It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian School Hit with SWAT-Style Raid, CA Demands They Allow Sexual Exploration or Be Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena
and the Westboro Baptists were notoriously anti-gay, anti-abortion... yet they won a lot of cases against segregation in the south and midwest as a legal entity.

www.cnn.com...

Phelps' 'brilliant' civil rights career

In Topeka, longtime civil rights activists say they were accustomed to seeing Phelps fight another type of battle in the courts.

By the time Phelps moved to Topeka in 1954, it had become the launching ground for the modern civil rights movement. That was the year the U.S. Supreme Court banned segregation in public schools with its historic Brown vs. Topeka Board of Education decision.

Jack Alexander, a Topeka native and civil rights activist, says the Brown decision opened the door for discrimination suits. Phelps would take cases in the 1960s that other lawyers, black and white, wouldn't touch, he says.

"Back in that era, most black attorneys were busy trying to make a living," says Alexander, who became the first black elected in the city of Topeka, as a member of the Topeka City Commission.

"They couldn't take those cases on the chance they wouldn't get paid. But Fred was taking those cases."

Phelps was so successful that he became the first lawyer blacks would call when they thought they were being discriminated against, says the NAACP's Scott.

That being said the SPLC is a pit full of vipers in their own right.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Dont worry, any minute now they'll be raiding and making an example of any of the top 33 Muslim schools in Californication Land.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It is a reform school? I have never heard of a Christian reform school before. Puts a twist on the issue. The OP made it sound like it was just a Private Christian school and that would have been totally screwed up for the state to be interfering like what is claimed. Thread is a good example of why sources should be checked and facts gathered before coming to conclusions. I am sure there is even more to this story that we are not aware of.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sex is god now, and if you believe in restricting it in some way, even by allowing it to come to its natural end through procreation, you're a heathen to be burned at the progressive stake.

Additionally, only sex that doesn't result in a baby is celebrated as a god.

Woman with woman, man with man, all good.Thats godly to the left.

However if a man has sex with a woman that results in procreation of life, according to the left, there must be a sacrifice placed on the leftist alter.

It's either a sacrifice of the rest of the mother's life, or the rest of the baby's life. But it must be one of them.

It must be miserable living with that philosophy and viewing life through that prism. I'm thankful my folks didn't see it that way. The only thing more miserable than living with that philosophy would be to be raised up under folks who see it that way. It's disgusting.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Maybe they should visit a Muslim school and hear what they tell the kids about gays after their morning song of beheading non believers.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When I was in school no sex was allowed on school premises, has something changed?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Reform school is for those who are offenders. This is not a reform school. This is a private Christian school, can you tell me exactly why it is ok for the state to interfere as they are?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hmm...

Imagine for a moment that in this raid, these officers & social workers had found the school basement filled with bibles, ammunition, and maybe even guns. That situation (as unlikely as it seems, and nonexistent as it proved to be) would've been a perfect background on which to paint a giant example of the new progressive narrative - "PRO-TRUMP CHRISTIAN School BRAINWASHED Students to hoard GUNS ammo & drugs, and HATE LGBTQ... THIS IS TRUMP'S DREAM FOR AMERICA"

Then we get "Anonymous sources familiar with the case" confirming that MAGA hats were found in the offices and vehicles of the staff, or in the lockers of many students... Kinda like they "found" that Florida nightclub shooter's van covered in brand new pro-Trump nazi bumper stickers.

Naive minds would lap it up like warm milk.

If they'd found what they were allegedly looking for at this school, it would not surprise me one bit.
edit on 6112019 by M4nWithNoN4me because: A couple edits

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Maybe they should visit a Muslim school and hear what they tell the kids about gays after their morning song of beheading non believers.

No no no

They can NEVER intermix their transparent little narratives.

Islam loves gays and anyone who says otherwise is a right wing bigot.

Got it?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The state requires that licensed facilities allow students to have the right to engage in spiritual and sexual exploration, which contradicts the standards set by RVCA and the morals of many parents, the Pacific Justice Institute said.

WHAAAAAT??

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Searching the school to verify there was nothing to justify the rumors is not really bad, they passed that test. Did they have to bring guns in for that? It was the forcing of the school to teach their young that sexual exploration is acceptable when the religion says it isn't is crossing the line.

We've known of fringe Christian groups starting to acquire weapons and preach questionable teachings before... And we've seen our government mishandle many of those instances.

My guess in a case like this is that there is more to the story. Maybe a disgruntled former student made some things up to try and get people in trouble, or maybe it is just a classic government f# up.

But I don't think there as enough evidence out yet.

As for the part about California forcing them to allow sexual exploration, a quick google search shows that some teens have claimed to be punished before because of their orientation. While I don't think any school should be forced to allow physical interaction with kids past a hug, there has to be lines drawn on what kids can be punished for as well. I'm all for religions being able to teach that something is wrong, but punishing a kid for being gay is like punishing someone else for their religion. And we do have freedoms in this country so long as it doesn't infringe on others.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When I was in school no sex was allowed on school premises, has something changed?

I don't remember advocating that.

If you look up the source, mediabiasfactchecker claims they have mixed reviews on factual reporting. At the very least the title is suspect of loaded words. "SWAT style raid", was it SWAT team or some officers accompanying social workers for a childrens' welfare check? *edit- I imagine in the cell phone age we would have footage of an egregious presence*

I think it's fair to say there is more to the story, and as I've said, it's quite possible the California government made an overreach as American government has before... But maybe more facts before pitchforks.
edit on 11-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Did this school do that though? You know punish someone for being gay beyond the usual Christian teaching or beyond catching two (or more) students in violation of the rules and doing what they would to discipline any students caught carrying on in such a manner, gay or straight. There isn't any evidence of that in the story either.
edit on 11-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

They would never do that. The Muslims would bomb them back to the stone age. They don't put up with crap like this. They just Jihad!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unfortunately the story is rather vague and doesn't touch on quite a few things. It also seems to (IMO) have loaded wording, that's not to say it's untrue.

However, if you google the school, there are a few stories of perceived excess punishment for certain orientations. While I'm no advocate of a school having to allow things being practiced on campus, I could see how enough of those complaints could get outsiders to investigate. As for the "SWAT like raid", that could have been a disgruntled student making false claims warranting authorities to accompany social workers to investigate.

There could be a few possibilities here, and I haven't seen anything other than Christian news outlets report on this. While they may be correct in their reporting, I think it's safe to say it's possible they may have bias in the way they present all of this.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So, harboring illegals as a safe haven, Good.

Religious boarding school, Bad.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Truly sad and pathetic when the state tries to destroy something they allowed but no longer want them to have their own freedom cause it hurts their "New Feels Deal."

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is a reform school?

Old colloquialism; what my mom used to say: "Straighten up or I'll ship you off to reform school!"

Nowadays the colloquialism is Intervention, or therapeutic boarding schools, or resident treatment center, or boot camp, or wilderness training.

California Christian boarding school and behavior intervention program River View Christian Academy helps troubled teens from all over the United States. Though lower in cost than most therapeutic programs, group homes, residential treatment centers, boot camps, and wilderness programs the River View Christian Academy is considered one of the best Christian boarding schools for troubled teens in the country.
fine print at bottom of page

Notice that they label themselves as behavior intervention program, while comparing themselves to the other types of "troubled teen" facilities or operations.

Not the kind of place that teens ask their parents to let them go to. More like, something slipped in to the soup, teen wakes up in a different place, no phones, no lights, no motor car (see Gilligan's Island theme song 01:12).

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
Seems, according to SPLC, Pacific Justice Institute, their legal representatives are a certified anti-LGBT hate group founded in 1997 by Brad Dacus

Well, since the SPLC is itself a hate group that intentionally lies about conservative organizations, I wouldn't trust anything they say as far as I can spit (at them).

Care to link to something they have actually said or done that qualifies them as an 'anti-LGBT hate group'? Aside from defending the rights of private schools to not be forced to teach that LGBT is 'normal'?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

if a judge is sending the troubled teen to this school, or giving it to them as an option because they got themselves into legal trouble, that would give the state the right to inspect the school and make up any regulations that they deem necessary.. wouldn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join