It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian School Hit with SWAT-Style Raid, CA Demands They Allow Sexual Exploration or Be Shut Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: CriticalStinker

if a judge is sending the troubled teen to this school, or giving it to them as an option because they got themselves into legal trouble, that would give the state the right to inspect the school and make up any regulations that they deem necessary.. wouldn't it?

I don't see why not, I'm not sure if that happens, but if the state sends kids there, I'd hope they follow up especially if there are complaints.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
California is the test ground for the upcoming attempt to Communize this country. I say build the fence to include California. Keep that Marxist thinking trash there. They have fanned out and damaged Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and a few other states. My own state of Kansas is slowly becoming a Democrat crazy stronghold. It is slowly creeping to civil war. I cringe to think it but their agenda is pushing good red blooded Americans to far.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sex is god now, and if you believe in restricting it in some way, even by allowing it to come to its natural end through procreation, you're a heathen to be burned at the progressive stake.

I've read this several times now and can't make sense of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

What does the State of California say to most of the other states "we don't do that here comrade"

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Care to link to something they have actually said or done that qualifies them as an 'anti-LGBT hate group'? Aside from defending the rights of private schools to not be forced to teach that LGBT is 'normal'?

Here's a news story covering recent efforts by PJI.

Paci fic Justice Institute’s Brad Dacus takes on law changing California sex education curriculum
April 16, 2019

Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, is coming to Grass Valley today to speak in opposition to the California Healthy Youth Act.

The law, enacted in 2016, ensures school districts teach grades seven to 12 comprehensive sexual health education and HIV prevention education.

The law provides students with knowledge and skills about natural growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage and family. It also promotes sexuality as a normal part of human development, and teaches students what it means to have healthy, positive and safe relationships and behaviors.

That article also states how Brad disagrees with SPLC characterization of his statements.

My concern is with the question of a student's right to learn about such things opposed by a parent's right to keep such knowledge away from teens aged 13-17.

Should a parent have the right to have their children abducted and sent away as a means of intervention? You can look up Ted Patrick, creator of deprograming, to see what I'm talking about. I was a competitor of his back in the day. I favor the rights of minors more than the rights of parents, when it comes to a showdown about the minor's own self image and choice of beliefs.

Brad states his position as favoring parent's rights.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There are always going to be stories of perceived excess punishment of those of certain orientations at a school that teaches Biblical sexuality and marriage. It goes with the territory of believing that marriage is one man/one woman and that homosexual sex is sinful behavior or that sex outside of marriage is sinful behavior. For some, that's outright hate speech and would be a punishment to have to sit there and hear it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For some, that's outright hate speech and would be a punishment to have to sit there and hear it.

I won't argue that, hence why I suggested the possibility a disgruntled student may have gave a false report... I could definitely see that happening, especially with teenage kids.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yep. In a day and age when HUffPo goes to the trouble of posting a hit piece on Chip and Joanna Gaines just for attending a church that affirms those teachings trying to paint them as some kind of twisted couple, you know it can happen.

Maybe this is something dark, but it's equally likely not to be after an armed raid turned up nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: rickymouse

Searching the school to verify there was nothing to justify the rumors is not really bad, they passed that test. Did they have to bring guns in for that? It was the forcing of the school to teach their young that sexual exploration is acceptable when the religion says it isn't is crossing the line.

We've known of fringe Christian groups starting to acquire weapons and preach questionable teachings before... And we've seen our government mishandle many of those instances.

My guess in a case like this is that there is more to the story. Maybe a disgruntled former student made some things up to try and get people in trouble, or maybe it is just a classic government f# up.

But I don't think there as enough evidence out yet.

As for the part about California forcing them to allow sexual exploration, a quick google search shows that some teens have claimed to be punished before because of their orientation. While I don't think any school should be forced to allow physical interaction with kids past a hug, there has to be lines drawn on what kids can be punished for as well. I'm all for religions being able to teach that something is wrong, but punishing a kid for being gay is like punishing someone else for their religion. And we do have freedoms in this country so long as it doesn't infringe on others.

The thing is that this is not a public school, it is a privately run school. Maybe they now get money for students, but the students and their parents voluntarily join into the school, they have the ability to go whereever they want to go most times. In fact, you have to probably apply for that school, if you apply, you are probably required to sign that you will follow their rules. That church is not the only option, the kids can go to public schools.

If they start teaching second graders too much about gays and Transvestites here, the locals will stand up and complain to the school boards in our town, second graders do not even have to know about sex. All they need to know is that if someone touches them inappropriately that they should tell their parents. If it is their parents, they should tell maybe the grandparents. Washing a cut on the butt of a kid with hydrogen peroxide and applying a bandaid is not child sexual abuse. A parent should not have to bring a kid to the doctor if they sit on a sliver. But I do know some people who are worried about stuff like that because of the way society is going.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Do you mean a left-winger source?... They will probably not cover this.

But here is an article from a legal defense organization, Pacific Justice Institute, talking about this raid and what they are doing to defend this Christian school and others.

6 Jun, 2019

Sacramento, CA—Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) is fighting for the future of a Christian boarding school in Northern California that has been targeted by State officials. PJI believes the case has chilling implications for Christian schools throughout California.
Instead of apologizing for its dangerous blunder, the State doubled down and began imposing daily fines against the school for allegedly operating as an “unlicensed community care facility.” RVCA has actually operated as a private school for the past 25 years, filing an annual affidavit with the California Department of Education as do other private schools and homeschools in the State.

The State is now taking the position that, due to recent legislation, it is no longer possible for a private boarding school to operate without extensive licensing and oversight by the Department of Social Services. But licensing is more than just an administrative headache—it would require the Christian school to relinquish its moral standards. For instance, the State requires that licensed facilities allow students to have the right to engage in spiritual and sexual exploration, which contradicts the goals of many parents who enroll their kids in RVCA.

California Raids Christian School, Seeks to Change Its Beliefs or Shut It Down

edit on 11-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I stated it is a "Christian boarding school" and excerpted parts that specify that this is a school for at risk youth and the school teaches values that the parents want to impart on their children that are at risk students.

BTW, yes the school is in fact "screwed" because the state of Calihellfornia wants the school to allow students for sexual exploration... This is just one, and I am willing to bet it won't be the last school if it is not already happening to others in that hellhole of a state.

edit on 11-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I won't argue that, hence why I suggested the possibility a disgruntled student may have gave a false report... I could definitely see that happening, especially with teenage kids.

But even after they found "nothing" to corroborate those false rumors the state of Calihellfornia doubled down and imposed daily fines and provisions on the school which goes against the values of the boarding school and the parents who want to impart those values on their children who are at risk students.

edit on 11-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I want to see the "swat type raid"

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I want to see the "swat type raid"

Riiight, like Swat teams always record themselves doing raids? If there had been no raid "the Pacific Justice Institute" wouldn't have stated the raid occurred...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I think some hyperbole is being used..bigly!

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Christian School?

Is that not a misnomer at best?

I mean if they are telling those weans the world is only 6000 years old as the Bible teaches, they are doing them a tremendous disservice.

Don't know about illegal all the same, people being perfectly free to believe as they choose.

No need for SWAT me thinks just common sense.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think some hyperbole is being used..bigly!

You can think the sky is purple and the oceans on Earth are made of methane if you would like... It would still not change facts, and all evidence does say this school was raided under false claims, and then the state of Calihellfornia decided to impose daily penalties and provisions that imposes a view contrary to that of the school and parents... Perhaps some in the left have forgotten that "freedom of religion" is not the same as "freedom from religion..."

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

SWAT style? they kicked the door in, threw in a few flashbangs..good grief
in this I'm mostly questioning the hyperbolic title made to appeal to some!

As for the school, they should be able to run the curriculum the parents signed up for..I guess.
edit on 11-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So it's all single source. PJI makes a statement. PJI talks to CBN. CBN spins a story out.

The facility is functioning as if it were a group home or interventionist treatment facility without the proper licensing. If parents have a problem with their teen's statements of belief or sexual preference - whoosh - off to the "Christian boarding school" for deprogramming and indoctrination.

Parent's rights trump teen rights.

Oh well. Nothing new really. Kids have always had a hard time choosing beliefs opposed by parents.

"Freedom of Religion" should mean an individual's right to choose religion or not. It should not mean the freedom of religion to impose its mandates upon individuals.
edit on 11-6-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

"As for the school, they should be able to run the curriculum the parents signed up for..I guess."

I suppose that's what Dumbledore would chime off at Hogwarts.

Vegetable rights now i say. LoL

Teach them enough to fear invisible anthropomorphized sky Gods and tick one of two boxes is the real colour of the day, and that's not just in the Christian schools if truth be told.

edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join