which hunt" or if you believe that a crime really has been committed there is no really denying that something stinks, there are just too many links. Again some might believe that there isn't really anything substantial to these links while others might take a no smoke without fire kind of view.

Something though that I keep thinking about is the absolute worst case, there is a rabbit hole, it could be pretty shallow and just show that yeah the Trump campaign had a few chats with some Russians but there was never anything in it or it could go much much deeper. Its that which I want to talk about, what if this whole Russia/Trump thing goes way deeper than we have realised. I am not claiming it as a unequivocal fact however I will say that I do think that this rabbit hole goes much deeper than many on the right would like to believe.

I am also increasingly of the view that as discussion like this is becoming much more of a taboo subject, if you want to discuss the possibility of Trump being somehow a intelligence asset of the Russian state its seen as a pretty crazy theory on either side of the political divide. I personally have been researching this quite a bit, I was going to write up my own thread not the issue then I came across this article below that sets out the absolute worst case, its a really interesting read. It delves deep into the conspiracy theory, and yes it is just a conspiracy theory, that Trump has been a intelligence asset of the Russian state since 1987, I personally found it very interesting and I think others on ATS might also find it interesting.

What if Trump has Been a Russian Inteligance Asset since 1987

Honestly I think even if you don't believe that the Russians and Trump had any connection during the election its still well worth a read, it sets out the conspiracy very well with lots of supporting sources and quotes from officials.

I personally found it very interesting to read about how various intelligence individuals have gave the possibility of a deeper connection between Russia and Trump credence, such as a former director of the CIA, it talks about British intelligence concerns and Israeli concerns, it discusses how it would be possible for Trump to have became a Russian asset from 1987 right up to present day events so its quite a long read but worth it if you have the time and are interested in such theories.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
you think if trump was working with the Russians under any form of intelligence capacity, he would not have blown his cover years ago (i.e. immediately after the first Russian meeting)?

less we forget, this is a man with very loose lips and dirty laundry.

let's give Russia some credit, they would not employ mr magoo to infiltrate the world superpower. it would have been like a naked gun sequel

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I am not triggered by the headline, i feel sadness and pity towards anyone that believes this.

To be so full of hate, cannot be healthy

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very true but I don't think he would let it slip publicly however thats not to say he might not privately.

I still think though that its a interesting possibility, by no means confirmed but it is at least out there, there is a case to be made for it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've got a better question. Is Russia a US intelligence asset?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I am not triggered by the headline, i feel sadness and pity towards anyone that believes this.

To be so full of hate, cannot be healthy

Well thats good also this doesn't come form a place of hate its comes more form curiosity and interest, also not saying I believe it or anything like that, I am basically of the view that I am going to hold off on passing a full opinion on it until the investigation is complete and go with that. The reason for posting this is much more to look at the worst case possible outcome of said investigation and there is some pretty interesting stuff that points it being a real possibly.

I am curious what you think of the article over all?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Well then you feel free to go and write up a thread on that, right now this thread is about the possibility of Trump being a Russian intelligence asset.

What are your views on that, in what way do you agree/disagree with the article.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well of course he is.

All the reports from all the highly educated people prove it.

We need to find out how many Russians were in the U.S. on election day 2016 and voted !!!!!

😎💡😎

"joke on you yes"

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So Trump is a super agent, with high intellect and amazing skills in hiding his past, and speaking eloquently while never once cluing anyone in, (like Mueller who has been investigating this almost 2 years now) But hides is well.

Or, he is a bumbling fool who lucked his way into the white house.

In this case, you really can't have it both ways.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Russian intelligence gains influence in foreign countries by operating subtly and patiently. It exerts different gradations of leverage over different kinds of people, and uses a basic tool kit of blackmail that involves the exploitation of greed, stupidity, ego, and sexual appetite. All of which are traits Trump has in abundance.

TextOne might think this notoriety immunizes Trump from blackmail. Curiously, however, Trump’s tolerance for risk has always been matched by careful control over information. He maintains a fanatical secrecy about his finances and has paid out numerous settlements to silence women. The combination of a penchant for compromising behavior, a willingness to work closely with criminals, and a desire to protect aspects of his privacy makes him the ideal blackmail target.

It is not difficult to imagine that Russia quickly had something on Trump, from either exploits during his 1987 visit or any subsequent embarrassing behavior KGB assets might have uncovered. But the other leverage Russia enjoyed over Trump for at least 15 years is indisputable — in fact, his family has admitted to it multiple times. After a series of financial reversals and his brazen abuse of bankruptcy laws, Trump found it impossible to borrow from American banks and grew heavily reliant on unconventional sources of capital. Russian cash proved his salvation. From 2003 to 2017, people from the former USSR made 86 all-cash purchases — a red flag of potential money laundering — of Trump properties, totaling $109 million. In 2010, the private-wealth division of Deutsche Bank also loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars during the same period it was laundering billions in Russian money. “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” said Donald Jr. in 2008. “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia,” boasted Eric Trump in 2014.

edit on 14-9-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

link   
The whole Russian asset angle is the establishment’s birtherism.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Well then you feel free to go and write up a thread on that, right now this thread is about the possibility of Trump being a Russian intelligence asset.

What are your views on that, in what way do you agree/disagree with the article.

Anything is possible. How likely is it that the POTUS would be a Russian spy unless the entire US intelligence community was made out of cardboard?
edit on 14-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: I'm a dork and don't proofread my posts.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well actually this isn't about him being some kind of secret agent rather just a individual who was groomed by the Russians and who is acting under their influence.

I don't think anyone is trying to have it both ways, like I keep saying this isn't being presented as something that is absolute fact rather its just a discussion on the worst possible outcome of the investigation and the potential case for it. If you read the article you can see that actually there is a small possibility of the worse case turning out to hold much more truth to it than his supporters would like.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Is it though, is it really.

I mean Birtherism was always just some racist fridge idea that never really took off.

Trumps campgain links to Russia are subject of a massive investigation which seems to be rapidly closing in on POTUS.

I hardly think they are the same but if that is your opinion on it fair enough.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

One big difference is that Obama was able to produce his birth certificate but Trump refuses to publish his tax returns. He is obviously hiding something that could undo him.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

One big difference is that Obama was able to produce his birth certificate but Trump refuses to publish his tax returns. He is obviously hiding something that could undo him.

This is kind of the point I would make about the Russia asset angle.

There just seems to be too much smoke for this not to be a much deeper rabbit hole than his supporters seem to want to be pretending. Now I am not saying I would go quite as far as saying I am 100% behind the idea that he is a Russian intelligence asset however I do think that there is at the very least a possibility of it.

The article makes a really good case and it makes some very interesting points about the connections between Trump and the Russians.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
He's a secret agent man.

Man.

And a time traveler too.

Definitely a time traveler!

Only way he could have possibly defeated Hillary Clinton!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We need to find out how many Russians were in the U.S. on election day 2016 and voted !!!!!

Not a joke. Remember Anna Chapman? We have no idea how many Russian illegals are out there and how active they are in politics. Perhaps they are organizing for candidates that will be good for Russia.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: xuenchen

Not a joke. Remember Anna Chapman? We have no idea how many Russian illegals are out there and how active they are in politics. Perhaps they are organizing for candidates that will be good for Russia.

Probably the hottest spy ever.

But you do make a very good point about Russian spies, I think what is better however is to look at more stuff from the Soviet era where they had spies in very high places in government.

Stuff like POTUS being a Russian intel-asset is the stuff of Hollywood movies, I totally get that but that doesn't mean it is out with the realms of possibility.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You do not have to be aware of being an asset. Trump may not be receiving orders, but he certainly seems more eager to please Putin than American interests. Trade war with China? Opens up markets for Russia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join