It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing video... real or fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Right....

So we need to search for any written record of this UFO incident... I really guess that if this footage has got to the Net, then some brief comments have also reached some pages... On the way searching, anybody with new info is welcome!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I could swear that this video was in 'UFOs: The Best Evidence Ever Caught On Tape' hosted by Johnathen Frakes. That show had some of the most amazing footage you will ever see. I'm not talking videos that have been rehashed over and over, I'm talking clear footage that will blow your mind. I've been searching for a copy of this program, but to no avail. I either saw it on Sci-Fi or Fox a couple years ago. If anyone can find it please let me know.

Oh yeah.......that looks real to me. Maybe there's an abduction in the process.

Peace

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How? There seems to be nothing to go on here to even follow up on.
If anyone can find another source for this video that actually says something about who submitted it, where it was taken, etc. then we'd have something... Without any of that, I'm not even sure where one would begin a search.....

I either saw it on Sci-Fi or Fox years ago. If anyone can find it please let me know.

I've actually seen the video clips used, online... Unfortunately at least one of them is a pretty big hoax (i.e. the one using the Star Wars Escape Pod model, as I pointed out in another thread recently). I'll let you know if I find a link...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Completely different video...this isn't the Phoenix Lights case

Actually video clip one is the same clip being discussed here.

I'm starting to lean towards road flares on the hill behind the building.

Several of the clips show the hill in daylight.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.realufos.com...

Try this site, doesn't require logging in

[edit on 1-3-2005 by HopelesslyGullible]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Actually video clip one is the same clip being discussed here.

Damn this dark monitor at work...so much better at home... Still looked different though..will look at it again...

EDIT: The video in the first post of this thread is not the same as the one on the report site. (such as the June 14th video). I've looked at several other videos on this report, and can't seem to find one matching the video in the first post of this thread.. If possible, please indicate which one is supposed to be the same clip...thanks!

abum.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
In fact the link i provided was about the differents signtings occured in Phoenix during june 2004.

The video we are talking about has been filmed by Rob Kritkausky, webmaster of www.worldblend.net..., in august 19, 2004.

Found a couple of websites about the video:
www.jerrypippin.com...
www.rense.com...

[edit on 1/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
www.worldblend.net...

is the same as

abum.com...

Only larger

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
look on the left sidebar of the worldblend site that is where all the links to the vids are.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ok...in regards to the link I shared....an article as to rather or not this is the real deal can be read, written by someone who professionally deals with video manipulation and alterations.
He said the only way this could be fake is if the Twin Towers were also added onto the film (something to do with the pixels!). An interesting note though, is it has been verified that the video is 20 seconds of non-stopped filming, meaning there was no, stop, start to this film at all. The only way something like this could be forged is from a professional studio with a high end budget for producing this very film.

Now....the girl claiming to be a hired actress on the film stating that it's all fake, could be deliberately misleading due to pressure place on her or her family to keep silent.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
You all seem to be very excited by this video
but it could easily be a fake. It wouldnt take alot to ceate this video and the disc shape could even be an illusion such as lights behind some trees.
in no way am i a skeptic because i have seen several objects in the sky that i could never explain but this video could be easily done by anyone who knows anything about computers or imaging editing.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
You can't be serious? Man, you are the biggest miss info guy on this board hands down and most of what you say is such utter BS it's hard to believe you are not doing up these posts without some agenda, how did you get mod privs?

I believe he is serious... and this video fails several important tests.

To me, the "object" is at an angle that implies it's something with lights, sitting on an interior object, and reflecting against a picture window (with the camera operator inside). This is a typical 'trick" of UFO hoax videos. The angle and stationary nature of the "object" certainly fits this possible explanation. If you take a screen-grab, and increase the contrast/brightness, it does appear as though the "object's" lights are slightly reflecting on a surface just below it (where the streetlight has no such artifact).

Also, where would we be if we blindly accepted anything that might be a UFO? I'll tell you where, nowhere. "UFOlogists" are their own worst enemies as the ABC News special made painfully clear. As a group of people who want to prove extraterrestrial visitations, it is incumbent upon us to subject everything to the most rigorous skeptical analysis possible. Unless we do that, we're just lunatic crackpots to the rest of the public.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

www.worldblend.net...

is the same as

abum.com...

Only larger

Thanks for clarifying, as the first video I clicked on was completely different, just didn't get to this one....thanks. I wanted to see what commentary was connected to THIS particular video...here...

It was just a few short days after making this determination that this footage was shot (8/19/04) directly over the site in about 30 mph winds. (video 1) Despite the winds, this object holds its shape and seems to have structure when examined closely. This object is about 60-70 miles from Goldwater Bombing Range and is actually hugging some hills in North Phoenix. It has been examined by several sources and has been described by some as being one of the best UFO videos ever captured. Not being familiar with the field of UFOology, I cannot make such a determination. However, it has me quite perplexed, as I have no conventional explanation for what these lights could possibly be.

As you can see, it is described as "hugging some hills"... So even the commentary affirms a hill.

The daylight videos of the area (on the same site) also confirm the hills in the area...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yep... that larger version shows a lot more details of that disk shaped UFO, it is no doubt that it's an alien craft.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

Ok...I live in this city and personally witnessed this to some degree.. although I didn't see the object I did experience the power outage, (which was strange in itself).

The sky lit up orange, (I personally heard NO sound associated with it), then the power would go out for exactly 30 seconds, and come back on. This happened 3 times during the early morning hour and once around 7;30 in the morning.

It left me feeling incredibly anxious. My bfriend said that could be due to Magnetic Pulse something or other, and that this craft could have been using our power lines (source) for some other purpose.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I should note, I'm NOT talking about the Phoenix Lights case in general here, JUST the one video clip (the initial one in this thread)....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Also, where would we be if we blindly accepted anything that might be a UFO? I'll tell you where, nowhere. "UFOlogists" are their own worst enemies as the ABC News special made painfully clear. As a group of people who want to prove extraterrestrial visitations, it is incumbent upon us to subject everything to the most rigorous skeptical analysis possible. Unless we do that, we're just lunatic crackpots to the rest of the public.

SkepticOverlord, we certainly wouldn't be at ATS now would we. Maybe you and I aren't reading the same threads, but I would say that everything here regarding UFOs and Aliens is immediately debunked by 95% of the members.
Like I said before, because the government won't admit that it's real and few scientists are willing to stick their necks out, everything is easily debunked. If you want to hang your hat on that, go ahead. At the rate we're debunking absolutely everything we see, we won't know the real truth until it's too late.
I don't know if you think you're helping the cause of truth by being overly skeptical, but IMO you're hurting it. The "crackpots" you refer to are actually the tip of the sword, and you can bet they will be the ones to force disclosure, not spineless scientists and politicians.

Peace

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord, we certainly wouldn't be at ATS now would we. Maybe you and I aren't reading the same threads, but I would say that everything here regarding UFOs and Aliens is immediately debunked by 95% of the members.

And a good 80% or so probably DESERVES to be debunked.

If we take everything at face value, and proclaim "look, it's a spaceship!", and then are proven (beyond a reasonable doubt) wrong, then instead of helping UFOlogy, we've hindered it even moreso.... THIS is why we must eliminate the plausible before leaping to the fantastic.

Even well-meaning UFOlogy groups make this mistake (just look at the Disclosure Project's endorsement of Billy Meier for example). If you want to make a valid case for UFOs being alien spacecraft, then you must present evidence that isn't so flimsy (and there is PLENTY of good solid evidence).

Man, I want to believe a given video is the real deal more than most I'd wager, but we've got to eliminate the other explanations first, and THEN we can let it stand up to scrutiny.

The bottom line of course, is that if even ONE single incident is correct as a craft from another world, then wow...we've got the single most important event in the history of man. I think there is plenty of evidence out there to support that it's happened, and still happens. But that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING presented as evidence for it is correct.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by d1k
You can't be serious? Man, you are the biggest miss info guy on this board hands down and most of what you say is such utter BS it's hard to believe you are not doing up these posts without some agenda, how did you get mod privs?

How can ANYONE who seriously spends time on the alien board or considers themselves an avid or at least hobbyist researcher of UFO/ETI think that Gazrok is a misinformation/disinformation agent?

Really? I mean let us think this over with only two braincells rubbing together:

Look at the concise efforts that gazrok goes through to prove, as best as can be proven, the Roswell incident.

Look at the nature of any so-called debunking done by him, it's not just a jumble of words. Do you even read what's written? It sounds logical to me.

You can't act as though a stauch proponent for ETI/UFO phenomenon is just a "no-account debunker" when they contribute more to the proving of UFO incidents and the existence of ETI than most of us even care to....

Where's the logic? Or if not logic, where's the common sense of such allegations?

This isn't the first time either, so don't think I'm singling this guy out, it just finally motivated me to say something.

Thanks for your time.

X

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, thanks for the defense, hehe.... I'll be content to simply let my efforts in proving the UFO phenomenon stand on their own. If someone wishes to think me a "debunker" in spite of all that....well, it certainly is their right, but I do wish they'd at least read some of my posts trying to MAKE the case FOR alien visitation first...

Hopefully, you'll never see me state something like "oh, that's fake", etc. without further qualifying it. In this case, I've stated my OPINION (which is FAR from the end all be all on anything) and then backed it up with WHY I believe it isn't video of an extra-terrestrial craft. (i.e. such as my original hunch that it was something on a hill, then the further evidence of hills in the area, and notes that the "object" seems to be stationary.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join