It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are tattoos still cool?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Each to their own.

Diversity of skin and mind - is the colour of the world.

I'm in/from a tatt-less family - yet I have designs in the drawer for when I'm drunk enough to go for it...

I don't wear jewellery either. uuhhh I am soo dull.
edit on 13-2-2019 by YesTodayTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Bluntone22

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and make the claim that anyone who looks down on people with tattoos isn’t cool.

Some folks? Well, let's just say they were out some night and said, "Hold my beer ..." I have a hard time respecting that type of tattoo.

My cousin did this. He was out with his buddies getting drunk and he decides to get a badass tattoo. He's 6' 7" and extremely athletic so there's really nobody who can talk him out of something if he wants to do it.
We'd all heard about it so I said I wanted to see it. Well, he got a teeny little blue dolphin on his right shoulder. I'm not kidding this thing is barely an inch long and on his shoulder it looks more like a mole or weird birth mark. Now 25 years later it's a blue blob and yes I still give him crap for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Because you stated the majority of people are not tatted. That would be basic me. ?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Nothing worse than barb wire and tribal tattoos.
Soooo 90’s lol

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and make the claim that anyone who looks down on people with tattoos isn’t cool.

I look down on people with tattoos, but also I am definitely not 'cool' so I suppose your statement is accurate. I stopped trying to be cool during high school.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sometimes i tattoo my legs when i am bored, i just make Scythian writing and symbols, and so on, also have scarification patterns,

But are they cool? i do not know or care, i have them because of spiritual reasons, and all is hidden, but if i live to be 70years, gonna tattoo my face.

Also if they develop a safer way of inking eyes, would be sweet, i hate it when all those bastards catch a glimpse of my soul when i am out and about.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Tribalism is a curious thing, especially among white middle class Mainstream Americans. In many tribal cultures body modification and tattooing was a rite of passage ritual.

When I see a WASP with a tattoo of a ferocious beast I always wonder what was the impetus to chose such an image.

Is there a message, is it a cry for individuality in an increasing depersonalizing culture.

My grandmother said the human body is the temple of God and you don't spray paint a church. However I know a priest with a cross tattooed on his forearm and the words Veritas lux meta on the back of his hand.
edit on 13-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i don't have any, nor piercings, nor fake hair. lol

i don't mind them, tho.

my brother has the most horrid tattoo on his arm of his daughter when she was a baby. it's pretty big and in color. we laugh our asses off everytime it's exposed. his wife didn't talk to him for a week she was so upset.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Thanks for that. Someone once told me it was the
Bible and I just went with it. Now I know and it makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No, they are not cool and have been out of style since the mid nineties. It is far more "cool" to respect one's body and not have any tattoos or body modifications. When trends become mainstream it is the death of said trend. We are only witnessing such levels of tattoo degeneracy because it is the end of the fad. Unfortunately this fad took way too long to die. Wish it could have been as quick as fidget spinners.

The new trend is tattoo removal which is booming.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secret555
No, they are not cool and have been out of style since the mid nineties. It is far more "cool" to respect one's body and not have any tattoos or body modifications. When trends become mainstream it is the death of said trend. We are only witnessing such levels of tattoo degeneracy because it is the end of the fad. Unfortunately this fad took way too long to die. Wish it could have been as quick as fidget spinners.

The new trend is tattoo removal which is booming.

Tattooing has been practiced across the globe since at least Neolithic times, as evidenced by mummified preserved skin, ancient art and the archaeological record. Both ancient art and archaeological finds of possible tattoo tools suggest tattooing was practiced by the Upper Paleolithic period in Europe. However, direct evidence for tattooing on mummified human skin extends only to the 4th millennium BC. The oldest discovery of tattooed human skin to date is found on the body of Ötzi the Iceman, dating to between 3370 and 3100 BC. Other tattooed mummies have been recovered from at least 49 archaeological sites, including locations in Greenland, Alaska, Siberia, Mongolia, western China, Egypt, Sudan, the Philippines and the Andes. These include Amunet, Priestess of the Goddess Hathor from ancient Egypt (c. 2134–1991 BC), multiple mummies from Siberia including the Pazyryk culture of Russia and from several cultures throughout Pre-Columbian South America.

Yep... just a fad.

I have ink from my upper collarbone to my ankle on my right side. Including a full right chest piece.

It is a documentary of my life.

My "tribal" tattoos are representative of my Tribe.

I find it odd that people care so much about what someone does to their own body.

I guess next someone will be unhappy about who I have sex with...

Although it seems my lovers find it sexy.

edit on 13-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

So what exactly did I say that triggered you?

I asked if the trend will end or not.
And I suggested you get quality work done so you won't regret the decision..

If thats offensive to you the artist must have used a short needle to get through your thin skin.

Oh well, don’t worry about it, I’m with you. I don’t like them. The odd one done in dark ink on a dark skinned man is ok. Bright colours are ugly. On women especially ugly.

The thing is, they just cause you to judge. It can’t be helped. It’s like a giant label that says judge me. Imo

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: schuyler

So what exactly did I say that triggered you?

I asked if the trend will end or not.
And I suggested you get quality work done so you won't regret the decision..

If thats offensive to you the artist must have used a short needle to get through your thin skin.

Oh well, don’t worry about it, I’m with you. I don’t like them. The odd one done in dark ink on a dark skinned man is ok. Bright colours are ugly. On women especially ugly.

The thing is, they just cause you to judge. It can’t be helped. It’s like a giant label that says judge me. Imo

Much like your post just did for you....

LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I dont judge the person with the tattoo.
I do judge the quality of the artwork.

If it's bad I'll tell you it's bad.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Our first kid was stillborn, and my husband and I both got a memorial tat based off their astrological sign. People generally start apologizing profusely and promptly STFU while slinking away very embarrassed for opening their fat mouths when I explain after them scoffing at it and asking "Whyyyyy?"

Don't ask why unless you're willing to eat crow.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Also, and this is just a personal idea no one other than my husband is ever going to see, not even in swimsuits since I wear swim shorts and not briefs, etc.

Some day, I want an antique world map done, I adore maps. I want a hemisphere on each ass cheek. I do not owe anybody an explanation, other than the cheeks match up with the globe end of it. Failing that, it'd be a panel across the upper back.

I'd also love to get a carbon molecule done. I know it seems cliche, but after we're dead & done & back to being dust, carbon is what we are at heart.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i think if i ever got tatted i would have to to a full sleeve or two full sleeves and chest.

Solo tats just don't do it for me.

Also I'd rather the girls i date not have tats. I like clean skin.

You don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari, you know?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves"

Just posting.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

You know what is cool and rare, to have completely ink free skin, no weird piercing, and natural hair.
Now tell me how many people have that?

ahem ... cough, really? I always thought so too

but 'back then' in another life, I already had too many 'unique identifiers' without adding a 'unique tattoo' which would've been like "two factor ID" lol

Life's strange ....
edit on 14-2-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: aww man, dayyum, idk, Life's Strange

edit on 14-2-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: duh!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

When I was young I remember guys turning 18 then going to the Pike in Long Beach to get a tattoo 99% of the time they were drunk as hell,my fear of needles and the fact of putting something on I may regret later ,and I have several scars from surgery my own kind of tats,those I had no choice how ironic in a way

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join