It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish President Erdogan airs mosque shooting video at rallies, threatens New Zealand, Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh bugger...and I go to Turkey in June
I'm hoping the Turkish people are not of the same mindset as Recep Herewegoagain
Fed up with having to cancel holidays due to terrorism missed out on Morocco and Egypt .....is nowhere safe other than Grimsby?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

"The right; but Muslims kill Christians!!

The left; any debate around immigration causes massacres!!

The rest of us; what a tragedy.... "

And then the very very outnumbered few other of us : "But it was a false flag!"

I smell a rat.

Erdogan is either using this because he is just an opportunist, or he is part of the same 'team' that orchestrated, and also benefits from this event.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Ottman empire FELL.

Careful what you wish for Erodgan.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wasn't it a 'Turk' in the Denmark shooting? Jus sayin...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
oh joy, more innocent people to be maimed or killed in the name of religion, if anyone doubts this type of propaganda will have little influence on the next attack you are sadly mistaken.

I can fully understand the hurt and pain in muslim nations from this atrocity my own city has suffered an attack which 23 innocent people died and 139 were injured, we chose unity over division, at no point did the mayor of Manchester come out and show footage and subtly hint and revenge attacks.

Stay safe to all, love your family more each day, turbulent times on the horizon.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

"The right; but Muslims kill Christians!!

The left; any debate around immigration causes massacres!!

The rest of us; what a tragedy.... "

And then the very very outnumbered few other of us : "But it was a false flag!"

I smell a rat.

Erdogan is either using this because he is just an opportunist, or he is part of the same 'team' that orchestrated, and also benefits from this event.

I do too to be honest, though I have allowed a few days to absorb the gravity of the situation and think of the victims.

False flag came to mind when I first heard of it though I chastised myself for that being one of my first thoughts in a tragedy...guess we are used to it now sadly.

The scariest part to me is that mainstream Australian media and political (I'm sure along with many other Western nations) commentary is now utilising this tragedy to try and negate ANY discussion around immigration.

What I'm hearing is, we can not discuss immigration/assimilation anymore as it will lead to another massacre.

Doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Not a bad prediction for someone who wrote it over 460 years ago considering the crisis we face today.

We'll see if he's right, although those animals are and have been symbolic of a lot of different nations over the years, so if he's right, I say we only give him partial credit.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Yes hes right War it is.
HE is responsible for the ISIS terrorist by His logic.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The Ottman empire FELL.

Careful what you wish for Erodgan.

Was just going to say - hey, Erdy, how’s the Ottoman Empire looking these days?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Erdogan is a weak fool spouting off at the mouth.

He will sit down and shut up like the good vassal/mouthpiece he is. His job is to host a US air base, nothing more nothing less. His opinions aren't needed. The big boys (USA) are in town, why is he speaking when not spoken to?

Maybe he can go cozy up to Russia or China some more, as he has threatened to do several times in the past? Who cares, regardless... Incirlik (spelling) is not going anywhere. He'd find out the hard way if he ever attempted to do more than shoot off his oversized mouth.

Enjoy your "regional power" status, Erdogan

Between you and I, ATS, I would love nothing more than to see him try to force our Air base out. The terms "unparalleled resolve" and "total, unmatched, unfathomable destruction" would have new meaning for him. We'd clear the skies over Turkey in a matter of hours, and have troops planting our flag in his front lawn within a few days.
edit on 3/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Turkey is and always will be ran by evil people who are just turned on by massacres... THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE IS ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE OF THE HORROR TURKEY BRINGS TO THE WORLD. a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

It will be the World's shortest war. Almost as bad as when Israel kicked the rear-ends of 3 aggressors back in the 60's

Ended in less than a week, from what I recall

I suspect we'd surgically shut down their air defenses (either NSA-style or using good old fashioned missiles), clear the Turkish air force from the skies and have US troops occupying their capital city in a day or two. Best part is, we could launch strikes from within the country itself thanks to our permanent non-negotiable air base there.

Erdogan significantly overestimates his strength and underestimates the US appetite to not only take on such challenges, but to act in a such a way that makes the challenger personally regret ever opening their mouth in the first place. Just ask Saddam how well it worked for him

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamphead444
Turkey is and always will be ran by evil people who are just turned on by massacres... THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE IS ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE OF THE HORROR TURKEY BRINGS TO THE WORLD. a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Oppression of the Kurds comes to mind as well.

Terrible regime.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It's ignorant rhetoric to pump up the far-Islamic part of his base for lack of a better term. He capitalizes on them to keep the country safe from Sunni terrorists or other Sunni elements like ISIS, Al-Qaeda style groups. He's a friend of the extremists to his capacity basically, and it's how he wins elections.

It'd be like if 50 Americans or mixed nationality Christians were gunned down by a Muslim extremist during an election cycle while a GOP candidate or several were in the field. Of course it'd be capitalized on, dumbed down and spun into a perfect propaganda ball. It doesn't have to be truthful or exactly right, it can be exaggerated, overblown, and enemies can be lumped into it that weren't responsible for it, if it's popular to the crowds. I say GOP but even some Democrat politicians would also cite it during a campaign if it happened during it.

The guy who committed the attack in New Zealand helped Erdogan and probably several politicians and leaders like him in multiple Islamic countries.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Oppression of the Kurds comes to mind as well.

Terrible regime.

The Turks aren't going to let the Kurds rise to anymore power than they already have, especially within the borders of Turkey. Sure, include them as a political party, give them hundreds of miles of free land being used by Turks to live and Turkish business, commerce, industry because it's their ancestral land, they deserve it. Neverrrrr going to happen.

The Kurdish militants hate them and rightfully so, they do terror attacks in the name of Kurdish freedom but they're still attacks, it's still war, whether their cause is technically right or not. Who says if it's right? The eye of the beholder. No one works that way. It took until the 1960's with a bloody civil rights movement where several black people died to get equal rights as U.S. citizens, then another 60 years to get to todays America and there's still problems. How do you think it would've worked if black people had organized into large guerrilla terror armies fighting for their freedom by gunning and bombing whites, even if they were all hard targets like military and police?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This also happened shortly after Erdogan's saber rattling

At least three people have died and five — including three with severe injuries — were hurt after a shooter opened fire, Utrecht police confirmed.
Police identified the victims as a 19-year-old woman and two men, ages 28 and 49.
The gunman fled the area after the attack, and police are investigating whether the suspect had accomplices, said Dutch police spokesperson Joost Lanshage, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Utrecht police said they are investigating the shooting as a possible terrorist attack. Officials in the Netherlands raised the threat level in Utrecht to its highest classification on Monday for the first time ever in the wake of the shooting, according to the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Police arrested the chief suspect in the attack about eight hours after the shooting. Police identified the individual as Gökman Tanis, who is a 37-year-old Turkish-born man.

www.vox.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Owe # this might be interesting. Hersay says they are now disarmed?

By there own government!

3rd...

Lol.. cant make this stuff up...right?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
This also happened shortly after Erdogan's saber rattling

At least three people have died and five — including three with severe injuries — were hurt after a shooter opened fire, Utrecht police confirmed.
Police identified the victims as a 19-year-old woman and two men, ages 28 and 49.
The gunman fled the area after the attack, and police are investigating whether the suspect had accomplices, said Dutch police spokesperson Joost Lanshage, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Utrecht police said they are investigating the shooting as a possible terrorist attack. Officials in the Netherlands raised the threat level in Utrecht to its highest classification on Monday for the first time ever in the wake of the shooting, according to the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Police arrested the chief suspect in the attack about eight hours after the shooting. Police identified the individual as Gökman Tanis, who is a 37-year-old Turkish-born man.

www.vox.com...

I believe this was prior though I do fear similar atatcks are on the horizon.

And you are quite correct, the Kurds have a just cause that is not helped by committing terrorist attacks within Turkey.

Also, why is the Christchurch incident not being labelled what it appears to be; Christian Terrorism?

From the information I have come across, the ideology behind this lunatics actions seems to be extremist Christianity and in particular stemming from the crusades, hence why he visited many locations of Islam vs Christianity battles.

edit on 1932019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Holy Mother Of God!

Is this... is it a hoax...?

I can't believe he said that!

This is crazy.

Is he a lunatic? Who is pulling his strings? Who does that??

Imagine Trump doing the exact same thing but with Christians. Threaten the entire nation where Christians were slaughtered.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

That's really ignorant of you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join