It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Smollett Orchestrated Attack, Sources Say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SamWells

They had enough evidence to charge the brothers.

I started this off by saying that i have not seen enough evidence but they may be with holding some. For that you keep on with the troll comments.

Show me what evidence you have seen that warranted kicking in a door vs just questioning the two first.

You just claimed they had the evidence so please lay it out if you can.

I have stated the two were on camera in the area 45 minutes before the event going away from the "scene". That in no way is evidence to kick a door in.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

The police explicitly stated, that the reason the brothers were released, was because they provided key information. And there is breaking news comming out right now from the brothers’ lawyer saying they have important information. Can you use your imagination and think what that information might be? Its so obvious to everyone but you are playing ignorant. Its a juvenile trick. thats all.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SamWells

Yea they definitely talked and made a deal. I would not put it past the police to kick a door in without probable cause, but i would hope in this case that is under so much scrutiny they would cross there T's and dot there i's

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Agreed. Police kick in the wrong door all the time. but in a case where the whole world is watching, FBI is on the case with CPD. They arent making any mistakes. They have been taking their time.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
More "FAKE RACISM" from the left. Maybe this should hold a higher sentence...like automatic 10 years in jail. These idiots are trying to harm society and individuals. What if they actually found some uninvolved people...tried them...sent them to jail...then maybe they commit suicide? What would this punk, uppity jerk have been charged with?

END THE LEFTIST HATE AND LIES! It is their Religion!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

The police explicitly stated, that the reason the brothers were released, was because they provided key information. And there is breaking news comming out right now from the brothers’ lawyer saying they have important information. Can you use your imagination and think what that information might be? Its so obvious to everyone but you are playing ignorant. Its a juvenile trick. thats all.

You are changing the subject now. I have not stated to you anything other than my concerns for the kicking in the door.

You claimed to have valid reasons and i have not reached that conclusion yet. IMO they could have questioned the 2 before ransacking their house.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: QuittingHeaven

I agree. I believe, and a lot of others do too, that Jussie should be charged with a hate crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why I think the police kicked down their door.

They were identified as the persons of interest in the screen grabs of the video was released.

2:50 PM PT -- Chicago PD has confirmed ... the 2 men taken in for questioning are the same men in the surveillance video screen grab. The PD confirms transportation records, along with interviews with Jussie and other witnesses, led to the ID of the 2 men.

Jussie Smollett's Persons of Interest Had Home Raided, Bleach Found: Report - TMZ

Ola and Abel are the same two men who were featured in the grainy pictures that were released by the Chicago Police Department.

Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Heavy

Detectives tracked them down through surveillance cameras in the Streeterville area, where Smollett says two men shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him late last month, hit him and wrapped a rope around his neck while yelling, “This is MAGA country!”

Guglielmi said the two were spotted in the area of the attack, which occurred around 2 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 300 block of East North Water Street. He released no other details, but a source familiar with the investigation said at least one of the men was traced through his use of a ride-share service.

Smollett follows the brothers’ bodybuilding page on Instagram.

Police say 2 brothers being questioned in reported Jussie Smollett attack are now 'potential suspects' - Chicago Tribune

Knowing their address would lead to knowing their identities.

This is inside the home of two men in police custody listed as persons of interest. According to family they left for Nigeria the same day (but hours after) the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett.

Charlie De Mar twitter

Knowing their identities would allow law enforcement to search for them using all means available. This would have lead to the discovery that they had left the country hours after the attack took place. This would have given them probable cause to suspect they were not only involved but perhaps attempting to flee the country.

Knowing they were out of the country, they would also know when they planned on returning. This would have allowed them to pick the brothers up at the airport before they cleared customs and have a chance to get back to their apartment to dispose of any potentially incriminating evidence.

Schmidt said police detained her clients Wednesday evening at Customs at O’Hare. The two men were returning from a trip to Nigeria when officers raided their family’s home on the North Side.

Pictures from the raid show the front door busted off its frame, items thrown across the living room, bedroom doors damaged and clothes tossed everywhere.

Police left behind an inventory list. Some of the items seized include a black face mask hat, an Empire script, phone, receipts, a red hat and bleach.

BREAKING: Suspects Arrested In Jussie Smollett Case

The circumstantial evidence against Smollett is adding up to a pattern of behavior. The fact that Smollett has since hired a criminal defense attorney leads me to believe that he believes he is about to face potential charges.

That is a summary of my thought processes on this.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am with you but the screen grabs were 45 minutes before the alleged attack. I do not see the need to do forced entry. That's all. They could have questioned them first to see if they would cooperate.

I just feel we have too many situations of no knocks and i have been following the houston no knock story.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How could the police have interviewed them if they were out of the country?

I'm not sure of the exact timing of the raid on their apartment, but from what I understand it was on the same day that they were detained upon returning from Nigeria. The police detained the brothers before they could clear customs. They probably wanted to make sure that any evidence in the apartment would be preserved. The brothers could have contact family members to get rid of any potential evidence.

In this case as opposed to the one in Houston (I am following that as well as I live relatively close to there) is that in this case, we have confirmed evidence that the police identified the brothers as the actual persons of interest in the released video footage whereas in the Houston situation, there is nothing but affidavits which contain what seems to be false information.

Huge difference between the two.

Also, I think this is pertinent, remember this:
?

Look at one of the items seized from the brothers' apartment:

If the letter can be traced to the magazine found in their apartment, then things are very much more involved than just a possibly hoaxed attack.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

They raided then arrested at the airport. Likely cause they knew they were not home so the risk was low of confrontation.

If the letter can be traced to the magazine found in their apartment, then things are very much more involved than just a possibly hoaxed attack.

That is not probable cause to kick in a door though. My point to all this is that a lawyer will have a field day with this lack of probable cause.

Leaving a crime scene 45 minutes before a crime is not probable cause either.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

According to this report, the brothers were arrested first then the apartment was raided:

The men were picked up by officers at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday after returning to the city from their native country of Nigeria. On Thursday, police served a search warrant at their home.

Two men arrested in Jussie Smollett case are released 'due to new evidence,' police say

So it seems to me that perhaps the police learned something from the brothers that allowed them to obtain a warrant to search their premises.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Makes sense now. That is what i had backwards.

Their lawyer claims that asking why they choose to go to nigeria after the attack is a valid question to the events.

I feel a little safer now knowing i had that detail wrong. thanks

edit on 16-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

The circumstantial evidence against Smollett is adding up to a pattern of behavior. The fact that Smollett has since hired a criminal defense attorney leads me to believe that he believes he is about to face potential charges.

That is a summary of my thought processes on this.

Not looking good for Smollett hiring a defense lawyer. They also raided Smollett's home. The only evidence I heard they're telling us about so far is more bleach found at Smollett's.

I'm thinking maybe the three had it planned and choreographed but the two friends backed out last minute. Just a guess. Even if they ratted him out, why would the CPD let them go if they were in fact part of it? Wouldn't they be charged the same or similar charge as Smollett? That is if in fact Smollett gets charged. Which is why I was thinking the pair may have backed out and left Smollett to perpetrate the hoax on his own or that's what they're saying to the police. IDK
edit on 16-2-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Guy has a lot of me mental problems.

Being part of the hollyweird industry alone makes people go crazy from the things they witness and from things they are offered in exchange for money.

Add that to his personal choices.

The media and hollyweird may tell you what your doing is right. But it wrong and it eats at these people daily until they have a break down.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
LOL 🤣

BREAKING: Nigerian Bros Purchased the Rope Found Around Jussie Smollett’s Neck From Ace Hardware – Smollett May Have Paid Them to Perform Scheme

Fox 32 reporter Rafer Weigel said Saturday afternoon that Chicago police sources confirmed detectives were able to show that the Nigerian brothers who were “persons of interest” and questioned by police, bought the rope found around Jussie Smollett’s neck at Ace hardware.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Seems Smollett is connect to Kamala Harris.
Bet he gets nothing more than a slap on the wrist, if that much.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Snap! Even CNN is now saying he paid those two guys to set this all up...

Snap

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He'll get away with a slap on the wrist. Couple weeks later no one will remember or care. Lesson not learned. Again. The attention span of a gnat. The caring of a soul-less automaton. Nothing changes.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Snap! Even CNN is now saying he paid those two guys to set this all up...

Snap[ /quote]

Watch CNN forget about all its previous reporting on this case......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join