It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Defaming Conservatives - Congressman Devin Nunes Sues Twitter for 250 Million Dollars.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Apparently the "Shadow Ban" was a short lived glitch that prevented some user names from showing up in a search but did not affect the reach of the their post in any way. There was no active ban as described by Nunes and by the president.
www.nytimes.com...

Mr. Nunes repeated the debunked claim that the social network was “shadow banning” Republicans, including him. Shadow banning — the act of a platform allowing someone to post but not allowing others to see the post, effectively making them invisible — became a political catch phrase in July, when a Vice News article used the term to characterize a Twitter bug that was affecting some prominent conservatives. In fact, the bug affected their accounts only briefly by not showing up on the network’s search results when a user searched for their names; the reach of their posts was unaffected. But the assertion was still used by many, including Mr. Trump, as evidence of bias against conservatives.

edit on 3192019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

No they are not. That has been debunked as described above.
No one is being shadow banned. Their names briefly did not show up in a search. None of their posts were "invisible" to anyone and the reach of their posts was never affected in any way.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

YES...This should be done against ALL left-wing mainstream media.

For crying out loud, the owner of CNN was given the "first amendment award", when CNN and it's owner have been trying, sometimes successfully, to silence all opposition and have labeled everyone in the right as "nazis..."

CNN, and every other "left-wing mainstream media" should be sued for trying to silence and demonize the opposition.

CNN Receives ‘First Amendment Award’ After Working to Silence Infowars
edit on 19-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, they do. It's not their call when they want to claim they're not responsible for content on their site. They have to allow all content that doesn't violate their terms of service even if they disagree politically with it. Otherwise they are responsible for the content on their site. There is a ton of CP on their site. Hamas has a twitter account. Terrorists have used twitter to coordinate attacks. Twitter is responsible (fiscally) for that if they're going to curate content.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The complaint is about a conspiracy to defame him. Not because they make fun of him in general. There are way too many liberals on twitter to cover that. lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Dfairlite
I haven't read the whole complaint, but as for the two accounts you've mentioned how is he going after them? Libel? Defamation? He'll need a strong argument...

He'll need a magical argument since the Supreme Court has already ruled that public officials cannot sue for either 'unless the defendant knew that the statement was false or acted in reckless disregard of the statements truth or falsity'.

His case will get tossed like it should. Crybaby bitch needs to grow some thicker skin.

Actually all he probably needs to do is reference the recent Joe Rogan interview with the owner of twitter and one of his lackies ........

Its pretty clear what is going on

That being said, hes filing it as a private citizen , not on behalf of the gov, so he has the right to do that if he wishes.....

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Also worth noting, he's likely doing this because justice thomas complained about a prior ruling that needs to be re-evaluated (NYT v. Sullivan). In NYT v. Sullivan they basically ruled that normal defamation rules don't apply to public figures (you can libel them all you want, with near impunity). How is does that fit with equal protection under the law?

Here's a link for anyone who is interested.

I'm not exactly sure where I stand on this, because I haven't given it much thought, but my initial reaction is to say that everyone should be protected equally from defamation. Public figure or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The complaint is about a conspiracy to defame him. Not because they make fun of him in general. There are way too many liberals on twitter to cover that. lol.

Except he's a government official and the Supreme Court has ruled his ability to sue the public is extremely limited.

So Devy Thin Skin has to suck it up and deal with the memes like the good little sissy pants that he is.

edit on 20-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
That being said, hes filing it as a private citizen , not on behalf of the gov, so he has the right to do that if he wishes.....

He's still an elected official under the auspices of the First Amendment. If he doesn't like what Twitter is doing then he can either stop using it or go meet up with his fellow member of Congress, Ocassio-Cortez, and do the Commie thing and break it up.

Butt hurt marys are butt hurt.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

You might want to read this. And check the date. Looks like we're going to get a re-examination of this blatant unequal protection.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

That's ONE Justices' request. You do know how the Court decides to hear a case or not, right?

And if they do it certainly won't be Devy Tardo's lame attempt.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And if they do it certainly won't be Devy Tardo's lame attempt.

I was going to continue our discussion, but your repeated lame, pathetic and childish references to Mr Nunes just make it clear what a waste of my time that would be.

If you would get out of your mammie's basement once in a while, maybe even - god forbid - get a job - maybe you'd gain a modicum of civility.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I haven't read the whole complaint, but as for the two accounts you've mentioned how is he going after them? Libel? Defamation? He'll need a strong argument...

He'll need a magical argument since the Supreme Court has already ruled that public officials cannot sue for either 'unless the defendant knew that the statement was false or acted in reckless disregard of the statements truth or falsity'.

His case will get tossed like it should. Crybaby bitch needs to grow some thicker skin.

Actually all he probably needs to do is reference the recent Joe Rogan interview with the owner of twitter and one of his lackies ........

Its pretty clear what is going on

Interesting to see many flat out ignore this.
When the legal rep publicly admits what they have been doing, I would wager twitter was waiting for someone to file suit.

From what I read, had they not made their t&c public this would not be an issue.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If you would get out of your mammie's basement once in a while, maybe even - god forbid - get a job - maybe you'd gain a modicum of civility.

ooofff
the south has risen again?

ga vs nj
makes for an interesting day

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Wow, so if Nunes is successful then people like AOC are going to sue ATS into oblivion. I mean, have you seen some of those threads?

In fact just about any public figure will be able to sue any platform into the dust if they allow people to say nasty things about them. Is that what you want?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke
Wow, so if Nunes is successful then people like AOC are going to sue ATS into oblivion. I mean, have you seen some of those threads?

In fact just about any public figure will be able to sue any platform into the dust if they allow people to say nasty things about them. Is that what you want?

does ats not follow its t&c's?
are posts not removed? have people not been banned?
somehow I thought they had?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nice to see you all go full-facist.

Devin Nunes is a special kind of idiot and I suspect he is doing this to curry favor with papa putin.

I don't know what the excuse is for right wingers around here is for demanding free speech be crushed?

It seems there is a chunk of the right wing who doesn't like democracy anymore and/or is titillated by petty dictatorships.

edit on 20-3-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

His "Cow" has more followers than he does. The self-own is complete.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Monday, March 18, 2019

The lawsuits against liberal outlets that go against core USA values, is accelerating. The latest was filed today by Devin Nunes.

California GOP Rep. Devin Nunes filed a major lawsuit seeking $250 million in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages against Twitter and a handful of its users on Monday, accusing the social media site of "shadow-banning conservatives" including himself to influence the 2018 elections, systematically censoring opposing viewpoints and totally "ignoring" lawful complaints of repeated abusive behavior.

In a complaint filed in Virginia state court on Monday, obtained by Fox News, Nunes claimed Twitter wanted to derail his work on the House Intelligence Committee, which he chaired until 2019, as he looked into alleged and apparent surveillance abuses by the government.

Nunes said Twitter was guilty of "knowingly hosting and monetizing content that is clearly abusive, hateful and defamatory – providing both a voice and financial incentive to the defamers – thereby facilitating defamation on its platform."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

If the $250 million (quarter of a Billion!) dollar lawsuits against the Washington Post and CNN by Nick Sandmann are successful, I think all conservatives and patriots can band together, and sue the most Anti-America media outlets totally out of existence here in the USA.

-CareWeMust

If people knew the amount of effort liberals put in to suppress conservative speech they would be in shock.
Relentlessly liberals at the IRS, FBI, Facebook, YouTube, google. And Twitter work like mad to hide conservative values.

I'm taking special algorithms, hiding posts and threads, hiding news.

They have 1 algorithm that when a conservative post is made it is not viewable.
The poster sees his post, thinks others can see it, but its hidden.

And the liberals are having a tough time at it.
Because 95% of people on aol, drudge, Newsday huffpost are all on the same page.
Very patriotic comments and the liberals hate it

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Nice to see everyone around here celebrating the weaponization/abuse of our court systems because they got butt hurt.

We all lose if this goes through.

The two parties are really going full REEEEE right now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join