It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't think those policies hurt the world. I think the climate accord and the globalists that support t seek to erode national sovereignty for many countries and are more of a danger to the world, and they view trump as their enemy.

But what country do you reside in?

Do you want a leader that focuses on helping your country, or helping people in other countries?

I'm and Australian citizen, but I reside in New Zealand.

We are on the temperate edge of the Antarctic and we have seen the issues arising from the Ozone hole. It is measurable and real. We include the details about UV exposure levels in all our weather reports now.

We have livestock and farmed crops that get sunburned, just like we ourselves do and we need to provide shade that our parents never had to worry about.

If you want evidence of human interference in climate, there it is. Irrefutably.

Dealing with climate change is a bit like immunization. If you get a few people who opt out, their inaction's mean that goals cannot be met and no matter how much the rest of the world tries to protect themselves, they don't have the same total of resources to deal with a genuine global problem.

You can pretend that the US can go it alone but we are all on the same planet.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

That is not proof of human causing climate change. At best its proof of climate change.

There is no agreement how much affects humans have, how bad the problem will get, how much the paris agreement will help it, how much the US acting will solve the problem, etc.

Its seems you want a US president that benefits you the most.

I wish we had a New Zealand president that would help the homeless in the US and not be concerned with the citizens of new Zealand.

Or not. Each citizen should have elected officals that have their best interests at heart. You may disagree with trump, and that is reasonable, but the idea of nationalism being bad is wrong in my opinion, and leads to a globalists system that will erode all national freedoms.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I did not vote for Trump or Hillary (jill because she was the only one who advocated for peace,) I was on this site during the Bush days (at work never posted just read) and was an Obummer supporter at first (day 2 of his presidency realized we had been had.) Was a staunch Bernie supporter in the last election and realized that due to their treachery is why we got Trump (who I thought was Hiliarhea's controlled opposition much like Bill was Bush's.) As they have attacked his presidency while he was doing things I actually supported I slowly came around to respect him (if she goes to prison he gets my vote in 2020) but still am skeptical (I don't trust any politician since they all do the opposite of what they promise which is why I think I am leaning towards Trump since he is the first elected official to actually follow thru on his promises in my lifetime (43 yo.) I still do not consider myself rw or lw as I believe that a woman should have the right to choose what they want with their body but cannot condone a member of a Death cult that degrades women and am in awe at how hypocritical they have become. Do I defend Trump absolutely as he has done more good for this country than harm but still despise the majority of the rest of the party (Jim Jordan Rand Paul (Trey Gowdy before he left and his buddy who left as well) are about all I like (despise Mconnell). The left has gone bat s crazy. I was a member of a group on FB (Dudeocracy) where every time I posted anything positive about Trump I was immediately attacked and evne when facts were presented they still were all tds. Currently consider myself a member of either party as they both stink of corruption, deceit and give no rips about any member of this country. In regards to being a rw echo chamber I do not think ATS is that at all as I do not see many posts where they support anyone beside Trump (who I consider to be neither wing but the Eagle. If it is a RW echo chamber where are the posts against abortion, PP, war on drugs etc? At most I think it has become a group supportive of a President that neither party likes (few exceptions) who call out everyone on their BS and is not afraid of anyone. Trump used to be a D but then his bff died mysteriously (no I do not think he is Q but wouldn't that be friggin awesome if he was?) He even told the world that if he ran for Pres it would be as a R because they would believe anything. Sorry for the novel and incoherent rambling (just started my 2nd adult beverage of the evening.) I think Trump gets support here because he is the true anti-politician who doesn't play politics and runs the country to be successful and does not pull any punches about it. Trump may not be the leader we want but he is the leader we need and maybe deserve.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would say yes it is.

While others are allowed to post, if those posts dont match the current right wing talking points, they get shouted down and buried by multiple people telling them they are wrong in exactly the same way.

You can also see it the flag and star counts. Posts that are factually wrong or devoid of content get many of each just because they say the right thing.

Such as the Xue post on the front of the live page about Pelosi defending Omar. Going back to look at Omar's statements about 9/11 there is nothing there to be outraged about but because its bashing Pelosi and Omar about 9/11 tons of flags and stars for all posters that agree.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Its a label for the simple minded folk who aren't capable of thinking things through.

Like I said the other day, what are we supposed to do, go searching for some crazy thing from the right wing everytime the Left behaves like literal NAZIs? No. We report the matters of interest. During the Bush2 era, it was all about republican scandals. Well, now the Left are making fools of themselves so now thats what we are talking about.

Awww, the poor Leftys are getting called out for every horrible, retarded, racist, hateful, divisive thing they do! The poor dears can't get a break! BOOO #ING HOOO!!!

Man, some people can dish it out just fine, but they sure can't take it.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

That is not proof of human causing climate change. At best its proof of climate change.

Chlorinated Fluorocarbons, the primary agents of Ozone depletion, have no natural source.

The Ozone holes are entirely and definitely man-made.

There is no agreement how much affects humans have, how bad the problem will get, how much the paris agreement will help it, how much the US acting will solve the problem, etc.

Its seems you want a US president that benefits you the most.

I wish we had a New Zealand president that would help the homeless in the US and not be concerned with the citizens of new Zealand.

Or not. Each citizen should have elected officals that have their best interests at heart. You may disagree with trump, and that is reasonable, but the idea of nationalism being bad is wrong in my opinion, and leads to a globalists system that will erode all national freedoms.

Ah, "freedoms".

You perhaps should look at the history of right wing governments and authoritarianism (the left wing governments are just as bad).

Also, as far as percentage of population incarcerated, and total numbers of population incarcerated, I think the US pretty much maxes those figures out. List of countries by incarceration rate - Wikipedia.

Oh, and you were the third last country in the world to abolish slavery (just before Brazil & Cuba).

So, you have a right-wing government, nearly everyone is armed and jittery, your government spies on you openly, you have a recent history of slavery and the incarceration stats aren't that great.

Enjoy that freedom.

Also, I don't think that Trump has your (or anyone else's) best interests at heart. If it came down to the wire, he's in it for himself (in my opinion).

edit on 17/4/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I mean... this thread turned into a right wing echo chamber.

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Man, some people can dish it out just fine, but they sure can't take it.

Evidently you are one of those people.
Funny thing being that you won't even realise your own post glows.

You are practically crying about what people said about the "right" before and desperately splurging out the usual catchphrases. Unravelled.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I don't think there are less anti trump people because of the bull headedness of trump supporters on this site, I think its just because there hasn't been good news for the anti trump crowd recently. Eventually the tides will turn and these posters or others like them will be back.

This is like my second post this month on this site (my first on a Trump topic in quite a while I think), now I have by no means left ATS but I am posting way less and sorry to burst your bubble on this its exactly because of the bull headedness of Trump supporters on this site. It's not because I feel like the debate has been lost or anything like that, it's not even because my interest in Trump has lessened its precisely because I just cannot be arsed with the Trump supporters anymore. Actually, that's unfair, it's not the Trump supports per-say because there are some like the OP who are reasonably fair, it would be more accurate to say it's because of the alt-right takeover of this site, all of whom also happen to be Trump supporters who seem determined to turn ATS into their echo chamber. Just because you have a few of us crazy lefties still kicking about doesn't change that.

For me personally I do not want to be getting into debates with people who refuse to acknowledge trans-rights, I don't want to have to debate with xenophobes who want to dismiss Islam as the religion of evil just like I really do have better things to do with my time than bang by head against the brick wall of the Trump supporters cries of "fake news" every time the orange one says something else stupid. I don't post as much because the level of intellectual debate on this topic on all sides (yup even my own) has dwindled into petty school yard bullying. For my part I cannot speak out against Darth-Trump without because accused of "Suffering from TDS".

Not only that but the rise in alt-right political thinking on ATS has percolated down into pretty much every topic, even the movies forum for Christs sake. Something is wrong when I can't go into a Star Wars thread without some political troll wanting to talk to me about the leftist propaganda.

Now you might very well wish to disagree with me, you might wish to claim that the reason people are pissed off with this site has nothing to do with the "bull headedness" of Trump supporters and thats fine, its your opinion have at it. I personally however completely disagree with that statement because it is exactly the posting behaviours of Trump supporters that has put me off this site. Its the inability to respect another opinion, its the arrogance, its the MAGA attitude, its the cries of "Fake news"...."YOU HAVE TDS", its the lack of logical arguments....I could go on all day but I won't.

Just like I probably won't bother replying to any of the replies that I know this post will generate because I know how triggered some of you seem to get by this alien in a suit, because quite honestly none of you are worth my time any more. I have better things to do than try to have meaningful discussions with the "bull headed" Trump supporters of ATS.
edit on 17-4-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Oh, I don't know. When all the kids on the playground choose a side and decide to play some game against each other, say baseball, it's all good. Then little Billy shoots off his mouth and bites off a little more than he can chew. And, little Mikey gives him a well deserved ass thumpin', then an interesting thing happens.

All of a sudden little Billy doesn't want to play baseball anymore with the rest of the kids, because baseball is now suddenly "a stupid game". Truth is, little Billy is mortified he got the snot kicked out of him by Mikey in front of all the other kids. So what does little Billy do? He goes off to a different part of the playground and forms a club with some other kids who don't want to play baseball either, and they all sit around and snicker about what a "stupid" game baseball is to feel good about themselves. They empower themselves, and they are the ones who create the 'echo chamber', not the rest of the kids.

The rest of the kids, the ones still playing baseball, all know that one team will win, and another will lose, but the game is still fun. The other group of kids move further and further away (socially) with their 'baseball is stupid' mantra. But secretly they want to play baseball too.

Baseball (the game) = ATS
Baseball teams = The right and the left
Little Billy's club = Those who claim ATS is an echo chamber (because the team they secretly covet didn't win).

ETA - And the team little Billy's club secretly wants to win doesn't have anything to do with Billy's club liking them the most. No, it has everything to do with little Billy's club hating the other team more and wanting them to lose...just because. And every time that team wins they cry "foul" and claim that's why they don't play baseball anymore (i.e. allegedly why so "many" now no longer post on ATS, and how ATS is the very thing they have become in their club...an "echo chamber").
edit on 4/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Funny cause you and a few of tge other mods are some of the worst ones too.

Kind of sucks.

There is a bias with many of you that you will never admit to but its there.

100%

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You must have missed this part...

Baseball teams = The right and the left

and this part...

The rest of the kids, the ones still playing baseball, all know that one team will win, and another will lose, but the game is still fun.

edit on 4/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just like I probably won't bother replying to any of the replies that I know this post will generate because I know how triggered some of you seem to get ...

I just love this debate strategy!

Just come out and say it...you're going to take your ball and go home, right?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I misses nothing and my opinion stands.

You and a few other mods are some of the worst offenders with this tit for tat bs.

People post blatant fake stories and clips just to get people riled up and few of you participate or at the least allow it to continue.

Takes about .5 seconds to realize its bs to push an agenda and you allow it.

Its been pretty steady getting worse over the last 2 years.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I saw your posts along this theme yesterday, and I actually agreed with it.

I can only speak for myself when I say I try not to participate in something which is obviously fraudulent to push an agenda. To this end, I guess I'd have to ask you to cite somewhere where I've done this.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Youre doi g it to a degree in this thread.

You talk down to certain people.
You do it.
2 other mods do it for sure.

The tone of your posts to people that are not on your 'side' is different than the people you jive with.

Very apparent.

You try not to participate by you certainly dont reply by talking sown to them or calling them triggered as a reason they are posting their blatant fake crap.

Let someone like me or the coin post something negative about trump for example and youre on it.
Basically clowning us or our post.

Let someone like the jesuit spam the boards with 5 threads in as many forums in 1 day with blatant fake crap pushing his anti muslim agenda and you are all of a sudden absent.

I am not the only one who sees it.

While you may not approve or condone you certainly dont stop it.

I say simeone is acting like a vagina and it gets deleted and i get slapped around via pm.
Not by you

But someone posts blatant fake stuff propagating hate and fear with lies of thread titles and sensationalized titles and it remains to garner stars and the circle jerk happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Interestingly, the thread I posted a couple months ago arguing that the site is an alt-right echo chamber got shut down....for no apparent reason.

And here’s this. Curious to see how it goes.

ETA: my argument is in regards to the user generated content. Not the mods or the site itself.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

(post by SeenItBelieveIt removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Good grief! Now I'm supposed to stop BS on ATS??? Jeezus, I could spend an eternity doing that!! I don't have the power to stop anything anyway (i.e. I am not a moderator). You didn't see me starring or flagging any of those threads (well, I guess you wouldn't see it anyway, but I didn't).

You might not see it, but there are a few who are theoretically on my side of the political fence whom I take great exception to with their posts and rarely participate in their threads.

Anyway, you're on a roll today. What's up?

As for you, I generally look at much of what you post, which says something. There's a whole lot of folks I totally do not do this with. I would say, for the most part, you're pretty objective (which I try to be as well, though you may not think so). I don't always agree with you, but that goes for about anyone, and I'm sure the same can be said about me. And, I would hope I have amply demonstrated I never hold a grudge.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Is there an Echo..echo..echo..o..o in here??

LOL!!

Pot..meet, Kettle.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Then let me apologize in the open for being totally stupid.
I am sitting here thinking you are a mod so again apologies.

I usually go by avatars and i am on my phone and i cant see them so i totally #ed up by misrepresenting you.

Point stands about the mods.

2 for sure

I dont holdca grudge either.

You and i will always talk about food.

While i messed up misrepresenting you the modscare supposed to be impartial and stop these things and they dont.

A couple of the more active ones participate or at least become absent

I had you confused with a specific mod.

I am sorry for that

I am stupid

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join