It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British girl wants to come home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

My Grandfather was a POW.
He was captured.
She chose to join the crazies.
He is turning in His grave.
edit on 15-2-2019 by Cymru because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I don't know what she could be charged with other than being a member of a terrorist organisation I guess , I'm sure the authorities will come up with something.
I'd be inclined to hand them all over to the Syrian government as their crimes were committed there.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Send them to the Hague for war crimes. They will easily get convicted by 2119.

I was trying to find the article, but several came back a couple years ago...bet they served zero real time.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
She abandoned the UK and joined the enemy. She says that she has no regrets in joining ISIS. Nor was she fazed by the be-headings. Groomed or not , she made a choice and her choice was to go and join ISIS. They ISIS showed no remorse or mercy for their enemies, who she said deserved it ie-be-heading.
So why should we show her any remorse or mercy? She would have refused to give us that.
Let Assad or the Kurds have her for target practice, its what she deserves.
No way should this bag of chit be allowed back into the UK, except to be hung like a traitor .

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Yeah I wasn't talking about the "heroe POW's " of course. I was talking about bad POW's like all those nazI soldiers that we caught....I fail to remember how we shot them all after the war...

Thank your GF for his service..

Peace
edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 15 Feb 2019 13:30:52 -0600pm283020192 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Sadly he passed before I was old enough to fully appreciate his efforts.

He used to tell me stories then abrubply stop and walk away.

He and His Pals fought for this Country now its being given away.

Makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Nobody with a reasonable mindset wants her back in Britain but that's far from the point.

It's probably been mentioned... She's a British citizen.

She has no other citizenship.

By international law we as a nation CANNOT strip her of citizenship.

So... We let her in and convict or we let her in and deradicalize.

Nobody will support her other than extremists and closet extremists, however someone will have to legally defend her if she ever comes back.

That's how the civilised world works, not on feelings, not on emotions, not religion or skin colour. The civilized world works on law, law and procedure.

Simple stuff really.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

War crimes are crimes based on international consensus in regards to proper conduct, she's got terrorist connections, anything else without evidence is conjecture.

We have no evidence of her partaking in war crimes, we don't have evidence that she ever lifted a weapon.

That was always the problem with groups like ISIS, determining war crimes is a tricky business, they're not a professional army. Many of them fall under the category of mercenary... A clusterf# for national and international judiciary systems. Isis wasn't a nation so they cannot sign treaties, many if it's 'citizens' are citizens of actual nations, therefore to convict them within their own nations becomes tricky since any crimes committed require evidence and those crimes were committed abroad.

There's other ways of getting them of course, there's also controversial deradicalization programs too.

Point being, she's British and we cannot leave a human being stateless. Isis is not a state and we would never ever recognise it as such... Especially to convict people.

War criminal?
Maybe

Forfeiture of British citizenship?
No

That's impossible unless you went down the legal route of being adopted by another state which is highly unlikely. The process of which is extremely tedious anyways.

There's a way for her to abandon citizenship, smarter people than I know this already. She can become a political refugee.

Maybe Sudan would take her?

Don't shoot the messenger I'm just pointing out how things work, I don't see the point in ripping up the rule book for a bunch of wannabe revolutionists/jihadists. In the end that's a victory for them.
edit on 15-2-2019 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Handing her to Syria is about as likely as stripping her of citizenship.

But yeah, a worthy conviction is going to be difficult to deliver.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Well, if the meat is left uncovered, the cats will come eat it.

Let her be as she intended..

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Aye. Over there NOT here.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

She is British.

Both sides of my family originate from non-british territories, but I'm white, the Italian side of my family is white and the Irish side is white too.

She's as British as my great grandparents. She has citizenship.

Ancestry doesn't make citizenship, I'm as much a Celt as she is Asian. It just doesn't work like that. Heritage means little to a western nation-state.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
Every single human being has done some “mistake” at some point in their life and “everyone” deserves a “second chance”.

Judge no one when you personally aware of your “own hidden and secret past”.

I am with you on don't judge a person, but their behavior can certainly be judged. In this case who says she is not coming home to hit at an enemy, ready to die for her cause as one who may be allowed into the country.being pregnant may give her the sympathetic push to be allowed in and also out of jail quickly. Perfect tool.
edit on 15-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Heritage I embrace and respect.
Choosing to hop on a plane and join known terrorists I do not.
There is a huge distinction between them.
Bleeding heart and snowflake types that whitter on about its nationality need to stop and think. Will one of them take it in if is perversely gets back into the Uk.
Not bloody likely.
I stand by my convictions. Will they? Er, no.
Put up up shut up.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: sapien82

Your mate is not a "stand up guy". He is a murderer and by your description seems to be glad he killed another human being because he judged him to be a bad person. I wouldn't give your scumbag mate the time of day.

Yet here you are wanting murder on a " sub-human " for crimes they haven't even been convicted for yet you wouldn't give the time of day to a person who has did his time and regrets his actions.

Funny. There's only one POS I'm seeing in this thread buddy and I'm replying to him. A hypocritical POS.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Why do I have to house British citizens?

You're clearly confused hence the ,"bleeding heart liberals" comment.

This has nothing to do with politics and it has nothing to do with social policies. It has everything to do with the law, national and international.

Maybe in your world that means nothing but in the real world it means pretty much everything.

Yeah right back at ya buddy, ignorant numpties on the internet never stop to think how laws used against one citizen can be used against them all.

Think a second before you come at me with all your emotional blithering.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Happy to debate this at great length. If I pull a knife in public I get locked up. No questions asked.
If I join the lunatic fringe and admit that a bucket full of decapitated heads doesn't phase me I expect leniency .
Explain that .
This Country is on a very steep downward spiral. I fear it is too late however.

edit on 15-2-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2019 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Treason
The betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

How well I know. Just like Elizabeth Warren can claim to be a Native American, anybody from Pakistan who manages to become a citizen can make the claim to be British. But then again, if you fly to Mexico and swim across the border, you can claim to be an "American".

Fantasy becomes reality and reality is a violation of PC culture.

Good friggin' luck and stay out of London's East End.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join