It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

At some point the fetus is a baby worth protecting; there is a lot of debate as to when that is

Agreed. And this may sound callus, but to some degree early term abortions may be protection. Forcing a child to be born to a mother who did not want them may not be saving them, rather it could be forcing them into a world that does not want them, nor wants to help them.

I can't imagine what life as a kid without a loving mother would be. But if there was some magic moment someone said you'd be reborn, but no parents and a possibility of foster care. Idk if I'd redo.

Not saying that's the way it is. I just try and think of all the possibilities.

While I have an opinion, I've never made this a point of contention on my voting, mainly because given my position, I feel it's not my place.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Nyiah

Debating when the fetus should be allowed to be terminated is not off limits or me just forcing my opinion on people

It’s a debate worth having that medical professionals should weigh in on

That's a good idea, All the Doctors I know think they're God.
edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No I didn't I complained that the legislatures who wrote this law and voted for it were stupid and pointed out that it was predominantly men who voted for it.

You actually said those men should listen to the poor women in the Senate about the issue.

Turns out they did.

All I have ever asked for was balance. Simple. Two living beings, one woman and one child. Two people responsible, one man and one woman. All have rights. You have indicated over and over again that only the woman's rights matter. I cannot and will not accept that. So... bye-bye Roe vs. Wade.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: SailorJerry

a reply to: SailorJerry

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

Using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body, isn't using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.

Its not her body, again, last i checked when she gets the abortion its the baby thats killed and not her

You just want to keep ignoring that dont you.

Keep your fingers in your ears

You actually believe a womans body isn't her body once she becomes pregnant?

So a woman who becomes pregnant because of rape doesn't own her body anymore? Are you serious?

Why any woman would vote for a Republican from here on out is beyond me. Imagine if a bunch of angry old women were using the government to control how men reproduce.

How well do you think that would go over?

Old woman here,but not angry! I would rather be lobotomized by a monkey than ever vote
democrat again. I am one of those who would like to see Roe/Wade reversed.Women should
use birth control or keeping their legs shut,not jump around from partner to partner*.

* I was trying to be politically correct!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

👏👏👏👏

I thoroughly enjoyed that well thought out post.

I don't agree with it all, but I agree with how you put it. Well said.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: InTheLight

Well if it is overturned then society will have two deaths on their hands if women are forced to seek illegal abortions.

No, you will. You are the one who changed my mind. Congratulations.

TheRedneck

I highly doubt your mind is changed.

Are women's constitutional rights not worth the paper they were written on?

What makes a woman so special that she has the legal right to kill but I don't?

What makes military personnel so special that they have the legal right to kill? Self-serving reasons.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
When women gained the right to vote, government intervened and laws were put into place to ensure that women had the right to vote.

When civil rights laws were passed, (that's right, more laws by government) it meant more freedoms, rights and liberties for minorities.

Me, personally, is see making more laws to recognize the individual human rights of the unborn as just as important.

It's something I believe strongly about.

I've been reading this thread and not really commenting because I can and often am an abrasive asshole.

But I wanted to put it into context. At least, context on how I see it.

Obviously others feel different.

It's the same problem with putting religious rights over others' rights in certain situations, e.g. 'no cake for you'.

I think government and the medical community needs to come up with alternatives for women so the unborn can gestate within an artificial uterus. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow. An artificial uterus. How utterly repulsive. Sorry kid, but your mom is an artificial uterus since your other mom considered you a burden on her own life and wanted to kill you even though your existence is her fault. Unbelievable. All of this could be avoided with a little self responsibility.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Debating when the fetus should be allowed to be terminated is not off limits or me just forcing my opinion on people

The medical professionals have weighed in on the heartbeat issue, but nobody is listening because it goes against their agenda.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I always felt abortion was a wedge issue that the establishment in both sides love

While we argue, they don’t care at all, and push wars, bank bailouts, etc

I understand people on both sides of the issue are very passionate and I respect that

But I don’t weigh in on it much because I didn’t my know much about the science of when life begins

I do think roe v wade was a bad decision in that abortion is not talked about in the constitution and should be left to the states

Or an amendment should be passed

But my preference would be a system that allowed early term abortions and in cases of sever medical emergencies, but that would be it

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

When women gained the right to vote, government intervened and laws were put into place to ensure that women had the right to vote.

When civil rights laws were passed, (that's right, more laws by government) it meant more freedoms, rights and liberties for minorities.

Me, personally, is see making more laws to recognize the individual human rights of the unborn as just as important.

It's something I believe strongly about.

I've been reading this thread and not really commenting because I can and often am an abrasive asshole.

But I wanted to put it into context. At least, context on how I see it.

Obviously others feel different.

It's the same problem with putting religious rights over others' rights in certain situations, e.g. 'no cake for you'.

I think government and the medical community needs to come up with alternatives for women so the unborn can gestate within an artificial uterus. Why isn't anyone talking about this?

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow. An artificial uterus. How utterly repulsive. Sorry kid, but your mom is an artificial uterus since your other mom considered you a burden on her own life and wanted to kill you even though your existence is her fault. Unbelievable. All of this could be avoided with a little self responsibility.

Alternatively, hey kid you are alive because of this apparatus and now we the government will pay your way through life.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well who do you think should have input on when abortions should be allowed?

Do you think there is a point when abortion shouldn’t be allowed (after dialation)?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I always felt abortion was a wedge issue that the establishment in both sides love

While we argue, they don’t care at all, and push wars, bank bailouts, etc

100% agreed. Comes up every couple of years like clock work. We'll hear about this very bill in a year as we will the post birth abortion ones.

But I don’t weigh in on it much because I didn’t my know much about the science of when life begins

That's the tricky part, everyone disagrees on just when that is. Some believe it is even wrong to use contraception.

But my preference would be a system that allowed early term abortions and in cases of sever medical emergencies, but that would be it

I think people could live with that. There has got to be a range most people agree on where a woman has time to know they're pregnant and make informed decisions after thinking about it.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: SailorJerry

a reply to: SailorJerry

They arent regulating anyone's body you twit, they are telling you you cant kill another being with a heart beat. If it was the mothers body she would be the one who died when the abortion was performed.

Using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body, isn't using the government to regulate what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.

Its not her body, again, last i checked when she gets the abortion its the baby thats killed and not her

You just want to keep ignoring that dont you.

Keep your fingers in your ears

You actually believe a womans body isn't her body once she becomes pregnant?

So a woman who becomes pregnant because of rape doesn't own her body anymore? Are you serious?

Why any woman would vote for a Republican from here on out is beyond me. Imagine if a bunch of angry old women were using the government to control how men reproduce.

How well do you think that would go over?

Old woman here,but not angry! I would rather be lobotomized by a monkey than ever vote
democrat again. I am one of those who would like to see Roe/Wade reversed.Women should
use birth control or keeping their legs shut,not jump around from partner to partner*.

* I was trying to be politically correct!

Or women should tell men to wear rubbers or it's .....adios payaso, chongo.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Women should use birth control or keeping their legs shut,not jump around from partner to partner*.

Is birth control without adverse reaction? Doesn't the hormone birth control not jive with some women?

Either way, no contraceptive method is bullet (swimmer) proof.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you, good sir.

I will admit that I share many of your opinions on the matter, even the one you described as sounding callous. I wish this debate could be fruitful... I just don't think it can be. Not any more.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

But that's a very simplistic approach to a very complex issue. When does a fetus become developed enough to be considered alive? When do the rights of the fetus supersede the rights of the mother and vice versa?

Questions like those are why there is so much gray area and debate over this issue. It's not just one side that thinks killing babies is fun and another side that thinks that's wrong.

When is an unborn baby considered human?

We make things unnecessarily complex when it is a very simple issue.

It's human. It's a human life. Very simple.

No grey area what-so-ever.

We can all agree that the unborn are humans, right?

That they always will be humans.

Yet these are really the one class of individuals left on the planet that have no rights at all.

They have none.

Very well said. She's pregnant with another human, plain and simple. The only reason this human suddenly becomes a nothing with no rights and doesn't deserve to live is because feminists have to find a reason to make an argument. It's disgusting.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

But that's a very simplistic approach to a very complex issue. When does a fetus become developed enough to be considered alive? When do the rights of the fetus supersede the rights of the mother and vice versa?

Questions like those are why there is so much gray area and debate over this issue. It's not just one side that thinks killing babies is fun and another side that thinks that's wrong.

When is an unborn baby considered human?

We make things unnecessarily complex when it is a very simple issue.

It's human. It's a human life. Very simple.

No grey area what-so-ever.

We can all agree that the unborn are humans, right?

That they always will be humans.

Yet these are really the one class of individuals left on the planet that have no rights at all.

They have none.

Very well said. She's pregnant with another human, plain and simple. The only reason this human suddenly becomes a nothing with no rights and doesn't deserve to live is because feminists have to find a reason to make an argument. It's disgusting.

Yeah, all the judges who ruled for women to have the right to choose were also feminists - your response is so lame.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Good, women who seek to murder their baby
Don't deserve to live.

Jaden

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Well, as we can see from the hysterics here and on social media as well as news outlets, this is not going to go away any time soon.

If rights are understood with the unborn, there will be people protesting it endlessly. Hell, there are still people protesting civil rights for minorities.

So might as well get used to it.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Well who do you think should have input on when abortions should be allowed?

Do you think there is a point when abortion shouldn’t be allowed (after dialation)?

Im not a doctor or a theologian. I'll just echo ole slick willie...Abortion should be Safe, legal and rare.

Contraception should be free and available everywhere. Morning after pills at the 7/11 between the coffee and donuts.

edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: check it brenda

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join