It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage Hit By Milkshake During Newcastle Walkabout

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Nigel Farage had milkshake thrown at him during a campaign walkabout.

The Brexit Party leader had just given a short speech in Newcastle as part of a tour of the country ahead of the European elections.

A man was dragged away by a police community support officer and later seen in handcuffs.

Paul Crowther, 32, from Throckley, Newcastle, said it was a £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake.

Nigel Farage hit by milkshake during Newcastle walkabout

Think that was on the cards really as apparently even the likes of McDonalds was even refusing to sell the drinks beforehand.

Guess "Five Guys" did not have an issue.

Lucky it was not a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale i suppose.
edit on 20-5-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's funny. The left think that violence is the worst thing you can do. They call words violence, however, they seem to be in a state of cognitive dissonance now.
The leftkeep throwing things at people and hitting people too. They keep shutting people down and 'no-platforming' people.
The left has morphed into the monster it claims to hate. Hate does that, stop being so hateful leftist nutbags.
They hit Tommy Robinson (cos eez a Nazi innit) and Karl Benjamin too (cos eez da rapist innit).
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Shaking up Britain as promised I see

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Oh, calm down its only spilled Milk, and as we all know there no point in crying over the stuff.

Obviously

"His milk shake brings all the boys to the yard,
And they're like,
Its better than yours,
Damn right its better than his".

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

£5.25 for a Milkshake... up North !

The thrower is obviously either mad or a Tory.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

While this is a dick move and should be punished, I think that calling this violence is a bit of a stretch.

This is more like property damage as that suit will have to be dry cleaned.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It’s assault by any definition.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yea I was a little shocked when I read the price of the milkshake.... Then I thought about how much Starbucks charges for some of their beverages.

Also, I think that many in the UK is doing well considering how many people there have nose beer habits.

link   
Wow, a violent leftist, imagine that.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

While this is a dick move and should be punished, I think that calling this violence is a bit of a stretch.

This is more like property damage as that suit will have to be dry cleaned.

I think the problem is that this sort of thing generally escalates..he throws a milkshake, you get pissed and throw a punch, then someone throws an egg, next it's rocks and bricks.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Like I said, the guy should be punished, and if this happened to me I'd certainly be pissed.

But I wouldn't call this violence. Is Farage physically hurt?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Don't really know if I would have waisted a fiver on Farage like this if am honest, plenty of dog crap on the pavements.

Also common assault, I mean come on, who hasn't had a drink in their face at some point, its hardly assault, its not very nice, its a crappy thing to do to another person, but its hardly think kind of thing you deserve an assault charge for and the huge impact that has on your life. This cost poor Nigel a dry-cleaning bill, he's not injured, the only thing hurt was his pride. It should be a slap on the wrist, a police caution, don't be a moron and do something like that again, not an assault charge.

It should be treated like any other idiot through a drink over another idiot on a Friday night.
edit on 20-5-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

How do you know he's a "leftist" ?

Our politics has moved Beyond left and Right since the Brexit vote.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah, you're right. It might be some right-wing nutjob upset that Farage isn't right enough.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Definitely a “remainer”.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Don't really know if I would have waisted a fiver on Farage like this if am honest, plenty of dog crap on the pavements.

Also common assault, I mean come on, who hasn't had a drink in their face at some point, its hardly assault, its not very nice, its a crappy thing to do to another person, but its hardly think kind of thing you deserve an assault charge for and the huge impact that has on your life. This cost poor Nigel a dry-cleaning bill, he's not injured, the only thing hurt was his pride. It should be a slap on the wrist, a police caution, don't be a moron and do something like that again, not an assault charge.

It should be treated like any other idiot through a drink over another idiot on a Friday night.

Didn't the bloke who hit Corbyn with an egg get a month in prison?

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You know in the UK our politics isn't really split with this stupid dogma of left vs right.

There are loads of people on the left who love Brexit and loads on the right who think it's the worst thing to ever happen. I think your post perfectly epitomises the folly that comes when you try to put everyone you don't like into that group over there.....

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this guy just isn't all that political and figured it would be laugh.

You however sir, quite clearly don't get our politics and just want to hate on the lefties because you get lots of "oooohhhh....shiny stars"...and "yayyyyyyy.....my opinion is being validated by other right-wingers...."

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Yup also stupid.

Although I would add that in that case the guy did make contact with Corbyn, he gave him quite a smack to the head as the egg smashed all over his face.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Most politicians get rich stealing from their own countrymen. So if they get hit with a shake from time to time, that's ok in my book.
edit on 20-5-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Yup also stupid.

Although I would add that in that case the guy did make contact with Corbyn, he gave him quite a smack to the head as the egg smashed all over his face.

But like that guy who aggressively milk-shaked Tommy Robinson.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join