It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No worries, man!

You're not stupid at all. I did the same thing once thinking someone was someone else on my phone.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Me bei g on a roll is twofold.

I am in an extreme amount of pain which is on me.

And it is getting tiring seeing all the blatant hate and fear being spread and gobbled up.

It is weighing on me.

I like to discuss with people who feel differently but it is getting old.

Hard to have a discussion when the propagation is getting more in your face.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TinySickTears

No worries, man!

You're not stupid at all. I did the same thing once thinking someone was someone else on my phone.

Yeah it sucks

I put my foit in my mouth because of it

When im wrong i admit it

I was wrong about you but my point about the few mods stand.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ok so ypur problem is with leaders that are right wing.

Fair enough, though I disagree.

That doesnt mean that nationalism, or the idea of a leader looking out for their own people first is a bad thing.

As for your insults to the US, sure it has problems, but I feel its the greatest country on earth. Thats a topic for a whole different thread though I guess

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
I mean... this thread turned into a right wing echo chamber.

And this is what I am talking about.

At least a third of the people on this thread are complaining that this site is a right wing echo chamber or something similar, thius showing there are many posters on this thread that are not part of that.

And yet to you even this thread is a right wing echo chamber.

Proving again the absurdity of the claim.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Unreal.

Its almost like you forget your post history.

You lament Trump supporters saying mean things, yet shall we look at some of your fine threads?

Here is a thread you have calling for the stop of labeling people bad things (ironic you now say the site is overrun with alt right people)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here you are labeling trump supporters

Some more great threads by you attacking trump supporters

I could go on.

You insult trump supporters, make petty threads about how dumb or racist they are, then turn around on the next thread and play the victim, saying you are upset about mean trump supporters and what ATS is becoming.

Notice how most of these threads you have attacking trump supporters have 30 to 100 flags. Boy this must really be a right wing echo chamber, huh?

Now to your point, yes there are threads made by trump supporters (and by trump dislikers and many other people) that I find ridiculous

So I ignore them or call them out.

My argument in this thread is that the decline in "left wing" or anti trump posters isnt because the mud pit or there are too many trump supporters. Its because people like you brazenly claimed things like trump was a russia agent, his supporters are dumb or racist or something.

And it turns out posters like this were actually the dupes believing the msm and establishment lies. And so now those people dont want to post as much because they dont want to be called out.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Are they? A third? Did you just pluck that number out of thin air?

I mean its "proof" of the absurdity so i'm sure you actually did the math before spouting it.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Are they? A third? Did you just pluck that number out of thin air?

I mean its "proof" of the absurdity so i'm sure you actually did the math before spouting it.

Yeah I did pluck the number out of air.

Maybe its a fifth, a sixth?

Still shows this thread is not a right wing echo chamber.

I mean, if you are sure this is an echo chamber, I am sure you did the math before you made that claim.

Echo chamber would mean only right wing voices are on this thread.

Oh wait there is you, and several other posters who arent right wing!

So maybe you should check your math before criticizing others.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hence the debate strategy of just throwing some crap out there and 'threatening' not to respond!!

LOL!!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Haha nice fold. So your now suggesting that ATS cannot be an echo chamber because its not 100% right wing nuts posting.
As long as theres one or two out of the 1000 then it must be a completely level playing field.

So your arguing I didn't do the maths with semantics, compared to you who stated "third" as if it was fact.

Don't be ashamed someone actually called you out on your BS, i'm sure the echo's will be along shortly to support you.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Haha nice fold. So your now suggesting that ATS cannot be an echo chamber because its not 100% right wing nuts posting.
As long as theres one or two out of the 1000 then it must be a completely level playing field.

So your arguing I didn't do the maths with semantics, compared to you who stated "third" as if it was fact.

Don't be ashamed someone actually called you out on your BS, i'm sure the echo's will be along shortly to support you.

I am implying for it to be an echo chamber that there needs to be almost no non right wing voices,.

This thread has many posts from non right wing voices, and yet you specifically said this thread is a right wing echo chamber.

How many non right wing voices need to be on this thread before you dont consider it an echo chamber?

I am not ashamed you said its not quite one third; I readily admitted that i pulled the number out of the air. It was to illustrate the point there is a substantial number of people on this thread that are not right wing, tuis this thread is not a right wing echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Oh and for the record.

Just for you I counted the posters.

Around 23 to 24 that are basically defending the OP idea.

Around ten posters disgareeing, that are definitely not right wing or are calling ats a right wing echo chamber or something like it.

So yeah, over one third.

Yet to you, this thread is still a right wing echo chamber.

But thank you for illustraing some people will ignore reality to play a victim.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Pssssst...it's little Billy's club.

Can't ya see????

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What do you call a thread of right wingers telling each other that the thread isn't a right wing echo chamber.

Thanks for the playing this game.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

What do you call a thread of right wingers telling each other that the thread isn't a right wing echo chamber.

Thanks for the playing this game.

Well maybe the thread would be an echo chamber if there were no left6 wingers.

But hey I can play that game too.

"This thread is just a biunch of left wingers telling themselves its a right wing echo chamber, therefore its a left wing echo chamber!"

Or for those of us in reality, we can see this thread has many diverse opinions from people all over the political spectrum.

You ignore reality because you need to play the victim of the big bad right wingers.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Pssssst...it's little Billy's club.

Can't ya see????

The willingness to ignore reality is amazing.

Until every thread is a majority of people bashing the right, some will say its a right wing echo chamber.

The very people on the left that attack trump supporters will claim their feelings are hurt and they are leaving when trump supporters attack them.

Its astonishing to watch.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hey, I didn't mean to upset you, just pointing out your misleading comments and embellishment.
I mean, you've already assumed that I'm a "left winger" but hey, lets not split hairs.

Your OP is flawed, you've taken a statement you've apparently seen spread across ATS "echo chamber" and decided its false by applying it literally.

You've created your own straw man argument to debunk. Its a waste of an OP. You've already moved from "none" to "almost non".

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You forgot the part where someday the field where Little Billy's team plays gets all torn up and then those who hate baseball come back to gloat about it.

Or in other words, someday the left will be back in power in spades and all those people who left will come back and suddenly they'll figure out how to play baseball again. And we'll get to see the character of Little Billy's team because a few of them will do exactly what the kids who now hate baseball are doing now.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

MY op is not flawed.

You yourself proved it to be true, by coming into a thread where about 10 of the about 26 posters are arguing against the thesis of the OP, and yet you call it an echo chamber.

So what percentage of posters need to be critical of the OP n this thread before its not considered an echo chamber?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Have you forgotten what your OP was?

First off, your numbers are made up. You already admitted that and backtracked.
Secondly, does saying something isn't an echo chamber make it not an echo chamber... no.

Did you claim THIS thread wasn't an echo chamber? Or did you claim ATS is not a "right wing" echo chamber?

Make up your mind. Straw man. Trash OP to get stars.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join