It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing video... real or fake?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You should know I'm a believer, but we've got a perfectly still "object" here... The only motion is that of the camera, and he's either epileptic, or moving the camera on purpose to generate the effect. Right there is the first clue of deceit.

I shot this footage and at the time I was very much a non-believer, you should know. Can we just take a quick look at the logic being employed here? Camera Motion = first clue of deceipt Let me intoduce some alternative reasoning and this may seem crazy, but here we go:
Filming in a storm with 30 mph winds = Camera motion when zoomed.

We are past the "Is it real" stage concerning this footage, it's been anal-ized. In fact, we are well into the "What the hell is it" stage and have easily ruled out things like brush fires, as they usually require fuel, which isn't readily found floating in mid-air. I hope a conventional explanation is found for this event, unfortunately it currently lies in the catagory of "Unidentified", a fact that I don't care too much for. I'll post some daytime footage shot from the same location later today. In addition, note that this was filmed for over three minutes in the SKY without any perceptable motion.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Wow, good to hear from you WorldBlend. As you've probably guessed by my previous posts in this thread, I'm still completely open to the idea that this footage is real. What did you think of both sides of the argument?

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Wow, good to hear from you WorldBlend. As you've probably guessed by my previous posts in this thread, I'm still completely open to the idea that this footage is real. What did you think of both sides of the argument?

Peace

I agree I is good to have you here.

I think the footage is real myself, however unlike some here,(not you specifically Dr. Love) I don't think that just because the object is unidentified, that it is an alien ship.

There is lots of footage and photos that can be classified as U.F.O. s , but some people seem to think that just because there is no explanation as to what it is, that it is an alien ship. The most I would say this clip is evidence of is that there are UFO's.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

[edit on 9/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

In addition, note that this was filmed for over three minutes in the SKY without any perceptable motion.

I thought there was more to the footage than the 20 or so seconds we have seen. Would it be possible to make the rest of the footage available?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
posted in wrong thread sorry

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace

I agree I is good to have you here.

I think the footage is real myself, however unlike some here,(not you specifically Dr. Love) I don't think that just because the object is unidentified, that it is an alien ship.

There is lots of footage and photos that can be classified as U.F.O. s , but some people seem to think that just because there is no explanation as to what it is, that it is an alien ship. The most I would say this clip is evidence of is that there are UFO's.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Short on time, but wanted to give you this new link which may clear up some issues.

www.worldblend.net...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Worldblend

Short on time, but wanted to give you this new link which may clear up some issues.

www.worldblend.net...

Worldblend, that's definitely a bombshell of a video. I, for one, didn't see any hills, or anything else for that matter, in the background. Man, this thread is about to start blowing up again!!!!

Where are you Gazrok? Where are you Indigo-Child? Where are you Skeptic Overlord? I want to hear your opinions.

Peace

p.s. Hey Worldblend, was this video part of the UFO special called UFOs: the best evidence ever caught on tape, hosted by Jonathan Frakes???

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Indeed, that does clear up some issues, thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

www.worldblend.net...

Indeed, and NOW we can rule out the issue of a hill. Hopefully, you'll understand how your commentary regarding the video on your site, would lead to the idea of a hill being there...(re-read it as an unbiased observer, and you'll see what I mean).

So, we're back to Unidentified, as in what the hell is it then...???

You said you filmed it for over 3 minutes. Did it suddenly appear, or was it there when you noticed it? When it disappeared, how did it do so? What is beyond the trees over there, is it possible it was some kind of promotional balloon, or something for a car lot? These answers may help us along... Thank you.

Where are you Gazrok?

I have no problem re-evaluating my opinion when new evidence is introduced...
With the facts at hand upon my first ideas of it, it was a sound conclusion.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dr Love,

If it is not on a hill, it is what I suggested, a computer generated model. The fact that it is completively stationary would support that.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

We are past the "Is it real" stage concerning this footage, it's been anal-ized. In fact, we are well into the "What the hell is it" stage and have easily ruled out things like brush fires, as they usually require fuel, which isn't readily found floating in mid-air. I hope a conventional explanation is found for this event, unfortunately it currently lies in the catagory of "Unidentified", a fact that I don't care too much for. I'll post some daytime footage shot from the same location later today. In addition, note that this was filmed for over three minutes in the SKY without any perceptable motion.

I have two questions for you, and depending on how you answer them, I am willing to change my views.

1. Why did you only film the "ufo" for a few seconds. Why did you stop filming? Now, you are saying you filmed it for 3 min. Where is the rest of the 80% of the footage

2. Why did you zoom out and walk back at the same time, and why is this accompanied with a whooshing sound.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Indigo_Child, your "computer generated model" theory is whack!!! Sooner or later you're gonna start backpedaling so hard that you're gonna break your legs. We asked, and Worldblend provided, although we're still waiting for his answers to your and Gazrok's questions.

C'mon people, what do you think now????

Peace

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

C'mon people, what do you think now????

Depends on the answers to the questions...

Worldblend seems to be fairly thorough in his documenting of this, so I just hope this includes a followup trip to the location in question the next day to see if there was anything there, that day, that would account for what was seen....

I have gone from object on a hill, to "unexplained" based on the new evidence...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why did you stop the video just when it was getting interesting? Did the ufo move around any or did it just sit there?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In addition, note that this was filmed for over three minutes in the SKY without any perceptable motion.

Seems it was stationary the whole time, so that is why I asked...
How did it appear?
How did it then disappear?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

I have two questions for you, and depending on how you answer them, I am willing to change my views.

1. Why did you only film the "ufo" for a few seconds. Why did you stop filming? Now, you are saying you filmed it for 3 min. Where is the rest of the 80% of the footage

2. Why did you zoom out and walk back at the same time, and why is this accompanied with a whooshing sound.

#1) I did not only film it for a few seconds....did not stop filming. I can post an extended version, but posting 3 minutes of video makes for a large file, which limits the number of people that will view it, as many people don't have the patience to wait that long to watch a video.

#2) I have no idea what you are talking about here other than I agree that I zoomed in and out, which proved to be quite beneficial in the analysis, as this enabled us to detect what looks to be two streams of energy spiraling up from the lights. As for wooshing, I believe the wind will blow on its own terms and does not give a care for what particular act of filming I may be doing at the time.

A model?.......come on. This whole thing has been anything but a blessing for my career and to think I would go to such lengths to generate problems for myself makes no sense. Skepticism is a great tool, but this tool is only useful when it is powered by logic and I don't see that as being the case here.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'de like to see the whole video.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

#1) I did not only film it for a few seconds....did not stop filming. I can post an extended version, but posting 3 minutes of video makes for a large file, which limits the number of people that will view it, as many people don't have the patience to wait that long to watch a video.

I would like to see the entire video then, if you don't mind.

2) I have no idea what you are talking about here other than I agree that I zoomed in and out, which proved to be quite beneficial in the analysis, as this enabled us to detect what looks to be two streams of energy spiraling up from the lights. As for wooshing, I believe the wind will blow on its own terms and does not give a care for what particular act of filming I may be doing at the time.

I have played it over and over, and it is not a wind, it's a sudden "whoosh" exactly at the moment you zoom out. It's somewhat similar to the sound the USS enterprise makes when it goes into warp. However, I would like to see the complete footage, before I make any further comments.

It would be pretty arkward to be zooming out, while moving backwards simultaneously. To then have a sound with that like a "whoosh" puts up a red flag the size of China. However, I am reasonable and open-minded, so I will give you a chance to explain yourself.

For your information, I am a firm believer in alien and contact. I am only being skeptical, because it's logical here.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

I would like to see the entire video then, if you don't mind.

2) I have no idea what you are talking about here other than I agree that I zoomed in and out, which proved to be quite beneficial in the analysis, as this enabled us to detect what looks to be two streams of energy spiraling up from the lights. As for wooshing, I believe the wind will blow on its own terms and does not give a care for what particular act of filming I may be doing at the time.

I have played it over and over, and it is not a wind, it's a sudden "whoosh" exactly at the moment you zoom out. It's somewhat similar to the sound the USS enterprise makes when it goes into warp. However, I would like to see the complete footage, before I make any further comments.

It would be pretty arkward to be zooming out, while moving backwards simultaneously. To then have a sound with that like a "whoosh" puts up a red flag the size of China. However, I am reasonable and open-minded, so I will give you a chance to explain yourself.

For your information, I am a firm believer in alien and contact. I am only being skeptical, because it's logical here.

The act of being skeptical is a logical one, of that there is no doubt. The error here rests in its application, not in its presence. There is no backing up...the only woosh you can possibly be talking about is the woosh of a car passing to my right.
Should I spend my limited time here answering logical questions, or answering to statements like "its not real cause it kinda looks like the Millinium Falcon" (Does it?) or "its a model because it doesn't move".? I know what I would prefer.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Worldblend, can you answer the questions I posed above?

1. Did it suddenly appear, or was it there when you noticed it?
2. When it disappeared, how did it do so?
3. What is beyond the trees over there, is it possible it was some kind of promotional balloon, or something for a car lot?
4. Did you check it (the area behind the trees) out in the daylight the day after?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join