It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship on this board has gotten out of hand........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Thanks for being Nazis. I see that someone has deleted a few topics about this new guy. Well let me just say this:

This site is run by fascists and Nazis. No wonder the good have gone and not returned. I am different. I am not going to give up without a fight. A fight for freedom and individuality.

I will be your martyr, you can be my victim.

Abraham

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
They should have just left the topics alone, I don't think they were troublesome at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
uh, abe,

last night i had a fit about a member who was being a jerk. my way of dealing with it was by posting a 'counter' thread of sorts, to his jerk one... well, long story short, the admins deleted both threads. were they being nazis..? no, because admins exist to keep boards on-topic.

abe, calling someone a 'nazi' is pretty strong, and very unfair. you shouldn't toss that word around lightly.

jim

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My grandpa was an actual Nazi, it's ok though, I don't take offence from it. I'm not a Nazi though.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A Nazi to me is anyone who is corrupt and cruel. There is no political definition for it. I am try to bark up a storm, I will admit it. People who censor things so innocent are Nazis in my eyes. Excuse me for not being fair to those that are unjust.

The point is this:

This topic will get banned or locked. You know why???

Because it goes against the staff's views. Hence Fascists. There is not much difference between a fascist and a Nazi, not in my eyes.

So want to take bets to see how long this topic will last???

I give it two minutes.......

Abraham

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
AV,

Man, Please let it be.

There is no censorship. There is no grand ATS conspiracy against you or anyone else. Mods take actions to keep the board from degenerating into chaos like a lot of other boards on the web.

Just relax man, no one has to be a martyr.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Question gentlemen? And PLEASE take no offense.

Freedom of speech is a gaurenteed right, but these boards address the many. In as such, a few will not be appeased, or happy. There are guidelines posted on this BB that refer to conduct and conduct 'unbecoming'. It is therefore up to the 'moderators' to ensure this and enforce this. This is a Democratic society and in such, you can voice your opinions but again, the 'moderators' have the final word.

Is that being a Nazi or a Fascists? I don't think so, but hey!!, I don't know dodo anyhoo.

But I do know this....this is a site provided FREELY, no cost to you...some rights will come under consideration and some rights can and will be expected. I think that the best motto is to go with the flow and maybe stop making something out of nothing.

Ok, now you can blast me. But that is my opinion.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Abe just why don't you just p*ss off? The quy got banned because he posted nonsense. If you don't like the way ATS 2.0 is run then put you bucks together and start your own board. This is William's board and he gets to make the rules - get over it. You have to get into a tizzy just because some stupid kid wants to waste bandwidth with garbage and William won't allow it. If you don't like it, then put your money where your mouth is and pay for the hosting of your own board. Then you get to make the rules.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
AV,

Man, Please let it be.

There is no censorship. There is no grand ATS conspiracy against you or anyone else. Mods take actions to keep the board from degenerating into chaos like a lot of other boards on the web.

Just relax man, no one has to be a martyr.

Why is it that this person what ever his name is was banned???

Why is it that he is attacked for trying to reveal some so-called truth???

Do people attack me when I claim that Diana was killed by Satanists??? NO. Not like this. I think you need to tell the people who can't learn to be nice to stop it or be banned. All you have done is stick up for haters and people who are looking for fights. I would like you to show me where these two people that everyone is crusading against are in the wrong. Can you do that sir???

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Book burning and censorship are also Nazi-esque strategies, but I think Above Top Secret is Above Nazism (in the positive sense).

I needed to close a loop inadvertently caused by the locking of the previous thread on banning everyone's new black budget friend, Kowalski...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Prediction.

This topic is about to get locked up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...stunning...

...can ya pick the Lotto Numbers for this week too??

*Alien closes the door, turns the key and walks away shaking his head*

Alien, the answer is at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Topic: How psychic are you?)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Abe just why don't you just p*ss off? The quy got banned because he posted nonsense. If you don't like the way ATS 2.0 is run then put you bucks together and start your own board. This is William's board and he gets to make the rules - get over it. You have to get into a tizzy just because some stupid kid wants to waste bandwidth with garbage and William won't allow it. If you don't like it, then put your money where your mouth is and pay for the hosting of your own board. Then you get to make the rules.

Nonsense??? Show me how this is nonsense???

Please can you do that???

I doubt it. How are you to know that this person is telling the truth or not???

William has told me that he has admitted that he was joking, but William also told me not to tell anyone this. I can only wonder why. Maybe because he is a liar. Want to try and prove me wrong??? Go ahead. See what happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Why is it that he is attacked for trying to reveal some so-called truth??? Posted by AV

He had no truth to reveal, he was a kid that decided to spam the board with a load of BS. He was warned, and warned again. He was having a good time pissing off the admin, so he was booted.

Not a surprise.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
AV, dude,

You have got to relax and step back for a minute. If people hated you and were conspiring againts you there would be no way that you could have come in among the top three during the last "way above top secret" award vote. this has been a very contentious weekend for ATS... i suggest we turn all of our anger towards the Reptoids and Cupacabra, like we usually do...

Dragonrider, didn't you say, perhaps in jest, that a lot of popular agitation through HAARP was going to occur this weeK???

Peace, abe, just chill-out,
Jim

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Lets remain calm and continue in an adult manner.

For one, I refuse to become a Mod-Nazi in character. Another thing, people complained about the poster in question, and something was done about it.
Thirdly reread the Conditions of membership.

That way we have enough time to give our spin doctors a fighting chance.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Thanks for being Nazis. I see that someone has deleted a few topics about this new guy. Well let me just say this:

This site is run by fascists and Nazis. No wonder the good have gone and not returned. I am different. I am not going to give up without a fight. A fight for freedom and individuality.

I will be your martyr, you can be my victim.

Abraham

When posts descend to nothing more than abusive tirades back and forth...when they outright breach the FAQs, the YES they very likely going to be locked and moved to the Trash Can.

And I also seem to recall YOU YOURSELF demanding that posts be deleted, or comments about the 'hotness' of a female member, who didn't have an issue about what was being said about her...instead it was YOU demanding censorship and expressing disgust that Mods WEREN'T stepping in to censor that comment.

So...I seriously suggest this, with all good intentions, try not to be so quick to denounce...to throw stones...when you yourself have cast some as well.

I also have NO idea whats with the whole Martyr trip either...and the "you can be my victim"?? WTF is that supposed to mean??

You call Admins and Mods Nazi's?? I've have you know that a number of my own family gave their lives during WW2 fighting the Nazi...and you calling me, by nature of me being a Moderator, a Nazi is something I find personally - and extremely - offensive.

As others have said...why take something and supercharge the heck out of it and fly into a 'The sky is falling, the sky is falling' mode...just chill a little...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Why is it that he is attacked for trying to reveal some so-called truth??? Posted by AV

He had no truth to reveal, he was a kid that decided to spam the board with a load of BS. He was warned, and warned again. He was having a good time pissing off the admin, so he was booted.

Not a surprise.

You still haven't proven the fact that his statements were not true. All you have done is supported the one bias view on here that loves to censor. They love to censor what they don't like. Not what should be censored. Hence fascsism.

Please DR don't be Mussolini, tell me why this guy was being dishonest or give up and admit that you were wrong.

Love,
Abraham

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I will restate - this is WILLIAM'S board - not yours. If you come into my home and behave in a manner I do not approve, then I have the right to boot your a** out the door. By the same token, if you log onto my board and post content I do not like, then I have the right to ban you. That is the right of property which you seem not to appreciate. If you pay for it, you have the right to make the rules. If you don't like the way ATS 2.0 is ran, then put your money down and start your own forum board. Personally I think you are just being a tiresome *******.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Sorry to be so harsh with the Nazi thing. But if you accept that this man who tried to reveal some so-called truth should be banned then you are a fascist. Maybe not a Nazi, but definately a fascist. You can't prove that this guy was wrong or right. Therefore you shouldn't go off saying that he was posting false information. This IS a conspiracy site you know??? And on conspiracy sites there are things that wouldn't be accepted on other sites. However this place seems to be an exception. This place seems to punish conspiracies that are not in agreement with those that control the sites. That is wrong and you know it.

And another thing. My demands for censorship were different from this situation and you know it. This censorship is about info, not insults. Unlike the situation I encountered. So burn me for caring about someone's feelings. Cause you already have, you might as well finish the job.

Peace,
Abraham

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
AV, dude,

You have got to relax and step back for a minute. If people hated you and were conspiring againts you there would be no way that you could have come in among the top three during the last "way above top secret" award vote. this has been a very contentious weekend for ATS... i suggest we turn all of our anger towards the Reptoids and Cupacabra, like we usually do...

Dragonrider, didn't you say, perhaps in jest, that a lot of popular agitation through HAARP was going to occur this weeK???

Peace, abe, just chill-out,
Jim

I never said it was a conspiracy against me. This is a conspiracy against us all. It is against freedom. Can't you see that?????

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Ahem...

One of the TOU states that members will not knowingly post known false information. The member in question was doing so.

Now as far as equating me with fascist Nazis, I have some personal experience there... At the age of 16 some young KKK members from Vidor Texas tried to lynch me from a tree branch with clothes line.

So, I know what the Nazis are about. There are no Nazis on this board.

AV, I suggest you go chill out before you bust a vein or something

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join