It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich People loopholes - Felicity Huffman Lori Loughlin charge in college admission scheme

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Seems to me that if any of the colleges involved had a ounce of decency,

They would suspend/expel all involved students asap.

But that's just me.
edit on R532019-03-12T15:53:19-05:00k533Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I guess she doesn't see the irony!!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This made me sooooo blind with rage! As someone who was taken advantage of by an online school and screwed out of a degree and having the government dock my pay and take my taxes, well I hope these people go to jail! I'm not even suppose to pay my measly $5k loan back and I have given paperwork numerous times to show its been forgiven. So when I see people like this who are able to pay for college cheating to get in while those of us normal people who have the grades but not the funds being denied or screwed it really makes me angry, angry to the point of actual tears. I would have given anything to finish college but I just couldn't afford to pay it on my own and couldn't get loans. College should be for those who really want it! Oh this irks me so much!

I am watching the news now and Lori Laughlin paid for her daughters to get in as rowers and they didn't even row!!! The one daughter said in a video she wanted college for the parties and games and didn't cafe about actual college. Omg I want to smack her straight! THIS IS what privilege is like! Spoiled rich brats getting what they don't deserve.

Oh this makes my blood boil!

For every person that lied there was someone who deserved it that was denied!

They even photoshopped their kids pics on actual athletes! Omg!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

like melania's Einstein visa. lol

edit on 12-3-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I'm guessing this is the first you've heard of this? These schemes have been going on since...well...there were colleges.

Oh your kid needs to get admitted? We also need a new law library, and A/V equipment for the auditorium...

The library benefits everyone. This is direct bribery. I'm just saying it's not the same at all as the tradition you are speaking of.

I'm thinking, there must be more to this than we are hearing so far. A half a million paid just to get #AuntBecky's kid into a top college? No way. That had to include the "full ride", meaning a degree at the end, perhaps pending another payment but this half mill should at least get the kid up to graduation day, if not including graduation day.

Maybe something even more sinister and convoluted going on here.

Do you guys believe a (I read Aunt Becky paid a half mil) bribe of that amount is really necessary JUST FOR ADMISSION?

Also think about it...if the kid needed that much help just to get their foot in the door... what about their grades for the next 2 to 4+ years? What about a degree? How are they gonna manage that?

I'm no ivy league scholar... but somethin ain't addin up here.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Oh there is going to be more coming out for sure.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, this is distasteful and corrupt, but I always assumed this was going on and always would.

Maybe now real applicants will have a fair shake at admission.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

There is a collegiate saying most students go by:

"Cs and Ds make degrees"

$500,000 for admission sounds right when tuition alone is $47-60k a year at some of these schools. I can't see $500,000 buying a degree when they can keep milking you for tuition.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Send these women to me, I'll give them a stern talking to!

Definitely send them to me, I'll straighten them out

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Rich Hollywood Leftist Elites caught cheating the system.
Color me surprised.

Don't think it's just "leftists" because it goes way back into Right money.

You guys act like the ultra rich make distinctions in their politics? No. They don't. They compare ways to cheat the system at their little cocktail parties. They compare notes on schemes like this.

Sheeesh.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I discussed this article with the wife over dinner. Had a good chuckle. Education starts at home- every home. To think that $250k to $500k is chump change to these people. What kind of example does this set for their kids? Don't worry mommy and daddy will take care of you.
Made us both proud of the fact that we raised our kids to understand that this is their education and you get out what you put in.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Dont worry they got there because they worked hard

*eyeroll*

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, this scam must've been done in the past too, because it would explain how AOC got into Boston University, because we all know now it wasn’t because of her intelligence!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There could even be a Malia and Sasha Obama connection to this nationwide scandal.

Malia and Sasha's Tennis Instructor Indicted: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Who did this group of people piss off or threaten at one time? Look. People with that much money do not get busted unless someone gets pissed off because in most instances they are all taking advantage of something.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I'm guessing this is the first you've heard of this? These schemes have been going on since...well...there were colleges.

Oh your kid needs to get admitted? We also need a new law library, and A/V equipment for the auditorium...

The library benefits everyone. This is direct bribery. I'm just saying it's not the same at all as the tradition you are speaking of.

I'm thinking, there must be more to this than we are hearing so far. A half a million paid just to get #AuntBecky's kid into a top college? No way. That had to include the "full ride", meaning a degree at the end, perhaps pending another payment but this half mill should at least get the kid up to graduation day, if not including graduation day.

Maybe something even more sinister and convoluted going on here.

Do you guys believe a (I read Aunt Becky paid a half mil) bribe of that amount is really necessary JUST FOR ADMISSION?

Also think about it...if the kid needed that much help just to get their foot in the door... what about their grades for the next 2 to 4+ years? What about a degree? How are they gonna manage that?

I'm no ivy league scholar... but somethin ain't addin up here.

Oh I guarantee this goes much deeper! It went on for a decade and involves what $25million dollars?! That is ridiculous! I don't usually follow scandals in the news but THIS, this is personal to me in so many ways. My own experiences with struggling to finish school as someone who had the grades but not the money. People like this piss me off.

I can't wait to see who else goes down for this. I hope they charge the students too because come on they KNEW they didn't take the SAT or the ACT and they KNEW they weren't an athlete! The kids are just as much to blame as the parents! Thinks of those who have graduated and are already in society working in their paid for chosen fields! They should lose their jobs as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

A teenage girl who did not play soccer magically became a star soccer recruit at Yale. Cost to her parents: $1.2 million.

A high school boy eager to enroll at the University of Southern California was falsely deemed to have a learning disability so he could take his standardized test with a complicit proctor who would make sure he got the right score. Cost to his parents: at least $50,000.

A student with no experience rowing won a spot on the U.S.C. crew team after a photograph of another person in a boat was submitted as evidence of her prowess. Her parents wired $200,000 into a special account.

College Admissions Scandal

This is crazy! $1.2 million just to say you went to Yale? This student CLEARLY knew what was going on as they didn't even play soccer! What is the benefit of paying that much money just to go to college? I mean seriously. Are the elite and rich that shallow that they think people really care where you went to college? I don't care if you went to a community college or Princeton!

They falsified photos to show they played such sports when they didn't. I bet more people will be charged when this starts to head to court. It involves more than 50 people that is for sure!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Apparently, the guy running this scam operation says he did this for over 750 families.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Apparently, the guy running this scam operation says he did this for over 750 families.
www.nbcnews.com...

WOW!!! That's HUGE! This is going to go much deeper I bet!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Doesn’t bother me one bit. It’s a competitive world, not a meritocracy. If you’re talented enough you’ll get in. Alternatively if your family is wealthy that’s another form of competing.

Oh and ivies aren’t about education, most don’t even give failing grades, you auto pass every course. What they’re about is networking.
edit on 13-3-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join