It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish President Erdogan airs mosque shooting video at rallies, threatens New Zealand, Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"You heinously killed 50 of our siblings. You will pay for this," Mr Erdogan told an election rally of thousands in northern Turkey. "If New Zealand doesn't make you, we know how to make you pay one way or another." Making reference to Turkey's defeat over Australian and New Zealand troops in Gallipoli, the Turkish president threatened that anyone who came to Turkey with anti-Muslim sentiments would be sent back in coffins.

But it doesn’t stop there...

'Your grandparents … returned in caskets' On Monday, Mr Erdogan spoke at a rally on the Gallipoli peninsular where Ottoman soldiers defeated British-led forces including Australian and New Zealand troops trying to seize the peninsula, a gateway to Istanbul. He spoke of the mosque attacks in New Zealand as part of a wider attack on Turkey and evidence of a global anti-Muslim sentiment.

Organised by who!?

"They are testing us from 16,500 kilometres away, from New Zealand, with the messages they are giving from there," he said. "This isn't an individual act, this is organised." Mr Erdogan criticised New Zealand and Australia for sending troops to Turkey in the World War I Gallipoli campaign, claiming their motive was anti-Islam-oriented. "Your grandparents came here … and they returned in caskets," he said. "Have no doubt we will send you back like your grandfathers."

Erdogan is one of the most despicable and divisive leaders of the modern era, whilst many Muslims have shown the utmost grace and even gone so far as praying for and forgiving the gunman here is Erdogan taunting Australians and Kiwi’s (people from NZ) regarding their dead ancestors.

Regardless of whether I agree with his opinion on the WW1 invasion of Turkey this is just not on and will only serve to further divide us all.

I wonder if Erdogan and his ilk would appreciate taunts about his dead ancestors? Like when the Turks tried to invade Malta to spread Islam and my Maltese ancestors repelled outnumbered 4:1 and used their heads as cannon balls?

The fact that people on all parts of the political spectrum are politicising this event is a disgrace though sadly, not unexpected:

The right; but Muslims kill Christians!!

The left; any debate around immigration causes massacres!!

The rest of us; what a tragedy....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, war is messy.

Really messy when one side doesn't know it's fighting a war.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Of all the nations of the world I would have thought would start WW4 (with WW3 being the Cold War), I would have never guessed Australia and Turkey.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
We can't stop loose cannons from causing these types of events. There are many ways to make bombs, ingredients to make bombs are readily available around the world, instructions can be found on the internet, people can even make gunpowder.

Identifying these loose cannons before they go off is what should be done, sometimes they just need to get put away for a little while and get their brains straightened out. Other times they need to be locked up indefinitely.

Sounds like Erdogan may also be one of the loose cannons that needs to be locked up.
edit on 19-3-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wonder when we'll finally have the discussion we've been needing to have for years now:

When do we kick Turkey out of NATO?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I wonder when we'll finally have the discussion we've been needing to have for years now:

When do we kick Turkey out of NATO?

When it won’t be twisted in to a direct attack on Islam.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That guy is a loony and is not helping the situation at all.
I used to love Turkey and went every other year but while he is there not giving my holiday bucks to him.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

S&F👍
Sources?

I got ya covered

www.abc.net.au...

time.com...

www.stuff.co.nz... tical-rallies

www.independent.co.uk... tml
The Independent keeps coming up 404... it's there somewhere

Get "Him" out of NATO

edit on 19-3-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

as an Arab Muslim I would like to tell him to STFU

its not the time to escalate things up, on the contrary, it is the time and opportunity to straiten things up

this mad dog needs to realise that being moderate is the right way to start

nothing of this barking will do anything good, and hes one of those biggest barkers in the ME

I say calm down bulldog and watch your mouth and steps

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MyToxicTash

I stopped buying and using Turkish firearms. Which hurts because they make fantastic guns.

Won't do business with anyone who imports or sells Turkish Guns. Which limits me, but I hope people start to catch on.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

S&F👍
Sources?

I got ya covered

www.abc.net.au...

time.com...

Get "Him" out of NATO

Oops, posted off mobile and forgot about it- thanks!

This was from ABC News

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

its not the time to escalate things up, on the contrary, it is the time and opportunity to straiten things up

nothing of this barking will do anything good, and hes one of those biggest barkers in the ME

So as a Muslim you want to appear as a moderate in the beginning? Gotcha..

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hmm, well with the ANZAC day memorial visit coming up very soon at Gallipoli. I wonder if there may be some changes. Considering this attitude from the Turkish president. The bulk of visitors are Aussies and Kiwis including VIPs paying respect to both sides.

bally
edit on 19-3-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

You know he meant the right way to start mending the bridge, you wanted to read something else.

Don’t attack my brother with insinuations.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: Bigburgh

S&F👍
Sources?

I got ya covered

www.abc.net.au...

time.com...

Get "Him" out of NATO

Oops, posted off mobile and forgot about it- thanks!

This was from ABC News

No problem, those posted the paragraphs from somewhere. So simple search it came right up

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Of all the nations of the world I would have thought would start WW4 (with WW3 being the Cold War), I would have never guessed Australia and Turkey.

According to Nostradamus, the next and final WW installment will be muslims against the Eagle and the Bear (Middle East vs USA and Russia) and after the muslims have been defeated, a new golden age of peace will come about for the next 400 years, give or take a couple of decades. Not a bad prediction for someone who wrote it over 460 years ago considering the crisis we face today.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

wth are you talking about

I'm a true Muslim and have lots of Christian friends here in my country and one of them is an American business partner

what are you on about?
edit on 19 3 2019 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Eruptagain should really consider his incitement position since turkey is part of NATO. It would be wise I think to consider his words, reflecting back on 1400 years of Muslim terrorism, wars and over 600 million dead. The squeaky wheel sometimes gets a MOAB suppository lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this response from Erdogan....the man mixes Islamic fundamentalism with Ottoman nationalism and seeks to put Turkey centre stage in World Affairs.

He's not to be trusted and the stance he has taken with New Zealand and Australia is typical.

I doubt he'll engage in nothing more than antagonistic political rhetoric....but if he does I'd expect the UK to support New Zealand and Australia unconditionally.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I think they are far enough a part that we are safe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join