It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Coup underway in Venezuela

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's kind of my point. Everybody should just back the # away or it will be Afghanistan 2.0 now much closer to home.
Which wouldn't surprise me if Russia is delighted about that little overlooked fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It is my understanding that Juan Guido was nominated by the Venezuelan congress to oversee a peaceful transition of power per the Venezuelan Constitution.

Maduro refused to accept the findings of their congress and has ignored their constitution.

The fact that Maduro is a dictator doesn't mean that Guaido is a saint. According to the Venezuelan constitution the Venezuelan National Assembly can nominate an interim president for a month, to prepare a presidential election, and there's where I see a problem, as the National Assembly and Guaido have been acting as if he was nominated president for an unnamed period of time.

Sounds like there's no good guys in this fight.

We'll have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Since he has the military backing him and won't allow it they do. Maduro created his own government.

It's not a question of being allowed, how many times have you seen Guaido talking about elections?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I didn't know that guns are banned in Venezuela. Ordinary citizens are prohibited from owning them.

mobile.twitter.com...

Sucks.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Man a lot of y'all just bicker back and forth.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I now understand your perspective.

Thanks..........and yea, you're probably correct in that sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Now it seems like US agent Guaido is fleeing to colombia.

Regime Change failed, Trump-USA!

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Got it.............thanks.

And then thinking through the situation, I realized one of the big problems with Maduro is that he's backed by the military which is owned, operated and controlled, by all reports.................by the Cubans! And therein lies a bigger problem. The Cubans, being communists, i.e. Leftists understand Leftist Dictatorships which is why there's so much suffering in Venezuela. Leftist dictatorships see the "people" merely as surplus suitable for the Gulag or the death camps.

Sad really and I highly doubt pursuit of "Democracy" will prove to produce a much improved result.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From the live feed, it really doesn't seem like the people in the streets have any organization whatsoever. Honestly, they just seem bored and maybe need something to do.

You got some kids randomly throwing rocks. Then you got random moments where groups start running around for no apparent reason..

Then you got the cops or military (whatever they are) appearing just as disorganized. You hear what sounds like random gunfire, but it appears they are either shooting blanks, or maybe rubber bullets. But it seems like they are just randomly shooting at ghosts.

Weird.
edit on 30-4-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I think that's why he wasn't able to gain more military support. Thank you I didn't know that.

The only chance the people of Venezuela have is sadly to sabotage the state where they can find it. Occupy everything that makes Maduro's life still enjoyable. Run it completely into the ground, make it uncomfortable and no more profitable for his supporters.
Then there can be change. Venezuela has to burn to the ground if the people want freedom and democracy. Everything else is just a bandaid.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's what happens when a politician without a plan tells people to revolt.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because the REAL government nominated him interim President. How could he be a candidate when there was no legal election? Maduro formed an illegal government, held an illegal election, rigged it so he won. The entire election is invalid.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sounds like there's no good guys in this fight.

We'll have to wait and see.

I think Colombia and Brazil should invade and split the country and oil right down the middle, win win for all.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Because the REAL government nominated him interim President. How could he be a candidate when there was no legal election? Maduro formed an illegal government, held an illegal election, rigged it so he won. The entire election is invalid.

You should know better, anyone that America backs is right.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Wookiep

That's what happens when a politician without a plan tells people to revolt.

This is what happpens when the CIA meddle in other countries affairs.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So where's Russia ?

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is not a good situation whatsoever and sounds like a major war escalating...Marco Rubio told CNN off on Twitter for some comments they made...Maduro is evil if His men will run over a crowd of people with military vehicle armored vehicle....No way out of this but war looks like at this point.
edit on 30-4-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You should know better, anyone that America backs is right.

Oh certainly not, and this has nothing to do with America. This is about people starving and an illegal government.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
So where's Russia ?

Eurasia.

posted on Apr, 30 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that some are repeating Maduro's conspiracy theories as if there was evidence to support them.

Maduro has called Guaido a U.S.-backed puppet who seeks to oust him in a coup.

Venezuela foreign minister says Maduro in control, blames Washington for violence

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join