It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian School Hit with SWAT-Style Raid, CA Demands They Allow Sexual Exploration or Be Shut Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Apparently californisdtrova does not understand the separation of church and state.

In public schools you are not supposed to have praying and Christian holidays and the like

In a church run private school they are allowed to follow their teachings of their holy scripture.

Also why was Chips doing a raid? I thought highway patrol was you know patrolling the highways?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Has anyone seen that story verified on an actual news site?

Just curious , because it wouldn’t shock me if it is totally fake or the real event barely resembles the article.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
"The law provides students with knowledge and skills about natural growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage and family. It also promotes sexuality as a normal part of human development, and teaches students what it means to have healthy, positive and safe relationships and behaviors."

That article also states how Brad disagrees with SPLC characterization of his statements.

Thanks for the link. It in no way supports the claim that they are an LGBT hate group, and I suspect that any additional attempts to prove they are an LGBT hate group will fail in the same way.

Knowing full well that the inclusion of the term 'gender' means 'gender identity' and all of the BS being promoted by the radical trans-activists, I would be fully opposed to such a law myself.

It is not the business of the school to be promoting bizarre ideological theories with no basis in fact or reality - like 'gender identity' - to school children.

My concern is with the question of a student's right to learn about such things

Studenst have the Right to not be force fed bogus theories being pushed by lunatic fringe activists. They are in school to learn the 3 R's, maybe some History and Civics, but certainly not trans-activist nonsense.

opposed by a parent's right to keep such knowledge away from teens aged 13-17.

My concern is with our obligation as a Society to not force feed bogus theories being pushed by lunatic fringe activists as if they were facts.

Parents have an absolute Right to teach their children religious and lifestyle principles, and not have their children force fed what they believe to be garbage theories that have no basis in fact even if you believe the Parents belief is in error.

Children belong to their Parents, after all, and no one else.

Should a parent have the right to have their children abducted and sent away as a means of intervention?

If their children were force fed bogus theories without the Parents knowledge and started believing in nonsensical ideas like you can change your sex from male to female, then a Parent has the Right to do whatever they can to undo the damage, but I don't see how it would require abduction, since their child is already in their possession.

I do believe that the best solution for Parents is prevention - always insist on being fully aware of the curriculum their school teaches, and if the school refuses to provide a full copy of the curriculum, or refuses to sign an acknowledgement that they do not teach radical nonsense - or if the Parents have any fundamental disagreement with any of it, either get it changed, or put their kids in a different school, or even home-school them if that is the only way to keep them safe.

You can look up Ted Patrick, creator of deprograming, to see what I'm talking about.

From a little googling, it appears he was abducting adults, not children, and while I sympathize with his intentions to want to help families torn apart when loved ones get suckered into cults, no, kidnapping adults is not the best answer - although I might resort to it myself if ever faced with such a bad situation, it would depend on the circumstances.

I was a competitor of his back in the day. I favor the rights of minors more than the rights of parents, when it comes to a showdown about the minor's own self image and choice of beliefs.
Again, since he was dealing with adults primarily (or at least that is what his Wikipedia page describes), I guess you would want to 'compete' with him because you are yourself in a cult?

Remind me never to let you anywhere near my kids.

Brad states his position as favoring parent's rights.

I'm with Brad, and you are a radical trans-activist promoting radical theories that have no basis in fact or reality to vulnerable children, doing extremely violent damage to those children in the process, some - who get confused by your garbage and start thinking it applies to them - even to the point of physical disfigurement.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Christian School?

Is that not a misnomer at best?

I mean if they are telling those weans the world is only 6000 years old as the Bible teaches, they are doing them a tremendous disservice.

Don't know about illegal all the same, people being perfectly free to believe as they choose.

No need for SWAT me thinks just common sense.

Common sense being, unless there are actual crimes being committed, butt out, it is no ones business but the school, teachers, and parents.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

And Gods, of course, don't forget the main culprit.

No need for SWAT to arrive put it that way.

Kids can spot lies rather well anyway, so as soon as they can read a book that's not the Bible I'm sure they will draw there own conclusions.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The end result of ideologies that will not compromise. Just a few decades ago California was solidly conservative and Republican - the 60's came and with it a tidal wave of cultural Marxist zealots.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I do believe that the best solution for Parents is prevention - always insist on being fully aware of the curriculum their school teaches, and if the school refuses to provide a full copy of the curriculum, or refuses to sign an acknowledgement that they do not teach radical nonsense - or if the Parents have any fundamental disagreement with any of it, either get it changed, or put their kids in a different school, or even home-school them if that is the only way to keep them safe.

That's what the new law provides.

SEC. 3. Section 1502.2 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:

1502.2. (a) Commencing January 1, 2018, the department shall license private alternative boarding schools, as defined in paragraph (19) of subdivision (a) of Section 1502, as a group home pursuant to this chapter. A licensed private alternative boarding school shall comply with all provisions of this chapter that are applicable to group homes, unless otherwise indicated, and with this section.
(b) A licensed private alternative boarding school shall comply with all of the following:
(2) It shall prepare and maintain a current, written plan of operation, as defined by the department.

(5) It shall provide each prospective youth and his or her parent or legal guardian with an accurate written description of the programs and services to be provided. If it advertises or promotes special care, programming, or environments for persons with behavioral, emotional, or social challenges, the written description shall include how its programs and services are intended to achieve the advertised or promoted claims.

(6) It shall ensure that all individuals providing behavioral-based services to youth at the facility are licensed or certified by the appropriate agency, department, or accrediting body, as specified by the department in regulation.

(c) A private alternative boarding school shall submit a staff training plan to the department as part of its plan of operation. In addition to the training required of group home staff, the staff training plan shall include, but not be limited to, training in all of the following subject areas:

(1) Youth rights, as described in subdivision (d).
(2) Physical and psychosocial needs of youth.
(3) Appropriate responses to emergencies, including an emergency intervention plan.
(4) Cultural competency and sensitivity in issues relating to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities.
(5) Laws pertaining to residential care facilities for youth.
(d) (1) A youth admitted to a licensed private alternative boarding school shall be accorded the following rights and any other rights adopted by the department in regulations, a list of which shall be publicly posted and accessible to youth. The personal rights enumerated in Section 84072 of Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations shall not apply.
(A) To be accorded dignity in his or her personal relationships with staff, youth, and other persons.
(B) To live in a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment where he or she is treated with respect.
(C) To be free from physical, sexual, emotional, or other abuse, or corporal punishment.
(D) To be granted a reasonable level of personal privacy in accommodations, personal care and assistance, and visits.
(E) To confidential care of his or her records and personal information, and to approve release of those records prior to release, except as otherwise authorized or required by law.
(F) To care, supervision, and services that meet his or her individual needs and that are delivered by staff who are sufficient in numbers, qualifications, and competency to meet his or her needs and ensure his or her safety.
(G) To be served food and beverages of the quality and in the quantity necessary to meet his or her nutritional and physical needs.
(H) (i) To present grievances and recommend changes in policies, procedures, and services to the facility’s staff, management, and governing authority, or any other person without restraint, coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or other retaliatory actions.
(ii) To have the licensee take prompt actions to respond to grievances presented pursuant to clause (i).
(I) To be able to contact parents or legal guardians, including visits and scheduled and unscheduled private telephone conversations, written correspondence, and electronic communications, unless prohibited by court order.
(J) To be fully informed, as evidenced by the youth’s written acknowledgment, prior to, or at the time of, admission at the facility, of all the rules governing the youth’s conduct and responsibilities.
(K) To receive in the admission agreement information that details the planned programs and services for the youth.
(L) To have his or her parents or legal guardians remove him or her from the facility.
(M) To consent to have visitors or telephone calls during reasonable hours, privately and without prior notice, if the visitors or telephone calls do not disrupt planned activities and are not prohibited by court order or by the youth’s parent or legal guardian.
(N) To be free of corporal punishment, physical restraints of any kind, and deprivation of basic necessities, including education, as a punishment, deterrent, or incentive.
(O) To have caregivers who have received instruction on cultural competency and sensitivity relating to, and best practices for, providing adequate care to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth in out-of-home care.
(P) To be free from acts that seek to change his or her sexual orientation, including efforts to change his or her gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex.
(Q) To have fair and equal access to all available services, placement, care, treatment, and benefits and to not be subjected to discrimination or harassment on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnic group identification, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, or HIV status.
(R) To be free from abusive, humiliating, degrading, or traumatizing actions.
SB-524 Private alternative boarding schools and outdoor programs.

So there you go. Your concerns are covered.

If the school was operated by a recognized denomination they would be exempt from being classified as "alternative", in which case this portion of the law would not apply.

it appears he was abducting adults, not children, and while I sympathize with his intentions to want to help families torn apart when loved ones get suckered into cults, no, kidnapping adults is not the best answer

The cases mentioned were cases brought to attention through law suits. Minors, as a general rule, are not litigious people. They usually don't sue their parents. The parents who hired him were not likely to sue him either.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The question remains, Marxist or GOP: Does the State of California have an interest and responsibility for the well being of minors?

The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

SECTION 1. The Legislature finds and declares all of the following:

(a) For decades, hundreds of nontraditional treatment programs that are intended to be less restrictive treatment options for children with significant behavioral issues have been established nationwide, with thousands of allegations of abuse, including death.
(b) There are currently facilities operating within California that are not licensed by the State Department of Social Services.
(c) These facilities are often owned and operated by nonprofit organizations described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(d) These facilities advertise services for youth with behavioral issues to families who may feel they have no other options.
(e) Former students have formed national and local organizations to expose the trauma and abuse they experienced at these facilities.
(f) Students at these facilities are previous victims of trauma, have experienced parental rejection based on actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity, and have mental health and substance use issues.
(g) It is the role of the Legislature to ensure proper licensing and regulation of residential facilities for the protection and care of all citizens.
(h) It is the intent of the Legislature that the state license private alternative boarding schools and private alternative outdoor programs as community care facilities to ensure the safety of children admitted to those schools or programs.
leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
"(P) To be free from acts that seek to change his or her sexual orientation, including efforts to change his or her gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex."

So there you go. Your concerns are covered.

Well... yeah, I'd definitely refuse to let my children go to any such school, thats for sure.

The cases mentioned were cases brought to attention through law suits. Minors, as a general rule, are not litigious people. They usually don't sue their parents. The parents who hired him were not likely to sue him either.

Got it... so, no, no problem with Parents of minor children hiring someone to bring them home. As for engaging in any de-programming, I would want to be fully involved in that activity, I certainly wouldn't trust a stranger, but I would welcome the assistance of someone who had experience in successfully doing it.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I dont know much about this Riverview Christian Academy, but I find it interesting that they are subsidiary of Teen Rescue. Last week I think it was, me and a few of my friends were watching "spooky" Youtube videos last week together, and one was about a story involving an organization called Teen Rescue being talked about on Reddit and it being a cult like place, even following the person once he got his parents to get him out of the facility.

I was able to find a story from last year also about a female who said if she even talked about being gay she would be banned from any type of physical contact in any way with anyone for months. The issues with this particular facility appear to go back years.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This story not only also backs up the Reddit story, but sounds like many other cases from this facility.

"However, others of these programs operate under the guise of a “private boarding school,” such as River View Christian Academy in Redding, CA, which I was taken to and kept in against my will for over a year. In my experience, the program leveraged isolation and criminalization to break down its “students,” giving them no choice but to comply.

www.amadorvalleytoday.org...

The more I dig the more and more stories I find like this coming out of this "academy". I hate government regulation, but I believe places like this absolutely need it. They changed their name in 2014 from Julian Youth Academy after a staff member murdered their child on campus.
edit on 12-6-2019 by trb71 because: More Info.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am not even sure that place can even be called a school. The "students" said they don't have any teachers. There is a list of reports about the "school" that makes the place sound like a horror story. This is some kind of behavioral camp/detention facility.

In January 2010, the Social Services Department received a complaint alleging that River View used “extreme measures of discipline” on kids, including putting them in isolation, withholding food, and using shock collars, according to a declaration filed in court. The department received another complaint a year later and tried to visit the campus, but Ludwig wouldn’t let state officials on the property. At the end of 2011 — after a former student turned staff member secretly delivered her own baby and then left the child for dead on campus — the department got a warrant to inspect River View, but nothing came of it.
March 2015, when a girl at the campus reported that she was sexually abused and strangled by another client at the facility, according to a declaration. The department tried to inspect the campus but staff again wouldn’t let social services agents on the premises. It closed the case and marked it “inconclusive.”
link

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: trb71

They changed their name in 2014 from Julian Youth Academy after a staff member murdered their child on campus.

Here's some survivor testimonies:

endinstitutionalabuse.wikispaces.com...-451.0-451.78" target="_blank" class="postlink">I support the bill to End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005
At 14 years old, I was awakened on a cold August morning at 5am to strangers who forced me to either dress in front of them or remain in the scant pajamas I was in. I chose the latter for obvious privacy reasons. I was not granted permission to use the restroom, or any other personal hygiene habits before what I was told would be "a long trip." My younger brother was asleep, and I would not get to see, write to, or talk to until a year later. My older sister, I will never forget, stared into my eyes with such sadness and intensity that I was stricken to muteness and shock for the entirety of the 6 hour car ride to Julian, CA. I knew not that I would also not have contact with her, nor family other than my mother and father, for about a year.

The link is complex.

https : //archive.is/20130209223243/http : //endinstitutionalabuse.wikispaces.com/message/view/home/1208751#selection-451.0-451.78

copy/paste link, remove spaces in front of and behind : (colons) then hit enter.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with shutting down a cemter of religious indoctrination. There is no need for religion anymore. There never was one really, and now it's about time we let go of those ancient chains, in the western world, and enjoy the freedom that comes with knowing that Christianism, just like Judaism and Islam, is nothing more than the creation of a bunch of old dudes who wanted to control women's sexuality and access to reproduction.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

How about a REAL source. LOL!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hmm, rather interesting!!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Naw, the hyperbolic fake ones get more feelz of persecution

Starting to sound like this was not a cool place at all!!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

What you call "freedom of religion" is to impose your own beliefs upon others, and to hell what parents want for their children... Of course you have no qualms whatsoever with your own beliefs being forced by the state upon others...

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

What do you call a real source?... CNN?... MSNBC?... The same sources that have been lying to you for over 2 years now and you keep pretending they are actual news sources?... LOL

I have already given this other source. If you have a problem with it PROVE that it isn't a real source...

6 Jun, 2019

Sacramento, CA—Pacific Justice Institute (PJI) is fighting for the future of a Christian boarding school in Northern California that has been targeted by State officials. PJI believes the case has chilling implications for Christian schools throughout California.
Instead of apologizing for its dangerous blunder, the State doubled down and began imposing daily fines against the school for allegedly operating as an “unlicensed community care facility.” RVCA has actually operated as a private school for the past 25 years, filing an annual affidavit with the California Department of Education as do other private schools and homeschools in the State.

The State is now taking the position that, due to recent legislation, it is no longer possible for a private boarding school to operate without extensive licensing and oversight by the Department of Social Services. But licensing is more than just an administrative headache—it would require the Christian school to relinquish its moral standards. For instance, the State requires that licensed facilities allow students to have the right to engage in spiritual and sexual exploration, which contradicts the goals of many parents who enroll their kids in RVCA.

California Raids Christian School, Seeks to Change Its Beliefs or Shut It Down

edit on 13-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yeah we know by now you want every school and every religious institution, etc, to follow your own beliefs, and in fact just like Calihellfornia you want your own beliefs pushed and for all other beliefs to be suppressed. That's nothing new...

Anyways, here is some information about the boarding school.

About RVCA
Over the past 25 years our school has proven to help bring strength, healing and structure to teenagers who were previously at risk. Our purpose is to bring peace back to the entire family. Our beautiful campus is located in Northern California and our school is open to any family, regardless of religion, beliefs, or background.
RVCA does not conduct conversion therapy. In fact, we do not provide any type of therapy. We also do not give punishment for expressing sexual preference. In order to keep students focused on their education, sexual or romantic encounters or entanglements between students are not allowed. This rule applies to all students, regardless of gender or sexual preference. This is also in observance of California law (CA PC 261.5).

www.teenrescue.com...

edit on 13-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct excerpt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join