It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos still cool?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

IMO Nope.. These days, we see chefs that look like girly bikers, with florescent arm sketches, and you think.. what a pretentious wanker...

and in sports, like women's football, there they are, covered in tatts.

My tatts are watermarks I will not forget.. sigils to save me from myself.. not art. I wear them for me..

astonishing the number of times idiots ask me "what does that mean?"..

Show ponies are gumbies..

edit on 14-2-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Some are cool, some aren't. Easy enough.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and make the claim that anyone who looks down on people with tattoos isn’t cool.

I look down on people with tattoos, but also I am definitely not 'cool' so I suppose your statement is accurate. I stopped trying to be cool during high school.
It shows

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

My brother-in-law has turned himself into a pop symbol billboard.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Never had one, don't want one - so totally agree with your sentiment.

You are also right in saying how prevalent they are these days. I am one of less than handful of people i know (fom all walks of life) without a tattoo.

The only (slight) plus i see these days is that at least there are far less Tasmanian Devils tattooed on people's arms than you used to see - just what was that about?

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Back in the day, we all thought Fonzie was a total bab a**, and would be totally scared of him.

Today, people would think he is either gay, basic, metro, or ultraliberal.

Pretty much everything that happened to Fonzie, happened to tattoos.

How strange things have turned out.....

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: YesTodayTomorrow
Each to their own.

Diversity of skin and mind - is the colour of the world.

I'm in/from a tatt-less family - yet I have designs in the drawer for when I'm drunk enough to go for it...

I don't wear jewellery either. uuhhh I am soo dull.

I remember those days lol

But... Warning you now. BAD IDEA. You're going to bleed like a gutted pig. Alcohol and blood don't play well together.

Personally, for me... It's about how I feel about MY tats. They're not for everyone else. They're for me. For the 'real' people who get ink, it isn't about showing it off or looking pretty. It's a personal thing. Very personal. I could give two $#!^$ about what people think about what's on my body. If they don't like it, they don't have to get one.

Sadly, today it's a fad. Can't wait to see how many people are going to regret them in 5-10 years when they really fade. I think I'll get into the laser tattoo removal biz. It's going to be huge soon. I'll give it 3 years tops! All these little tatted up suicide girl hotties are going to go ballistic!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Nothing worse than barb wire and tribal tattoos.
Soooo 90’s lol

Yeah? You like that new modern stuff do ya? That stuff that will be so 2010's in 20 years? You do know ink is permanent, right?? Unless you want to go through that painful not full proof laser surgery...

If you're serious about the statement you just made, you should be ashamed of yourself. You wouldn't be the kind of person I would hang around or have a beer with. That's a pretty low statement. I don't have either of them myself but it's the point that matters.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

My tatts are watermarks I will not forget.. sigils to save me from myself.. not art. I wear them for me..

So much this. my tats are for me and no one else. I think only 2 or 3 other people have seen mine because they are personal, not for bragging or showing off but for core tenets (Thanks Gothmog) of how I like to interact with this reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join