It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Senate passes nation’s most restrictive abortion ban

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Only thing I approve of is the day after pill. If someone makes a mistake in the heat of the moment they know immediately. Jaden

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Only thing I approve of is the day after pill. If someone makes a mistake in the heat of the moment they know immediately. Jaden

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: InTheLight

Good, women who seek to murder their baby
Don't deserve to live.

Jaden

They probably won't live if they are forced into illegal abortions.

Despite the assertions of some who oppose abortion, unsafe abortion was and is a public health crisis. More specifically, lack of access to safe abortion was and is a public health crisis. It was one in the states before Roe V. Wade, and it is currently one globally. Restrictive abortion laws lead to maternal mortality and mother-less children. Even ones with exceptions for certain conditions. The more restrictive the law, the higher the rates of death and other complications.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15CDT03America/Chicago04530331 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 15CDT03America/Chicago04630331 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Good, women who seek to murder their baby
Don't deserve to live.

Jaden

What should we do with fathers that run away when the baby comes and refuses to take responsibility for that life?

Let the taxpayers take over?
edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But I don’t weigh in on it much because I didn’t my know much about the science of when life begins

Technically, it never does. There is no point during which the child, fetus, embryo, fertilized egg, even the sperm and egg cells, are not alive. Life continues; it does not begin.

Likewise, there is no point where it is not human. There is a point where it is a unique human, as in separate from the woman's body... that is when the egg is fertilized.

But none of that really matters, because none of it addresses the question that matters: when is it a viable, sentient being? That question no one can yet answer. We can only guess. It seems reasonable to believe that a grouping of 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 cells with a unique DNA are still not sentient... there is no brain, no organs, no heart. Even when the brain has formed, is it formed to the point where sentience exists?

Personally I say when it can consciously react to pain, which a late-term child can certainly do. But that's my opinion, and one of many voices that should be heard.

None of this negates the fact that Roe vs. Wade must go... just clarifying my thoughts in a small section where the hate is not so strong. My thanks to you and CriticalStinker for supplying that small area.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What makes military personnel so special that they have the legal right to kill? Self-serving reasons.

Uhh people shooting at them and trying to kill them, that's the justification......

What kind of wonky ass logic was that????

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What should we do with fathers that run away when the baby comes and refuses to take responsibility for that life?

How about we drag them through court, take everything they have, put the mother in charge of whether the father can see their own kid, and throw them in jail if they step one foot out of line?

Oh, wait, we already do that...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't approve of how a lot of people use their rights.

That doesn't mean I don't think they should have them.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What makes military personnel so special that they have the legal right to kill? Self-serving reasons.

Uhh people shooting at them and trying to kill them, that's the justification......

Self-serving government justification that sends them to other lands where they will be shot at and must shoot back, don't you mean.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The same wonky logic that says you should go sit in the corner and shut up while the women decide things without you.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How about we drag them through court, take everything they have, put the mother in charge of whether the father can see their own kid, and throw them in jail if they step one foot out of line?

TheRedneck

Bitter reply. So now I see where you are coming from.

link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The same wonky logic that says you should go sit in the corner and shut up while the women decide things without you.

TheRedneck

Killing is murder, isn't it? With or without justification, isn't it?
edit on 15CDT03America/Chicago05130331 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Yes in a perfect world. Most just skate and deny it's theirs and sometimes they are right. And it's up to the state to take care of that child if the mother is unable to. And as horrible at that is, it's preferable to growing up in an unloving, poverty stricken home.
edit on 15-5-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I see a lot of people arguing that it's ultimately up to the woman to decide. What about the father that helped conceive the child?

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I see a lot of people arguing that it's ultimately up to the woman to decide. What about the father that helped conceive the child?

It is up to the lawmakers/judges to decide based upon the interpretation of existing constitutional laws.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Know what else is oppressive? Robbing a human being of the chance at having a full life, and dumping their remains in the refuse bin while you go on about your day

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Know what else is oppressive? Robbing a human being of the chance at having a full life, and dumping their remains in the refuse bin while you go on about your day

Sounds about the same life a woman might face if she could not have the abortion she wanted.

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Self-serving government justification that sends them to other lands where they will be shot at and must shoot back, don't you mean.

No, it's the same logic that says if my life at any point is threatened I won't hesitate to preserve it......... Whether it's over seas in uniform or standing outside my own house watching the sun set.........

Stop trying to detail because your example was ridiculous

posted on May, 15 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So what if 2 people had consensual sex but the female decided she didn't want the child. Is it still her body, her choice?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join