It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This months Newham mag has gays and drag queens teaching little boys and girls

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
Wrong and right is a personal perspective regarding dressing up in drag. The storytelling promotes learning about diversity within society, key word 'learning'.

At what point do children need to learn about things of a sexual nature though? Drag queen performance is adult entertainment similar to burlesque. I don't have a problem with either, but I'm not thinking either is a proper learning topic for a group of young children at a library story time.

I would prefer my kid grow up in a natural way interacting with girls and boys as if they were other kids and not potential drag queens or gays or normal hetero partners in sexual life. I don't feel society needs to push the issue of which sexual box kids go into that young. Any "educating" should be more for parents and adults than it is for them.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. My post was in response to the OP, and how "horrible" it was in the OPs eyes for gays and drag queens to read books to kids. The tongue in cheek dichotomy is that he probably wouldn't bat an eye if it was a clergyman reading books to kids.

And where does it say that the stories are about "bedroom" activities?

Lets see what types of books they're reading to children and what they promote shall we? Books with illustrations showing how being all gay and happy is normal. And how some people with MH issues prefer dressing up as women but don't admit to having any issues at all.

It's the parent's call to make, not yours.

You mean they are being forced to accept it as normal, otherwise they are bigotedl

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted

Don't be silly now... black history month is a totally different subject!

Not really, I know full well what ATS is currently like. Throughout this thread you and others seem to be pushing a completely nonsensical theory that you can become indoctrinated into being gay. More than one poster has assumed that the storytelling sessions were given in a school classroom environment and one even questioned if parental consent had been given - I wonder who else may have taken them to the library?

For context, Newham libraries won a library of the year award for engagement with the community, which I'm sure when doing your due diligence you must have noticed, or was it just a kneejerk reaction on your part that meant you didn't look any further into what you were posting?

You're not doing very well in your comprehension. Not one poster has said anything about these kids catching the gay except for all the ones who support the story in the OP. And it's not nonsensical to be against children being told how great it is to be gay. Nobody teaches them how great it is to be straight because normal people just want the children to be children.

lol, sorry, you are reading what you want to read. Several posters have said they believe impressionable young children are being exposed to people giving a positive view on homosexuality - you just skip over that I guess.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wrong and right is a personal perspective regarding dressing up in drag. The storytelling promotes learning about diversity within society, key word 'learning'.

At what point do children need to learn about things of a sexual nature though? Drag queen performance is adult entertainment similar to burlesque. I don't have a problem with either, but I'm not thinking either is a proper learning topic for a group of young children at a library story time.

I would prefer my kid grow up in a natural way interacting with girls and boys as if they were other kids and not potential drag queens or gays or normal hetero partners in sexual life. I don't feel society needs to push the issue of which sexual box kids go into that young. Any "educating" should be more for parents and adults than it is for them.

Actually, their storytelling to children depicts being different and about love, it is not sexual at all.

They also have an adult storytelling session, should you be interested in 'learning' the difference, YT is at your disposal (or is it?).

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

There was a segment on TV last night where a guy was talking about the Smollett case and hate crime hoaxes, and he said something I think applies to this thing -- the problem for the left is that there is a real shortage of true bigots to fuel their fantasies.

They feel like they need to have these over-the-top displays because I think they seriously think we spend a bunch of time and energy teaching our kids to hate gays and transpeople at home. They just know what they think we are, but they don't really know us.

Now, I don't know about you, but the subject never really comes up. Sure, we discuss it here, but we don't even think about it at the dinner table or anywhere else. And ATS is just a sideshow of the crazy in society. Someone brings it up because we're all like ... Seriously? Someone thought we needed that? Why? One more thing I won't take my kids to.

That makes total sense. I saw Bernie say that he's running because he needs to end the homophobia, bigotry, and racism that Trump has created.

My dinner table is exactly like yours, nobody talks about trannies or gays or even gives it a thought. We don't talk about cross dressers, blacks, illegals, or anything outside of what we wanna do for game night or how things at school are going and how grades are looking. Important things. I watch my local news at 5 and then CBS Evening News comes on. What's ridiculous is how my kids (ages 10 to 16) see all the things they constantly say about Trump and then they ask me why the news always talks bad about him. They've watched his live rallies on tv with me and know hlaf of what the news says is said out of context. That's the only political issue I've discussed with them and now they fight over who gets the red bowls and cups because none of them want blue, and when one of them is REALLY mad, they'll call the other a liberal. That's when I shout "HEY! Don't you EVER call your brother a liberal!" I chuckle every time I have to say that.

But it's not from me, it's from them watching the cable news. They've grown to dislike democrats just by seeing them on tv. And you know what, I'm not gonna tell them any different. I hope there are millions of households around the country that are the same way.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I agree. My post was in response to the OP, and how "horrible" it was in the OPs eyes for gays and drag queens to read books to kids. The tongue in cheek dichotomy is that he probably wouldn't bat an eye if it was a clergyman reading books to kids.

Lets see what types of books they're reading to children and what they promote shall we? Books with illustrations showing how being all gay and happy is normal. And how some people with MH issues prefer dressing up as women but don't admit to having any issues at all.

It's the parent's call to make, not yours.

You mean they are being forced to accept it as normal, otherwise they are bigotedl

Forced? Did the library lock them all in?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: Kandinsky

What a fantastic response, I think it says a lot that I'm the only one to star a post that is the most eloquent in the thread.

A storytelling session in a library is being painted by some on here as trying to initiate children into becoming gay - some have even not bothered reading the actual article (quelle surprise on ATS) and seem to think this is classroom teaching that is attempting to indoctrinate. If the storytelling week had overlapped with a black history month I'm sure there would be people on here suggesting there was a conspiracy to make white kids turn black.

Have you read the article?
The thread is not about LGBT month, it is about teaching kids, during these celebrations of sexuality, about being gay.
Celebrate all you like, but just leave the kids the f*** out of it.
Would you like some S&M crowd to be teaching kids about their sexuality during whatever time they deem it appropriate to celebrate the sh** they do in the bedroom? How about stripper month? Bring in a pole and teach the kids about pole dancing and lap dancing?

I'd like adults to act like adults [.....]

Adults don't teach children about sexuality at that age.

Would you like to stop being an idiot and actually read the article this is about? It doesn't actually 'teach' anything, but I happen to know from your posting history a little about what you are so not quite sure why I've bothered responding.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I guess I see christianity as an alternative lifestyle that has been banned in some places
Thought it was obvious myself

Do you know that christians used to kill people who would not become christians? Like billions of people.

Really? Is that the best you can come up with?

link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

5 drag Queens share their favorite queer affirming children's books

' too cute' when a mother said that her son said that he wanted to be a drag queen when he grew up too!

encouraging minors to like or act like them, who woulda thought
edit on CSTWed, 20 Feb 2019 10:33:33 -06000000002810x033x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

link   

The storytelling is done in public forums where parents bring their children, therefore it appears it is the parents' decision whether or not to let their children partake of this particular type of storytelling.

www.vancourier.com...

Big star for you as you have injected reality into this thread

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Thanks, but reality here on ATS can be very subjective as you know.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty

12 flags, 11 stars says otherwise.

GASP! On a site full of right-wing posters who virtue signal all the time and enjoy their echo chamber?
WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK!!??!

And 6 pages later, some people still refuse to understand and see the whole picture.

The whole picture? Some people who don't actually understand what they are looking at create threads that totally and utterly misrepresent the actual facts? Other equally minded people react with shock and don't bother actually reading the facts either? Take a look in the mirror.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The storytelling is done in public forums where parents bring their children, therefore it appears it is the parents' decision whether or not to let their children partake of this particular type of storytelling.

www.vancourier.com...

Maybe you didn't read the OP. But thank God I'll never have to worry about a mental case confused about what they are, reading to my kids.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I can teach my young grandsons about diversity, tolerance, and acceptance without subjecting them to flaunting extreme stereotypes. The theatrical drag queens do not dress up and run about town in drag. They only do so for performances and fully exaggerate the appearance of female. The majority of gay couples do not go about flaunting their gayness. They live love and enjoy life like everyone else.

The extremes being flaunted are actually not an accurate depiction except for an extreme minority and is counter intuitive for the actual majority that go unnoticed as anything other than who they are as individuals. Labels do not define them...they simply are.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We always had Amelia Bedelia read aloud to us in the 80's when I was in grade school. Much better than "gay is great".

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

I can't wait for when we have BDSM story times! What about you? I mean dominatrixes are just normal people too ... same with submissives.

To even suggest that in this particular scenario the two are the same thing just points out the idiocy of this thread. Perhaps some dickhead could tell kids how great it is to own a lot of guns? I appreciate that does actually probably happen in America though.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

www.vancourier.com...

Maybe you didn't read the OP. But thank God I'll never have to worry about a mental case confused about what they are, reading to my kids.

Putting the label of mental case on someone is a subjective exercise. And that's my point, parents make the call.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Actually, their storytelling to children depicts being different and about love, it is not sexual at all.

They also have an adult storytelling session, should you be interested in 'learning' the difference, YT is at your disposal (or is it?).

I love your responses but sadly I think there is selective deafness and blindness from many on here to the very valid and sensible points you make.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: InTheLight

I can teach my young grandsons about diversity, tolerance, and acceptance without subjecting them to flaunting extreme stereotypes. The theatrical drag queens do not dress up and run about town in drag. They only do so for performances and fully exaggerate the appearance of female. The majority of gay couples do not go about flaunting their gayness. They live love and enjoy life like everyone else.

The extremes being flaunted are actually not an accurate depiction except for an extreme minority and is counter intuitive for the actual majority that go unnoticed as anything other than who they are as individuals. Labels do not define them...they simply are.

And that is your choice, so the choice for others to expose their children to the reality of drag within a learning environment is theirs. Also, I didn't see the storyteller in drag acting in any way other than friendly, fun and composed.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They're kids FFS.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join