It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage Hit By Milkshake During Newcastle Walkabout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Krakatoa

But aren't the Brits supposed to be above all this? Isn't that something one of us deplorable American's would do, and would be admonished for their low-level reaction?

No region of humanity is above actions like this. It happens in all societies and I think we're all aware of that.

Defending and diminishing this sure sounds like a certain form of hypocrisy to me. But then,. what do I know, I am just an uninformed American.

I didn't see where I defended it, in fact I believe I said something of the sorts "he should be punished". Violence is when you harm somebody, I don't think egos count.

By common definition, assault is a violent action against another person. You saying it was not violence is disingenuous at best, and biased dogma at worst.

Did it cause physical harm to Farage? I don't think so, therefor I do not see it as violence, still a punishable dick move though.

I find your humoring of biased dogma a tad humorous though. I'm American, I have no dog in that fight.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
It's funny. The left think that violence is the worst thing you can do. They call words violence, however, they seem to be in a state of cognitive dissonance now.
The leftkeep throwing things at people and hitting people too. They keep shutting people down and 'no-platforming' people.
The left has morphed into the monster it claims to hate. Hate does that, stop being so hateful leftist nutbags.
They hit Tommy Robinson (cos eez a Nazi innit) and Karl Benjamin too (cos eez da rapist innit).

So how does that world view play out when it is Corbyn being egged? Or is that also ok?

Personally, i have no objections with any foodstuffs or beverages being thrown over any politician. I only object to it when the intent is to cause pain rather than ridicule.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

We've been throwing things at dodgy politicians since way back.

I liked it when Prescott punched the guy who threw an egg at him....for all his politics were a bit crap at times he was a bit of a character.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

But aren't the Brits supposed to be above all this? Isn't that something one of us deplorable American's would do, and would be admonished for their low-level reaction?

No region of humanity is above actions like this. It happens in all societies and I think we're all aware of that.

Defending and diminishing this sure sounds like a certain form of hypocrisy to me. But then,. what do I know, I am just an uninformed American.

I didn't see where I defended it, in fact I believe I said something of the sorts "he should be punished". Violence is when you harm somebody, I don't think egos count.

By common definition, assault is a violent action against another person. You saying it was not violence is disingenuous at best, and biased dogma at worst.

Did it cause physical harm to Farage? I don't think so, therefor I do not see it as violence, still a punishable dick move though.

I find your humoring of biased dogma a tad humorous though. I'm American, I have no dog in that fight.

Here it is again, in case you missed it....
Merriam Webster: Assault

Definition of assault (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : a violent physical or verbal attack
b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces
an assault on the enemy's air base
c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)
an assault on drug trafficking

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

1a : a violent physical or verbal attack

If you subscribe to that than verbal attacks are considered assault.

I think we both know that's not your stance.

Violence is when someone is harmed. He was not harmed. Maybe if it was spit or blood I could agree, but this was just harmless beverage cast onto his suit, again, not cool and is still punishable.
edit on 20-5-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

We've been throwing things at dodgy politicians since way back.

I liked it when Prescott punched the guy who threw an egg at him....for all his politics were a bit crap at times he was a bit of a character.

That''s not my point, is it? My point is that one poster dmiiminished it by calling it non-violent. It was assault, and by definition, it is a violent act, regardless of injury or not.

Frankly, I don't care in the least about that action, just that it is called out for what it is, a violent act.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That''s not my point, is it? My point is that one poster dmiiminished it by calling it non-violent. It was assault, and by definition, it is a violent act, regardless of injury or not.

So if someone through beverage on your cloths, you would tell everyone you got assaulted and were subjected to violence?

I wouldn't, that would hurt my pride more than the action.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So if someone through beverage on your cloths, you would tell everyone you got assaulted and were subjected to violence?

I wouldn't, that would hurt my pride more than the action.

Legally, yes, it would be assault. But then, I respect the laws....for everyone.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE BOARD:

I have in the past jested at our UK members (playfully just for a rise) about how things are different across the pond.

I can no longer do so as it seems I may have misjudged circumstances, and it appears that my country is more of a sissy society.

I apologize and concede for prior remarks, even if they were jokingly.

I live in a pansy country. Not the other way around.

I'll see myself out.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Mr "Not his real name" might just be a massive Nob. That doesn't make it ok for idiots who oppose a political position to start chucking stuff and trying to stop the debate. That way lies totalitarianism.

I bet Jo Cox's killer was brim full of exactly the same type of righteous indignation that milkshake man was.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ha ha.

Tis as we knew all along.

But there's no need to desert us, we like comedic banter and taking the piss, you at least sort of get it.

Oh, and I'll never, ever bring this admission up again in the future, honest.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

But there's no need to desert us, we like comedic banter and taking the piss, you at least sort of get it.

My rules always been if you dish it out, you better be able to take it... Also brownie points for someone who can self deprecate better than anyone can dish insults at them.

Oh, and I'll never, ever bring this admission up again in the future, honest.

You're a good man. Thank you for allowing me to hold on to some of my pride.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

Maybe the thrower is part of the CUK party...

For god sake, ya'll have a remainer party that is LITERALLY the cuck party.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Wow, a violent leftist, imagine that.

why do you and others keep repeating the mantra "violent leftists" as if it's a novel idea......there have always been violent leftists.....you must still think that every leftist acts like a wimp....guess what?...they are also members of the NRA, they hunt, they know survival techniques, many with a military backround.
edit on 20-5-2019 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Mr "Not his real name" might just be a massive Nob. That doesn't make it ok for idiots who oppose a political position to start chucking stuff and trying to stop the debate. That way lies totalitarianism.

I bet Jo Cox's killer was brim full of exactly the same type of righteous indignation that milkshake man was.

Couldn't care less about Farage or his politics, but the milkshake thrower didn't look like much of thinker either.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Couldn't care less about Farage or his politics, but the milkshake thrower didn't look like much of thinker either.

I'm not versed enough to have an opinion on the politics of Farage, Brexit, or the UK.... But I have laughed my ass off to some of his videos speaking at the EU.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Think that was on the cards really as apparently even the likes of McDonalds was even refusing to sell the drinks beforehand. Guess "Five Guys" did not have an issue.

Well, if someone wants a milkshake bad enough..they will find one!!
Banning milkshakes will just prevent regular people from having one, the criminals will not respect the ban and have a milkshake.
And even if banned, the bad guys will just use a Fresca, or a Zema..can do plenty of damage still!!

Anyway, dumb thing to do, and not helpful.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I think Farage visiting Newcastle for a walkabout was possibly a dumb thing to do.

I'm surprised he kens the place exists, to be honest.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ha, I don't really know much about him other than he is a bit of a RW sh#t stirrer and led the out side of the Brexit deal.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Aye well, i suppose he has been known to Milk the outside of the Brexit deal.

Probably steal the Milk out our tea as well through just for kicks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join