It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup underway in Venezuela

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

Even the LA Times call this an US backed effort. Try again

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
This is about people starving and an illegal government.

Things are never that simple.

Yes, people are starving, but who do the people blame for it?

If they perceive the US (for example) as being responsible for their problems (and in part they are) then they will not support anyone that is backed by the US, and that's the biggest problem, the country is too divided for a military (or similar) action, things have to be dealt with caution, diplomacy and patience.

Rushing things like they did today when they had a large demonstration scheduled for tomorrow is not a smart move and it may even look like a desperate move from someone that knows they do not have enough support.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Depends on what you mean by US backed. If the US says we support new elections, then it's a US backed effort.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So, I couldn’t follow the situation closely toda, but what are you people supporting Maduro saying?

That he’s not rigging elections to stay in power and he’s not letting his own people starve to death?

So far I haven’t seen anyone on my close circle not defending this attempt to RESTORE democracy.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Guaido is just as legitimate as Maduro at this point. That's if you believe the election was rigged. In that case neither was actually elected by the people.

At this point Guaido should either be calling for another election or recognizing Falcon as president.

Instead he refused impartial election monitors, claimed he was President, and then tried to lead a military coup.

Based off that he doesn't seem any better than Maduro. The only difference is that he's in the pocket of the US.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
After the armored vehicle ran down humans this Maduro is a psycho-path.He has these people close to crazy communism...That is where they are headed.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Oh I agree they are not simple. But it is a fact Maduro formed an illegal government and is preventing the real government from holding new elections.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Even the LA Times call this an US backed effort. Try again

It's obvious the US backs Guaido, as we should. But again, there is no evidence that he is a US puppet under the control of the United States. Try harder.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The difference being Guaido is there to get fair, legal elections. If he tries to stay in power without elections he is illegal too.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Basically most of them say Maduro is not US backed so they want him to stay in power.

Not all of them, but it's a common theme.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Bolton said after the coup started they prefer it to be peaceful but "all options are on the table".
To me it sounds like they intend to back Guaido reuters
No talking about elections

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nobody in this thread has said that. Just that he has too close ties to the US to be free from suspicions.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Nobody in this thread has said that. Just that he has too close ties to the US to be free from suspicions.

No one should be free from suspicion. I want him to do his legal duty and give the people an actual voice in free and fair elections.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

blue arm bands apparently represent forces loyal to The United States of America.

Lemmy fix that for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well, it becomes an interesting question. What if Maduro orders the military to start killing civilians and it becomes a massacre and the people ask for US protection ...

I am loathe to get involved militarily, but do we ignore that plea?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Only time will tell. Right now it looks more like a stalemate with a strong possibility of bloodshed.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Seems Guido did nothing but secure his own hanging.

Good riddance I say.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you run armored vehicles over people and have all the guns and money and power then I’m pretty sure your in a dictorial state...This is exactly why the NRA refuses to give up their power...Because of tyrants like Maduro,let us not forget He was a taxi driver given power by Hugo Chavez,which is crazy and irresponsible to begin with.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well, it becomes an interesting question. What if Maduro orders the military to start killing civilians and it becomes a massacre and the people ask for US protection ...

I am loathe to get involved militarily, but do we ignore that plea?

I don't know. I dread to think about it.
Let's hope for now he's not that crazy

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Unfortunately.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join