It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC Weighs in on ChristChurch Massacre: God help us.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: shooterbrody

Looks like you're perpetuating the notion that she said what she said at the people praying or people sending prayers to victims. And that falsehood spurred some nastiness (see thread)

Her words were misguided and untimely. Nonetheless she was trying to point the finger at the NRA, what offered prayers whilst fighting for the weapons of choice [always... coincidentally] to remain lucrative for business.

Yes, she is. And she is hoping to push that into a gun debate. Did you or did you not get the memo that the @sshole who did this was hoping the left would do this, ban guns and push us into a shooting war thereby?!

Why are you people incapable of doing some simple research? Sometimes, perhaps you should simply let well enough alone especially as this nutbag was on the other side of world.

No one deserves what this guy did. NO ONE, but similarly, if we end up killing each other over what he did, HE WINS.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Looks like you're perpetuating the notion that she said what she said at the people praying or people sending prayers to victims. And that falsehood spurred some nastiness (see thread)

Her words were misguided and untimely. Nonetheless she was trying to point the finger at the NRA, what offered prayers whilst fighting for the weapons of choice [always... coincidentally] to remain lucrative for business.

Wait a minute here, we're in an atmosphere in which a criticism of Islam is taken as a criticism of Muslims... a criticism of a city majorly populated by any particular minority group is perceived as a criticism of that minority group... a criticism of Planned Parenthood is an attack on the women who use PP and their right, etc. Does it not stand to reason that an attack on the NRA is also an attack on the membership of the NRA, the people who comprise it? Does the NRA have an A.I. bot that releases statements about the piss-poor choices of sociopaths like the Christchurch shooter, or was it not a person within the NRA's ranks who released the "thoughts and prayers" sentiment? You're splitting hairs here, running block for an idiotic loudmouth who neither deserves nor needs you to run block for her. Darwin's political law, say stupid ass crap from the political pulpit, receive backlash and condemnation potentially reducing your odds of survival in the politics game.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah cause the people at the nra arent people right?
Those people's attempts to comfort those who lost deserve to be mocked right?
[snipped]

edit on Fri Mar 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

a reply to: ketsuko

Yea let's squeeze in some technicalities now.

My only issue with what she said is that it's being spun as if she was talking to the victims whom were there praying and people sending prayers..

Point is she was saying to the nra organization, corporations, lobbyists, that you're advocating for the single weapon of choice in mass murders 90% of the time.

I dont know how or why you're all putting words into my posts or trying to tip toe to find technicalities to play the outrage card.

She was @'ing the NRA. And lo and behold, the Hillary replacement for many is under fire.

Her words were definitely chosen poorly and untimely, that doesn't take away the fact that the OP, like the rest of the right wing media and mentalists, are trying desperately to find an outrage.

Spineless like the leader.

And no the NRA is not a person. Like my phone isnt but was made by people... and when phone batteries explode we dont seek out the engineers...

edit on 15-3-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So let's squeeze in some technicalities.

NZ has some amazingly draconian gun laws.

Did they prevent anything?

So why to we need them?

And the NRA has nothing to do with New Zealand.

SoOo.. why bring it up?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Islam isn't a person either in that case.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

And no the NRA is not a person. Like my phone isnt but was made by people... and when phone batteries explode we dont seek out the engineers...

Alrighty, let's just go ahead and use the 20lb sledgehammer and end this stupidity once and for all. Yes, the NRA is a "person." At least per the law of the United States of America, it is a person.
In the SCOTUS majority ruling on Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, it was ruled that both for profit and non-profit organizations, corporations, and lobbyist groups enjoy the same Constitutional Rights as individuals and were, effectively, acknowledged as "persons" under the law. Don't like it? Try cajoling the SCOTUS into changing the ruling (good luck with that), but don't stick your fingers in your ears, squeeze your eyes shut, and hope it goes away because, as it stands in the eyes of the law, the NRA is considered a person all unto itself. Your phone, however, is an inanimate tool... you'd have been less ridiculous looking to have cited your phone company or carrier, because it too was granted personhood under the landmark ruling.

Spineless like the leader.

I agree, but to my knowledge, Pelosi has stayed quiet on the New Zealand issue and AOC has been the front runner where comments from Congress are concerned.
edit on 15-3-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadBird
a reply to: Metallicus
Your evidence for her being a "stupid, opinionated child", other than your say so?

If you can't figure that out for yourself, you have either not read/heard her myriad of ignorant and stupid statements, or you are stupid yourself.

Seriously - The green new deal is the dumbest proposal I have ever seen for legislation in my life. 100 trillion dollars in expense, calling for the absolute impossible - getting off fossil fuels in 10 years, and she wrote the whole proposal using identiarianism language.

Her criticism of Amazon headquarters in NYC - she literally had no understanding of tax credits - yet she protested against it using her incorrect information, and cost the city billions in tax revenue. Than the idiot claims she is not responsible.

A few days ago in congress she was blaming the Wells Fargo CEO for putting kids in cages - because they loaned some money to a company who built one Ice building, that has no cages in it. She wants to go after banks for loaning money to a company who does something she disagrees with.

Do you understand where that leads - If we followed her line of thinking banks could get in trouble for loaning money to a person who murders his wife in a house they have a mortgage on. It is complete insanity.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. She is the dumbest congressperson we have ever had, and it is beyond embarrassing any citizen thinks she has anything of value to say.
edit on 15-3-2019 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus
Your evidence for her being a "stupid, opinionated child", other than your say so?

She herself is the best evidence of that, straight from her own mouth.

What other evidence is required?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Mikemp44

What we had in #Christchurch New Zeland is an act of WHITE SUPREMACY TERRORISM!

Fell hard for it 😎

Fell hard for the MSM banana reporting 😎

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
AOC Weighs in on ChristChurch Massacre:

A left wing extremists whining about a right wing extremist.

The proverbial. Pot calling the Kettle.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
White supremacy or no, this is New Zealand's issue and nothing to do with the US. I like how this is somehow the US's fault and the fault of Trump supporters and Trump especially.

it's like the world would all be sweetness, like and roses if you could just kill us all off.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The shooter's manifesto said he wanted stuff like this to happen.

Nice job playing into the nutcases game.

Calling someone a nitcase who wrote that manifesto is grossly over simplifying and missing important points. It was, in the main, a cleverly thought out and reasonably well written piece. You don’t defeat evil by dismissing it. You need to understand it.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
AOC is an imbecile and a puppet and poorly manipulated one at that. Her masters will have her squawk at anything and everything till they get in power.

Tell me one thing she has done for her district?

edit on 15-3-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Man I have avoided posting for some time but... What in the world does the NRA have to do with New Zealand? Other than scoring political points for the same fools who voted for her and her ilk what was the point? I mean does NZ have no gun laws due to the NRA? Want to end gun violence, stop allowing plea deals for crimes where a gun was used. Stop being outraged only over mass shootings with body counts and start to go after the people who shoot up cities like Chicago on a daily basis. That will never happen because it would require acknowledging some uncomfortable facts. It's just too easy to be upset over what they tell you to be upset over.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Calling someone a nitcase who wrote that manifesto is grossly over simplifying and missing important points. It was, in the main, a cleverly thought out and reasonably well written piece. You don’t defeat evil by dismissing it. You need to understand it.

I suppose. I just can't help but think that a person who finds community and affinity with people on the grounds of race alone, and further, resorts to murder because of it, has stooped so far into pseudoscience and superstition as to be declared reasonable.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

originally posted by: ARM1968

I suppose. I just can't help but think that a person who finds community and affinity with people on the grounds of race alone, and further, resorts to murder because of it, has stooped so far into pseudoscience and superstition as to be declared reasonable.

Oh I agree. You are right. The danger is in offhand dismissal. There is real danger and real truth in what he wrote. In Europe there are a huge number of military and police who do support, at least in part, this mans viewpoint. We could be at the crux of something truly horrendous. I think we need to understand this, accept that there are those who feel this way and try to find a way to combat or at least mitigate against it.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
AOC is a stupid, petulant, child and should be ignored. Why do people and the media keep listening to this fool other than for comedy relief?

Because she is a US Congress woman. That gives her a kind of clout.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: Metallicus
AOC is a stupid, petulant, child and should be ignored. Why do people and the media keep listening to this fool other than for comedy relief?

Because she is a US Congress woman. That gives her a kind of clout.

I'm sorry. You wrote clout, and I saw clap.

I might need to hang up the internet for a while.

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thoughts and prayers are useless. And I rather like AOC. Anyone who can riles the Trumpster fire by simply breathing has gotta deserve support. And given Trump's greenlighting racism across the board ("they're very fine people"), yes, he has a fair share of blame for this.

Oh look another account that "just joined today" posting in the political forums........

That being said, she doesnt "rile " the right up......she gobsmacks us with her blatant stupidity......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join