It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well you could stop bouncing off the wall and just join the sex boycott. Its simple give them what they say they want. If you don't want a baby just don't have sex.
And buy a gun in case some sicko lunatic condemns your young child to death by pregnancy because our justice system will never give the guy the punishment he deserves.
edit on 15-5-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What kind of wonky ass logic was that????

The same wonky logic that says you should go sit in the corner and shut up while the women decide things without you.

TheRedneck

Killing is murder, isn't it? With or without justification, isn't it?

Nope..... Not when it's self defense.....

Wrong again.....

Going to others' countries and forcing hostilities then claiming self-defense is a ridiculous argument.

Just gonna go ahead and ignore the part about always having the right to defend yourself no matter where you are huh?

Couldn't cram that into your narrative so pretend it doesn't exist????

Judging by your last statement comparing killing babies to the inconvenience of motherhood, I'm not surprised

You should really change your avatar name.... There's nothing "InTheLight" about murdering innocents

You lost that one...so here come the insults.

LOL there were no insults, but the fact you think you "won" some argument by comparing a mother killing her unborn child, w people defending themselves from an aggressor out to kill them, perfectly illustrates how flawed your logic is......

You're literally all over the place

Come to think of it, I'm not surprised you think that's some sort of victory

Like playing chess w pigeons

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: mamabeth

Women should use birth control or keeping their legs shut,not jump around from partner to partner*.

Is birth control without adverse reaction? Doesn't the hormone birth control not jive with some women?

Either way, no contraceptive method is bullet (swimmer) proof.

Tell me about it,that's why my name went from Beth to Mamabeth!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This bill forces everyone into a serious honest discussion about abortions because everyone knows it will never happen ..

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Most of the time he moves out of state when you get pregnant.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I see a lot of people arguing that it's ultimately up to the woman to decide. What about the father that helped conceive the child?

It is up to the lawmakers/judges to decide based upon the interpretation of existing constitutional laws.

Lol the same lawmakers you're saying don't have the right to make the very law were discussing???

Make up your mind

No, I mean SCOTUS - the final say.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What kind of wonky ass logic was that????

The same wonky logic that says you should go sit in the corner and shut up while the women decide things without you.

TheRedneck

Killing is murder, isn't it? With or without justification, isn't it?

Nope..... Not when it's self defense.....

Wrong again.....

Going to others' countries and forcing hostilities then claiming self-defense is a ridiculous argument.

Just gonna go ahead and ignore the part about always having the right to defend yourself no matter where you are huh?

Couldn't cram that into your narrative so pretend it doesn't exist????

Judging by your last statement comparing killing babies to the inconvenience of motherhood, I'm not surprised

You should really change your avatar name.... There's nothing "InTheLight" about murdering innocents

You lost that one...so here come the insults.

LOL there were no insults, but the fact you think you "won" some argument by comparing a mother killing her unborn child, w people defending themselves from an aggressor out to kill them, perfectly illustrates how flawed your logic is......

You're literally all over the place

Come to think of it, I'm not surprised you think that's some sort of victory

Like playing chess w pigeons

LOL and the insults keep coming.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
This bill forces everyone into a serious honest discussion about abortions because everyone knows it will never happen ..

And we need more serious honest discussions about abortion. It gets the gals all fired up for the next elections.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Well you could stop bouncing off the wall and just join the sex boycott. Its simple give them what they say they want. If you don't want a baby just don't have sex.
And buy a gun in case some sicko lunatic condemns your young child to death by pregnancy because our justice system will never give the guy the punishment he deserves.

The sex boycott is a ploy to garner attention, ain't nobody got time for that.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12Well I guess that Father will realize if someone wants that child which is growing inside of a woman then He will have to help pay for that child and whom His parents if they decide to raise it.....or He would be just another dead beat Father running around...

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Give it an honest try you might find its sex You don't have time for.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My my.

The governor signed the bill.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My my.

There was never a doubt in my mind that she would not.

Is she still avoiding the protesters, or should I say 'the people'?
edit on 15CDT05America/Chicago01250531 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The only thing that I want to know, is what happens when a couple uses contraception? Multiple forms of contraception in fact. Is married, young, not financially stable. Also when a doctor refuses to perform either tubal ligation or vasectomy due to the age of the couple, because, ya know, they might change their minds one day.

Is abortion an option in that case? When they've done everything they possibly can to prevent a pregnancy, aside from abstinence, because ya know...they're married. Do they raise the child knowing they never wanted it, knowing they're incapable of financially caring for it, or emotionally caring for it for that matter? Do they put the thing up for adoption and deal with the physical, mental, and financial ramifications of that decision? Do they get an abortion, which has its own set of physical, mental, and financial ramifications as well?

I want to know what the one size fits all right answer is to this question.

My opinion on the matter is that tubal ligation or vasectomy should not be considered an elective procedure, and should be 100% covered by insurance. They only discretion a doctor should have over weather he or she performs such surgery is the health of the patient requesting the surgery. Now I know some things have changed in the almost 20 years since this was an issue for me, and I know that some insurance will cover some of the cost, I know mine did when I finally found a doctor who would perform it...not in my 20's when I originally requested it, but in my mid 30's. Will a doctor now perform one on a 21 year old who is married with no children?

Please note that I am not debating on when life begins etc. I have my stance on it, as I'm sure everyone else does. I just want to know what the 100% perfect option for everyone is.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Do you think she would go against her own party? I doubt it...she won't get reelected

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Radicals on both sides are stupid politically. The Dems want to give free things to illegal aliens, a very stupid political move, and this is politically stupid for the Republicans.

Believe me, if they get rid of row v wade, the GOP will be wiped out

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
That is the taste of freedom. How does it taste?

Which rights are next on the chopping block, some of you guys call us subjects yet it's clear as subjects we enjoy far more freedoms than our American counterparts do. Bizzare world we live in.

I am..accepting.. of abortion in cases of rape, incest, and medical instances. Not for body part farming.

That being said, we are all free to abstain, or purchase birth control/condoms, and learn to be more responsible in practicing safer sex without this safety net.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Radicals on both sides are stupid politically. The Dems want to give free things to illegal aliens, a very stupid political move, and this is politically stupid for the Republicans.

Believe me, if they get rid of row v wade, the GOP will be wiped out

Even though it was built on a lie?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My my.

There was never a doubt in my mind that she would not.

Is she still avoiding the protesters, or should I say 'the people'?

Why do you care..... Shes a woman it's her right to choose.....

Oh wait..... Is that only valid if they choose abortion?

Man I wish you guys would make up your mind on if women should be able to have a voice or not

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then I guess it's official. Not a smart move IMO, but what do I know? I'm just a man and don't get a say in such matters. Now, in Virginia, you can abort a baby until a few hours after it has been born; in Alabama you can't abort it at all.

The bill, now a law, will be struck down within hours. That was its whole purpose. Then we'll see if the Supreme Court will revisit Roe vs. Wade.

Looks like the extremists got what they wanted. I wonder why they really wanted it though?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join