It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Smollett Orchestrated Attack, Sources Say

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
CPD insiders say Cook County State's Attorney is ready to issue arrest warrants 😎

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

According to this report, the brothers were arrested first then the apartment was raided:

The men were picked up by officers at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday after returning to the city from their native country of Nigeria. On Thursday, police served a search warrant at their home.

Two men arrested in Jussie Smollett case are released 'due to new evidence,' police say

So it seems to me that perhaps the police learned something from the brothers that allowed them to obtain a warrant to search their premises.

This probably explains Smollett's reason to not handing over all his phone records. Idiot probably called those two multiple times on his own phone.

Use a burner phone Jussie.......

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

lol, I know right? Years ago when I used to be a drug addict, my wife would always asked why I had 3 phones. I told her it was for work.

It's 101 criminal etiquette, but do you really expect anything less from these people?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Even if they ratted him out, why would the CPD let them go if they were in fact part of it? 

You know how much more information you can get when you say, "I just want to hear your side of the story. I'm not here to arrest anyone today or charge anyone with any crime. Noone is getting in trouble today. I just need to learn what happened. I need your side of the story" .

And it's true. They don't charge anyone or arrest them that day. They wait and take the information to the DA and then a judge who issues a warrant within a couple days.

And depending on what they did or didn't end up actually doing, they might skate. It's not a crime to buy rope for your neighbor and leave a noose in an alley, for instance. You'd have to prove they were participating in the hoax. And if they backed out, they'll probably get a slap on the wris or stern lecture. I'm not sure Smollett gets much more than a slap either, sadly.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I'm not sure Smollett gets much more than a slap either, sadly.

I'm not sure...he went down the path to make it a hate type crime...

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As more of the story came out it sure seemed to point to Larry, Moe and Curly working together. Funny how you can take the dumbest idea in the world and get more than one person to agree its a good idea. I guess stupidity loves company as much as misery does.

edit on 16-2-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Great post. Been there done that. My first and only response has always been and will always be "attorney". It has saved my ass a couple times.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

twitter.com...

CPD spokesperson - Smollett is no longer considered a victim in this case.
Jussie Smollett's lawyers deny he planned attack after Chicago police claim he's no longer considered a victim in case
edit on 17-2-2019 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

looks like those brothers who were detained and questioned actually bought the rope that was around jussie’s neck...

Its almost like the FBI and CPD had more information than you did. who would have thought?
edit on 17-2-2019 by SamWells because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Why do people do things like this?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Who are "these people"?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Jussie tweeted this just a couple days before the "white powder" threatening note showed up at Empire set.

Jussie Smollett ‏ Verified account @JussieSmollett Follow Follow @JussieSmollett More

Frauds are everywhere y’all. Protect the mind, heart and spirit of you and your people at all costs. Just remember... Salt, coc aine and anthrax can all appear to be sugar...(the “refined” kind of course) just be careful out here fam. Happy Sunday. Love you. Real talk. Love on.

twitter.com...

He should be facing a federal charge for sending himself fake anthrax, and a hate crime for the fake attack.

Why does he get to lawyer up and negotiate with officers and not just get arrested like regular folks? Reminds me of OJ Simpson treatment. Would be funny if we see a "white bronco" suicidal Jussie type chase next!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SamWells

looks like those brothers who were detained and questioned actually bought the rope that was around jussie’s neck...

Its almost like the FBI and CPD had more information than you did. who would have thought?

I thought that and is the reason i have waited to deem anyone guilty. Sorry i did not join your lynch mob.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: SamWells

I thought that and is the reason i have waited to deem anyone guilty. Sorry i did not join your lynch mob.

It's ok I'm sure jussie has you covered

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I am glad it is ok with you.

I gotta do it now....

Why would the police not press charges at this point if they have anything other than a couple nigerians saying whatever they are told in order to not be deported. The police have the nigerians phones so why now would the police claim they still need jussies phone.

If we had someone trained in law enforcement they would likely back me up here in that if the police had any evidence via a text or something of that sort implicating jussie then they would be getting a warrant right now or sooner and go and get jussies phone.

It is not adding up still unless they are just taking it easy on jussie.

All i can take away is that the police have no evidence that jussie paid anyone other than the word of the two nigerians else they would take proper action.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

If we had someone trained in law enforcement they would likely back me up here...

Not a very good attempted appeal to authority there.

They haven't issued an arrest warrant yet because they're waiting to interview Smollett again, this time as a suspect rather than as a victim. Giving him some more rope to see if he hangs himself again.

Chicago police said Sunday they're still seeking a follow-up interview with Jussie Smollett after receiving new information that "shifted" their investigation of a reported attack on the "Empire" actor. The trajectory of the investigation "shifted" after detectives questioned two brothers about the attack and released them late Friday without charges, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday.

He said police reached out to Smollett's attorneys to request another interview with him. Guglielmi said Sunday the interview hadn't been conducted yet.

Chicago police want to speak to Jussie Smollett again about alleged attack on him

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

They haven't issued an arrest warrant yet because they're waiting to interview Smollett again, this time as a suspect rather than as a victim. Giving him some more rope to see if he hangs himself again.

Reading between the lines here...If they had physical evidence other that the word of two people facing deportation on gun charges and attacking a man then the police would not do a voluntary interview.

If they had enough evidence to convince a judge then they would have jussie phone right now. We can assume there are no text implicating jussie because if there was jussies statements would not be necessary to prove anything.

Either they are taking it easy on jussie or they do not have evidence.

Let's keep in mind that the rope was found in the apartment so we know for sure now the two done the crime. It appears they are trying to point the finger at jussie but have nothing to back that up in the form of physical evidence.

Basically he said she said.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It appears they are trying to point the finger at jussie but have nothing to back that up in the form of physical evidence.

That's because it's an on going investigation and they don't release evidence to the public. I'm sure they're scrutinizing bank transactions and if payments were made in addition to whatever they have collected from the apartment.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

According to this report, the brothers were arrested first then the apartment was raided:

The men were picked up by officers at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Wednesday after returning to the city from their native country of Nigeria. On Thursday, police served a search warrant at their home.

Two men arrested in Jussie Smollett case are released 'due to new evidence,' police say

So it seems to me that perhaps the police learned something from the brothers that allowed them to obtain a warrant to search their premises.

This probably explains Smollett's reason to not handing over all his phone records. Idiot probably called those two multiple times on his own phone.

Use a burner phone Jussie.......

Bigger idiots if he thinks they dont have access to the logs and actual information from the phone carrier directly.

He bigger hope he doesnt have Alexa, lol

He should try "Alexa, did you snitch on me"?
edit on 18228America/ChicagoMon, 18 Feb 2019 09:18:33 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It appears they are trying to point the finger at jussie but have nothing to back that up in the form of physical evidence.

That's because it's an on going investigation and they don't release evidence to the public. I'm sure they're scrutinizing bank transactions and if payments were made in addition to whatever they have collected from the apartment.

Then we will likely see some action taken against jussie.

Presently it looks possible that the two are trying to save their skin based on what is known to the public.

I believe that if the twos phones had any information pertaining to the payoff or planning then jussie would be detained right now while they do financials and such.

Simply knowing someone does not prove their innocence cause the majority of crime happens by people known to victims.

The two are actors and models for ski mask.....They could have pulled this off cause they were mad at jussie just as easy as jussie could have paid them to do it.

I will admit that if the police changed their focus from victim to perp then they are lawfully bound to have more than just the he said she said stuff and the public is not privy to it yet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join