It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the US fly the Rainbow Pride flag at US Embassies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

"We both feel that way very passionately, but when it comes to the American flagpole, and American embassies, and capitals around the world, one American flag flies," the vice president added.

Wow, I actually totally agree with Pence on this. The LGBTQ community feels the US should be a leader and fly the rainbow flag along with the American flag at US Embassies. They feel by not flying the flag the US government is not supportive and not leading the way.

Have I entered into the twilight zone? Is this what people really think these days? If so then I want a flag with my family flying next to the American flag. Why not?

I feel sad for kids today. I remember growing up and it didn't matter who you were, the American flag was a source of pride. It united all of us. Have we become too fractured? Sad times.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I see it no more than a useful tactic.

Our nation is trillions in debt, engaged in the longest active wars in it's lifetime (compounding the latter), the constitution gets chiseled at increasingly by each administration, and one of the political conversations each cycle remains to be peoples sexual orientation.

While I think flying the a special interest flag with the American flag is in poor taste, especially when it is our image abroad, I can't help to think they know exactly what they're doing... And it's effective as ever.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I think it’s disrespectful and forcing a Western opinion on other people.
You don’t have a right as a nation to impose your values on others and then complain if others in your country impose their value on you

In Muslim countries it’s insulting and to a degree bullying, it’s not their culture

Can the Muslim countries embassies display anti gay flags?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Just fly the American flag. Otherwise you are showing favoritism over other groups.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What is that?

Don't they throw people off of roofs there?

link   

To answer the headline, no.

That's just stupid and somewhat embarrassing.

The LGBT community in the beginning wanted equality in the workplace and the freedom to not get beaten in public.

We got all that and more now.

So time to dissolve the movement and keep going forward, not use the movement to achieve other political goals that now have nothing to do with the community.

So just... no.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Raggedyman

What is that?

Don't they throw people off of roofs there?

Are you suggesting they put up a YEET flag?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't know?
Does that represent throwing someone off a roof because of who they are attracted to?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No. If groups want their special flag waving from national flag poles where will it end. Fighting over who gets their flag higher on the pole. And of course should groups get their flags on the pole how long would it be before Trump was insisting on his very own flag to wave alongside Old Glory.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I don't know?
Does that represent throwing someone off a roof because of who they are attracted to?

Yeet /jiːt/- To discard an item at a high velocity.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Simply NO!!!

Why is this even being proposed? Is it seriously being considered?

There are some stupid people out there with way too much free time!

It just seems to be out of control I agree with the op in saying it feels like the twilight zone!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No, there is no LGBTQ nation. If they want to fly a flag at an embassy, they should get their own country first.after all, they make up less than 4% of the total population.

Cheers - Dave

link   

I guess it does....do they fire them off in cannons?
Catapults?
Slingshots?
Otherwise gravity would supply the velocity?

link   

The flags are being flown to to commemorate Pride Month , they are no longer being flown on flagpoles so are not interfering with the American flag , as a heterosexual man I really don't see the problem , shouldn't we be judging people on their actions not by who they sleep with ?

Ignoring it won't make it go away.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Whether they do or don't, can or can't, impacts life zero percent.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Whether they do or don't, can or can't, impacts life zero percent.

If the flag was flown below the US flag, technically it fits the US Flag code.

We however disregard many other flagrant misuses of the flag, the biggest one IMO-

The flag should never be used for any advertising purpose, nor embroidered on cushions or handkerchiefs, printed on paper napkins or boxes, nor used as any portion of a costume.
link

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There are 72 countries where homosexuality is a crime, in at least 10 of those countries is punishable by death

I think its a nice gesture for people in those countries who are fighting for the freedom to love who they want to love to see the nation that is often looked at as a symbol of freedom in the world to see the flag that represents their struggle flying over their embassies.

I don't quite see why it would be a problem, don't really know if it will change much but if you're in Qatar as a young homosexual, you could die because of your sexuality and you see that flag flying over the US embassy its like a big massive F-You to the homophobic establishment in that country.
edit on 11-6-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maybe ATS should be renamed in ALT: ABOUTLGBTQ. The only ones in Europe acting that hysterical are our all beloved Neonazis and Far-Right-Wings and a few other braindeads. By the way, in April 2018 in eastern Germany, three Neonazis torturing a man to death just because he was gay.

www.belltower.news...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

double post
edit on 11-6-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh so now the usa is a symbol of freedom to the world?
Trump included?
Lol
Make up your mind mr celebrity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join