It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: Grambler

Have you forgotten what your OP was?

First off, your numbers are made up. You already admitted that and backtracked.
Secondly, does saying something isn't an echo chamber make it not an echo chamber... no.

Did you claim THIS thread wasn't an echo chamber? Or did you claim ATS is not a "right wing" echo chamber?

Make up your mind. Straw man. Trash OP to get stars.

Nonsense. You merely keep repeating it is a right-wing echo chamber without proving it, which is the same thing you accuse the OP of doing.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Echo echo echo.

Your right, I should of made a thread about it instead. Thanks for proving my point that the OP is flawed.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Echo echo echo.

Your right, I should of made a thread about it instead. Thanks for proving my point that the OP is flawed.

I said your argument was flawed, not to mention hypocritical.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Have you forgotten what your OP was?

First off, your numbers are made up. You already admitted that and backtracked.
Secondly, does saying something isn't an echo chamber make it not an echo chamber... no.

Did you claim THIS thread wasn't an echo chamber? Or did you claim ATS is not a "right wing" echo chamber?

Make up your mind. Straw man. Trash OP to get stars.

I remember exactly what the OP was about. The fact I disagree with so many that say ATS is a right wing echo chamber. I outlined my reasons why.

Then you come in, and say this thread is a right wing echo chamber.

I showed you were clearly wrong, and say that this further proves the OP, because people like you can see a thread here a third of the posters are against the OP, and still say its an echo chamber.

You are upset that I didnt count before I said at least a third, even though that number ended up being accurate.

Me pointing out that you are wrong, and not in reality claiming that this thread is an echo chamber is not me stopping defending my claim in the OP that ats is not a right wing echo chamber.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Echo echo echo.

This literally was an echo lol.

Of course, my argument is flawed but my argument was that the OP was flawed.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Oh the irony!

Members claiming that it's a right-wing echo chamber automatically refutes the claim that it's a right wing echo chamber because if it was. . . the members would not be able to post!

lolz

Wednesday chuckle.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

Echo echo echo.

This literally was an echo lol.

Of course, my argument is flawed but my argument was that the OP was flawed.

Then how is “right wing echo chamber” an adequate descriptor when there are left wing posters?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Oh the irony!

Members claiming that it's a right-wing echo chamber automatically refutes the claim that it's a right wing echo chamber because if it was. . . the members would not be able to post!

lolz

Wednesday chuckle.

It hilarious.

And not just one poster, but about a third on this thread.

I have asked exactly what percentage of posters need to be non right wing before its not an echo chamber.

No response of course.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I showed you were clearly wrong

You fabricated a percentage to try and prove your point.

and say that this further proves the OP, because people like you can see a thread here a third of the posters are against the OP, and still say its an echo chamber.

So are you saying ATS is an echo chamber or a right wing echo chamber? And as the OP do you understand the difference?

You are upset that I didnt count before I said at least a third, even though that number ended up being accurate.

So you did lie and now you expect me to believe you? As the OP what's your current criteria for an echo chamber? Considering zero resistance would make this a straw man argument.

Me pointing out that you are wrong, and not in reality claiming that this thread 9s an echo chamber is not me stopping defending my claim in the OP that ats is not a right wing echo chamber.

This sentence was hard to read but I think I get what you were trying to say, basically the points you've just made in no way reflect your OP. Your proof that ATS isn't a right wing echo chamber is that people are disagreeing in this thread. Which as you know is flawed as your OP was not about individual disagreements.

Thanks for explaining, you've not improved your position. You created a straw man thread to get stars and debunk a claim no-one made literally. You've then took to arguing with me for calling you out on it, you fabricated proof to support your claim, got annoyed I called you out on fabricating and now claim you've done the math now... etc etc

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You fabricated a percentage to try and prove your point.

No i didnt fabricate iot. I read the entire post and saw just how many posters were here and what they were saying. I said at least a third seemed to be against the OP is osme way, but I didnt count them out directly.

When I did count, that number was accurate.

You meanwhile said the thread was an echo chamber, implying what that there was only one or two posters agains the OP.

You fabiricated that, and it was wrong.

So are you saying ATS is an echo chamber or a right wing echo chamber? And as the OP do you understand the difference?

The Op is saying ats is not a right wing echo chamber. I dont believe ats is an echo chamber at all. There are plenty of diverse points of view, as this thread shows.

So you did lie and now you expect me to believe you? As the OP what's your current criteria for an echo chamber? Considering zero resistance would make this a straw man argument.

No I did not lie. Based on my observation I felt the number was around 1/3 of posters critical of the OP. When I counted the number was hire than that.

You said the thread was an echo chamber. You lied, so why should anyone believe you?

My criteria for an echo chamber is that almost all comments are exactly the same. Thats clearly not the case.

Whats you definition, seeing as how you view this thread to be an echo chamber. Apparently you either believe that having 1/3 of posters with differing opinions still makes it an echo chamber, so whats you definition?

This sentence was hard to read but I think I get what you were trying to say, basically the points you've just made in no way reflect your OP. Your proof that ATS isn't a right wing echo chamber is that people are disagreeing in this thread. Which as you know is flawed as your OP was not about individual disagreements.

Thanks for explaining, you've not improved your position. You created a straw man thread to get stars and debunk a claim no-one made literally. You've then took to arguing with me for calling you out on it, you fabricated proof to support your claim, got annoyed I called you out on fabricating and now claim you've done the math now... etc etc

My roof pf my position was outlined in my orginal posts, which you havent refuted.

Your post claiming this thread is an echo chamber is FURTHER proof of my OP, showing that many of the people claiming ats is an echo chamber ignore reality, such as you in this thread.

No i didnt create a strawman thread, as your posts and many others here show. A strawman would imply I made up the fact people say ats is a right wing echo chamber; Yourself and many posters on this thread prove that is the case.

You are delusional; you claim that a thread with about a third of the people disagreeing witgh me is an echo chamber; you claim an op saying people call ats an echo chamber is a strawman, when you yourself are calling it an echo chamber along with many others, proving you wrong.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

(post by SeenItBelieveIt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Lie. Again. I said right wing echo chamber. Suggesting that its a thread posted with mainly right wing supports replying. Understand yet?

Is right wing echo chamber an adequate descriptor when there are left wing posters?

No it isn’t by definition.

What does the OP say?

“I don't think that is an adequate descriptor. ”

edit on 17-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Me reading every comment and saying a third were agaisnt the OP is not fabricating evdience. It was an estimate, it turned out to be true.

Your claim that this was an echo chamber of a threas was a lie not based in reality, as proven by the ten or so people on this thread disagreeing with the OP.

your claim tyhere is not a single left wing supporter on this thread is another lie. You have no way of proving that, and I bet several members would disgree and say they are considered left wing.

Now you say echo chamber means "mainly right wing" In other words, if more than half are right wing, its an echo chamber.

thats is incredibly stupid, and not the definition of an echo chamber.

The trhead mentioned rigfht wing echo chamber because people like you claim threads or ats are a right wing echo chamber. I dint write a thread on people claiming ats is a bigfioot echo chamber because no one is really claiming that.

You are a liar, saying this thread is a right wing echo chamber, and there are not left wing people here.

You dont know what the word starwman means, as this thread is not one.

I didnt move form a third to none, you are lyng again. I said this thread wasnt an echo chamber. Its not. I said the fact a third of the posters were agianst the OP prove that. It does. When you said did I count, I said know, but it could have been a fifth or a sixth of posters being against the OP, and that STILL proves this thread isnt an echo chamber.

then I counted, and my estimate was correct; it was about a third of posters critical of the OP.

Here what happened.

You said this thread is an echo chamber. I showed that is laugahbly incorreect. You then try to say yeah but your claim of one third of posters showing its not an echo chamber was only estimated and not counted, therefore I am right.

You are not right. You are delusional and think this thread is an echo chamber and you know you are wrong so you are trying to desperately skirt the issue.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Oh and as for your claims I am star chasing.

Another pathetic tactic of someone who cant win an argument.

I proved this thread is not a right wing echo chamber, and thus I must be star chasing.

Its unbelievably pathetic of you.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm sure you get it, but people like him will argue its a right wing echo chamber until you agree with them. Its all part of the "I have to be right" attitude that opponents of the right, or rather mostly opponents of anything Trump, have. He will argue blindly and clumsily until it is a chamber that echos his views...

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Does the OP really believe people posting "right wing echo chamber" thought that ATS had zero left wing posters?

Are you/he that naive, or was this just a waste of a thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Does the OP really believe people posting "right wing echo chamber" thought that ATS had zero left wing posters?

No I dont believe that.

I would allow that having only one or two left wing posters would not be proof it wasnt a ricght wing echo chamber.

However, when we have far more than that?

Then its not an echo chamber.

Like this thread.

You call it an echo chamber.

So how many people need to disagree with the OP before its not an echo chamber according to you?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Right... whereas him having to reply to each of my posts at least once is nothing like that.

Lol... its funny when you accuse me of the same thing the OP does.

Whats the difference? Its not because this is a right wing ... LOL! Circle the wagons!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

He made a valid argument for his point using facts...you did nothing close to that...just came in stamping your feet repeating the same provably wrong point. I know reality is scary but dude...at least try it out and give it a shot.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

They were wrong, as are you. You just need to come up with a better descriptor, friend.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join