It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the idea of ATS being a right wing echo chamber

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
(post by SeenItBelieveIt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I mean if the response to me suggesting this IS a right wing echo chamber is having three members frantically reply to me and back pat each other isn't proof in itself then I don't know what is.

Thanks for the entertainment, i'll leave you to your echos.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeenItBelieveIt
a reply to: Grambler

Are you slow or just deliberately lieing? I called this a right wing echo chamber, not an echo chamber. YOU clearly don't know the difference which further proves your OP to be trash.

Yes i get you called it a right wing echo chamber.

Its not.

Its not an echo chamber of any kind, let alone a right wing echo chamber.

The semantic games you try to play are ridiculous, but at least be correct if your are trying to play them.

If you called this a right wing echo chamber, did you call it an echo chamber? Yes, just a specific type, right wing.

It is neither an echo chamber or a right wng echo chamber, as the litany of posters disagreeing with the OP prove.

Or are you asserting that every poster on this thread, even those disagreeing with the OP, are right wing?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I mean if the response to me suggesting this IS a right wing echo chamber is having three members frantically reply to me and back pat each other isn't proof in itself then I don't know what is.

It looks like you can no longer support your argument and are running away. Not a good look, despite your attempt to disguise it.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I mean if the ten or so posters disagreeing with me isnt enough to prove this thread isnt a right wing echo chamber, then sadly you are so far out of reality that logic no longer has an effect on you.

People agreeing that you are wrong doesnt mean its an echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

But people disagreeing that you a right somehow means its not.

LOL you couldn't make this up.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

But people disagreeing that you a right somehow means its not.

LOL you couldn't make this up.

I dont think you understand the definition of an echo chamber.

echo chamber noun [ C ] (SITUATION)

a situation in which people only hear opinions of one type, or opinions that are similar to their own:

dictionary.cambridge.org...

Let me break it down for you.

Several people on a thread agreeing with me does not prove its an echo chamber. it could be evidence that it was, if ONLY those opinions were being shared.

By definition, a group of people disagreeing with me, ie having opinions of a different type, DOES prove its not an echo chamber.

Do you really not understand this?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Swoosh goes the point over your head.

Saying something is a "right wing echo chamber" *does not equal* "echo chamber". I can't make that clearer for you.

So having people express different opinions on a generic subject does not have any bearing on your OP.

LOL!

You may as well have made a thread saying ATS is not an echo chamber because some people believe in Aliens and some don't. But you didn't you said "right wing" and then proceeded to use the same argument about how it cant be a right wing echo chamber because people are disagreeing about the semantics of the phrase "echo chamber".

Honestly your out of your depths here OP, you tried to create a straw man thread because you were triggered by some left tactics of the past, you then changed your argument at will to try and prove a point. You made up figures to try and back your claim even though those figures have no bearing on your original claim as you've dropped the "right wing" all of a sudden.

What a disaster thread. Send this to LOL.
edit on 17-4-2019 by SeenItBelieveIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Right Wing Echo Chamber? Here let me fix that for you by posting something Liberal minded.

1. If the going tax rate for anyone earning over 78 cents a year was 112%, the National Debt could be paid off in 12,968 months if the Fed would agree to suspend interest during that timeframe. But let’s instead use that windfall to buy salt to make more salt marshes in the San Francisco area to protect the salt marsh harvest mouse, because we need more rodents running wild.

2. If half the country could kindly get out of Hillary’s Basket of Deplorables, then the world would be at peace and we would all benefit from the efficiency of single mindedness with the distractions of considering difference of opinion.

3. Green Renewable Energy is the key to ending abject poverty. The cost saving of renewable production will more than make up for distribution costs, so energy will be free for all. But not in my backyard please as I enjoy looking at nature.

4. Since we fail at banning guns due to some convoluted archaic sentence some people wrote some time, all personal owned vehicles will be banned and everyone can use public transportation because it is really only good in the three cities that matter anyway and therefore must be adequate for everywhere else. Because clear air is almost as important as not being caught in traffic jams during rush hour. Never mind that taxis will be that primary mode of public transportation in the country because yellow taxis are monotonous and helps stamp out individuality.

5. Individuality will be encouraged by sponsoring art but only if it conforms to mocking religion, binary ideals of the cisgendered instead of the 80+ identified genders and any other traditional things we don’t like.

6. I’ll make up more # as it comes to mind. And you will have to accept it because I said so. Because that is equality.

edit on 17-4-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

Your laughably still trying to defend the point this thread is a right wing echo chamber.

It is not.

Prove all of the posters on here, even the ones disagreeing with me, are right wing.

we have several saying they are not right wing, yet apparently you think they are lying and they really are.

You are claiming this thread is an echo chamber. The type of echo chamber is "right wing" I have not dropped the right wing part. If ATS is not an echo chamber, then by definition it cant be a right wing echo chamber. Are you really not getting this?

Me showing that many people disagree with the OP and would not consider themselves part of a the right wing proves this thread is not a "rightwing echo chamber"

Your nonsense about this being a strawman shows that like the phrase echo chamber, this is another phrase you dont understand the meaning of.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Right Wing Echo Chamber? Here let me fix that for you by posting something Liberal minded.

1. If the going tax rate for anyone earning over 78 cents a year was 112%, the National Debt could be paid off in 12,968 months if the Fed would agree to suspend interest during that timeframe. But let’s instead use that windfall to buy salt to make more salt marshes in the San Francisco area to protect the salt marsh harvest mouse, because we need more rodents running wild.

2. If half the country could kindly get out of Hillary’s Basket of Deplorables, then the world would be at peace and we would all benefit from the efficiency of single mindedness with the distractions of considering difference of opinion.

3. Green Renewable Energy is the key to ending abject poverty. The cost saving of renewable production will more than make up for distribution costs, so energy will be free for all. But not in my backyard please as I enjoy looking at nature.

4. Since we fail at banning guns due to some convoluted archaic sentence some people wrote some time, all personal owned vehicles will be banned and everyone can use public transportation because it is really only good in the three cities that matter anyway and therefore must be adequate for everywhere else. Because clear air is almost as important as not being caught in traffic jams during rush hour. Never mind that taxis will be that primary mode of public transportation in the country because yellow taxis are monotonous and helps stamp out individuality.

5. Individuality will be encouraged by sponsoring art but only if it conforms to mocking religion, binary ideals of the cisgendered instead of the 80+ identified genders and any other traditional things we don’t like.

6. I’ll make up more # as it comes to mind. And you will have to accept it because I said so. Because that is equality.

This is easily one of the worst comments I have ever seen uttered by a mod on this site.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just a problem with semantics. Shall we just call it a rightwing circle jerk and get it over with?

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SeenItBelieveIt

And we have a winner!

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Its also probably good to mention that agreeing or disagreeing with the OP doesn't determine whether one is a righty or lefty. Nor is agreeing necessarily indicative of an echo chamber.

But to this new social group, none of that is how it works. I think that's really important to understand, actually.

Folks still keep having discourse with this social group as if they interact with and perceive the world in a way that we recognize. Its exactly the same mistake they keep making!

When this social group sees agreement on a given subject, they assume that every single one of those in agreement are also in agreement about everything regarding that subject and life in general.

Because that's true for their social group. I see plenty point out this type of projection, but very few actually act as if its true.

Modern communication technology has completely borked our sense of scale. And, this has been leveraged to increase political brand loyalty to such an extreme degree that it birthed an entirely new social group. One that operates almost exclusively as an echo chamber (lots of interesting studies out there...). So, when members of this social group observe similar behavior in other groups, its labelled according to their own experience.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Sometimes you laugh to keep from crying. Sarcasm is a powerful tool for pointing out the silliness of being too serious about things. To right wing, left wing talking points is that sarcasm.

Could have just as easily said that this years GOP strategy session will be held at Bill Bob’s Barbecue and Klan Rally Emporium, Bill Bob’s for all your sauce and white linen needs. Or that by reducing all welfare benefits and income taxes and doing a flat sales tax of 27% we would have more money for military spending while reducing the deficit but growing the National Debt.

Ideologies may have a similar pronunciation to idiot than ideal for a reason. And maybe that is the root reason for the divide. Well aside from the thought that your sides thoughts must be the correct thoughts because you support them.

Hillary described it all as vast right wing conspiracies. And in her mind she was correct despite everyone scratching their heads because all of MSM at that time was left leaning except for Rush Limbaugh that pioneered syndicated conservative talk radio. Fox News wasn’t even a glimmer of an idea at the time. And even Rush was uncertain to his future will Bill as the President. Conservative Talk Radio was easy with Daddy Bush following eight years of Reagan. It was just report the actual news with little to no spin that Ted Koppel wouldn’t do.

As for ATS as an echo chamber of any sort, laughable at best. The ones that feel that way do not visit actual political discussion forums that are indeed only one of two flavors. ATS does have less “Woo Factor” threads than in the past because...people are not writing them. Political Shock threads get the replies. And for authors, you go with what sells or you quit writing altogether.

But ATS has always had a larger venue than just Woo Factor. And it has always had Politics. Many of the supposed MIA members have spent more time in Off Topic threads.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I see what you are saying however, ATS does feel more like a right wing echo chamber at present. It feels to me like a cycle that this site is experiencing. Eventually, things will go back to left, then back to right, and so on.

I don't post much on ATS these days because I Almost feel drowned out by some angry voices here that support Trump. If I mention his name then someone gets offended and labels me the Antichrist for not blindly following him. I don't hate Trump but I do hate his views on protecting the environment. He doesn't seem to care about the health of the planet and is willing to kick nature to the curb in his efforts to boost the economy. This approach is great in the short term but bad for the long term. Some only see the boost in their wallets and go ra-ra for Trump. Sorry to get off topic, Grambler. I do respect your posts and I feel you bring a good perspective to Ats.

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

yes there are lefties on here too but it is definitely turning into a right wing circle jerk for sure.

a lot of the left leaning members are gone

the more left leaning mods seem to be absent

while there are members of the left on here they tend to get browbeaten every time they post something negative about trump.
talked down too. dismissed.

the mods that hang around are in on it too. couple of the worst ones in fact.

when right leaning members post blatant lies and sensational thread titles and such and the stars start flowing. its a page of comments of right leaning members agreeing with it and when someone from the left comes in to say their piece they are dismissed as triggered or whatabout or TDS.

you see this.

i know that you see this.

post your webster definitions all you want.

i know you see it.

lots of right wing propaganda and hate and it is allowed and participated in by the people that are supposed to moderate this site.

that says enough right there.

top threads

Ted Lieu: Probably THE BIGGEST LIAR in History!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

first comment with tons of stars

Just another democrat who hates America and the Constitution.

Prediction: Leftists won't accept the Mueller report and here's why

first comment

I'd like to know where these same Democrats were when Eric Holder refused to release subpoenaed documents to Congress that related to the gun running scandal - 'Fast and Furious'.

The Hypocritical Left

Hidden statistics of child abuse (physical & sexual) in the LGBT community

Notre Dame Cathedral to be REBUILT as Multi Cultural Center Christian Faith being disassembled

muslims did it muslims did it
fake pics
fake sound
lies

you got to recent threads and these are at the top

so yeah

its the chamber

if you dont see this you are not looking

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I exlained where all of the left leaning people went to.

they were posting threads about trump being a russian, don jr going to be arrested, trump supporters are stupid or racist, mueller report will prove dossier true, etc.

As this became obvious it was wrong, less people have been posting.

The next time a left leaning person gets a win (in an election, news that hurts trump comes out, etc.) they will flourish back.

As far as the threads you posted.

Liue is a lair who smeared candace owens as a nazi.

The quote posted about eric holder is accurate.

I had a poster mention if people are mqad at Omar, why not trump for supporting the yemen war. that was a fair point as is the one about holder.

Abuse in the lgbt community. I support lgbt in most instances, should this thread not be allowed? If its inaccurate, then by all means prove it so in the thread.

The notre dame threads (and Omar threads) many trump supporters mysel included spoke up as not agreeing with the OP. meanwhile I can find anti christian posts on those threads, no big deal at all.

Things ebb and flow.

The anti trump people bought onto many mainstream lies, and now they are not as vocal. theyll be back, and many trump supporting trolls will fade away in due time.

Meanwhile, many serious posters of all different ideologies continue to post, showing this is not a right wing echo chamber

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ok man

whatever you say

clearly your mind is already made up

oh you said where the lefties went and why so it must be so

it is not just about if the thing about holder is true or that you personally support lgbt

the point is the threads and pages of posts are dominated by the right these days

you say it is cause they said things that turned out to not be true so they made themselves scarce.

well i say it is because the left leaning members here get dismissed, browbeaten and talked down to by the many more right leaning members including the few mods that seem to be active.

how do you not see that

someone posts some stupid thread about trump and ice cream or some damn thing and it is TDS and orange man bad and triggered for pages.

the next say someone makes a post about AOC putting furniture together and those same people are circle jerking each other and dogging her out fr pages and pages.

i know you see this. so why can't you admit it is happening.

you dont see the spamming of the boards pushing this muslim did it crap in regards to the fire?

you dont see the post after post about this FBI hunt for that lady really being a leftist democratic false flag to grab guns?

come on man

lies about what omar said about the fire
leftists wont accept the report
omar on a hajib protestor
how muslim men beat their wives..... defend it
democrats hypocracy on immigration.... your thread
pelosi
fire was set on purpose. captured live. the muslims did it... lies.. blatant lies

if you dont see it it is because you dont want to

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
lies about what omar said about the fire

Wait a minute, the vast majority of posts in that thread said they saw no issue with Omar's tweet. Did you conveniently forget that because it failed to scratch your itching biases?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join