It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: U.S. Is ‘Native Land’ for All Latinos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

Ha! I'm glad I hold no permanent political affiliations with any of the sides...just sit back and watch all the back n forth. The truth be known? Everyone is wrong and everybody is right....depends who's talking! In this regard....she's right...on only a single point.

From below the horn in S. America, up past Central America, past the United States, then past and beyond Canada...both called "North America"....all are the "America(S)". South, Central and North.*

Other than that fact, it's surely that she's plain bat-s--t-crazy!!! I see a major breakdown in her future. Sooner than later....

*Yeah, I'm part Cherokee and Chickasaw...so, I'm native too. So?
edit on 9-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: Coffee

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

She's got to be a plant by the Trump administration to embarrass the democrats.

NO ONE is that stupid in real life!

Except there are college campuses full of the same mentality. Why do you think libs invest in education.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

That does not bode well for maintaining a society if the trend deepens much more.

I forget what they call them but they have a growing population of men that even in their 40s are virgins and never dated.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ah Ha... She's showing her subliminal mindset....

the Cortez part of her psychological Ego/Self

the famous Hernan Cortez 1485-1547
Cortez was the Spanish conquistador who conquered Mexico.
Cortez was born in Spain.
At the age of 19 he sailed for Hispaniola.
With Diego Velazquez he conquered Cuba and settled there until 1518 when Velazquez appointed him to lead an expedition to Mexico. With his force of 700 men he landed on the coast...

...his force of 700 men -> went on to conquer or genocide the native peoples of the Americas -->

Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro Altamirano, Marquis of the Valley of Oaxaca was a Spanish Conquistador who led an expedition that caused the fall of the Aztec Empire and brought large portions of what is now mainland Mexico under the rule of the King of Castile in the early 16th century. Cortés was part of the generation of Spanish colonizers who began the first phase of the Spanish colonization of the Americas.

of course she will deny that she harbors such elitist notions that her ancestors conquered the Aztecs & Mayans, etc.

edit on th28154973138209562019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

I always wondered why the Spaniards get a pass. They act like all South Americans are native direct descendants. What about the toxic masculinity of the culture that is even inundated in the language.

Why does the EU get a pass in any of all this... they killed 100+ million in the Americas, created slave trade, wiped out whole civilizations, dominated whole cultures around the world, rape pillage and destroyed routinely...

And everything is blamed on the bastards that fought to get away from them...

Lol

edit on 9-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Strewth!

Forgive my ignorance here if I'm wrong. Maybe it's what I was taught but I was under the impression that Latino were descendants of the Spanish. (1600's?)

Isn't Latino derived from 'Latin'.

Got me stumped.

Kind regards,

Bally

Yes, you are correct in your understanding but it seems that she is working of an education from TV/media over the last 30 years which has muddied the waters as to the true meaning of the word - it has become a bastardized meaning to include all kinds of mixed races who originate from Latin america - which doesn't make it accurate or correct by any means, but try telling that the the democratic voters who know no better.

There are also many people descended from natives of Latin america - the original "Indians" of that area - many of them are much darker skinned than "Latino's" descended from the Spanish and Portuguese and there are even blacks that fall into this category. The proper term, IIRC, is Mestizo, which usually means someone mixed with "Indian" and Spanish/Portuguese blood. Some countries include African blacks in the mestizo category as it is determined regionally.

As far as Latino, it should have absolutely ZERO to do with the right to emigrate to the US. I am at a total loss as to what this person is thinking and wonder where she learned this or who is telling her these things.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

In the way.

Dammit I'm going to do 23 And Me and when I come up 1% Neanderthal someone owes me land!!

edit on 9-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

As far as Latino, it should have absolutely ZERO to do with the right to emigrate to the US. I am at a total loss as to what this person is thinking and wonder where she learned this or who is telling her these things.

Central America has a huge amount of African mix too since they were brought there as early as the 1500s and 10,000s built the canal.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So we are in the business of sending people to various countries on the basis of ethnicity now?

Isn't that the reinforcement of an ethnostate?

Do the democrats, or atleast AOC, realize they are alt-right conservatives?

Aren't Latins an overwhelming ethnic majority across NA and Central America? Declaring they have a manifest right to the land over other people sounds a bit Father-landy.

What happens to the people of mixed race, with roughly 20% of each? Are those people without a homeland? Is purity testing going to be the basis for who has the right to live where, or anywhere?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wait! Didn't AOC publicly announce that her ancestors were descendent from Sephardic Jews from Spain just a couple of months ago?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why does the EU get a pass in any of all this...

The Winner of the 1898, Spanish American War (~3 months long) was the 45 United States of America & they get to re-write/sanitize their history & conquests...that's why the EU gets a pass, but white male Europeans (as US citizens) get pummeled

while thinking about the AOC brainfart about North America reverting back to the Latinos from the Spanish Empire...
i got to rethinking the whole premise of her statement -> It's All about the 1898 War where the USA took over Phillipines, central & south America territories from the colonizing Spanish in that 3 month War... ACO wants all that returned-overturned

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

The Winner of the 1898, Spanish American War (~3 months long) was the 45 United States of America & they get to re-write/sanitize their history & conquests...that's why the EU gets a pass, but white male Europeans (as US citizens) get pummeled

Wait what??? Like what has happen in every war for the last 20,000 years, like how just about every border in the world has been established? If we really want to go down some dark path then all of Americas is owned by the Chinese since they came across the Bering Straight 15,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Wait! Didn't AOC publicly announce that her ancestors were descendent from Sephardic Jews from Spain just a couple of months ago?

We need a 23 & Me I think...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

denying Genocide of the Natives in the now Mexican territory

pathetic, not surprising, but still pathetic

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
That was my very first thought. With all the hoopla about "racism" and racists supposedly everywhere, why is no one calling this statement out as blatantly racist?
edit on 9-2-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That's obvious from our immigration situation...

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ha! I'm glad I hold no permanent political affiliations with any of the sides...just sit back and watch all the back n forth. The truth be known? Everyone is wrong and everybody is right....depends who's talking! In this regard....she's right...on only a single point.

From below the horn in S. America, up past Central America, past the United States, then past and beyond Canada...both called "North America"....all are the "America(S)". South, Central and North.*

Other than that fact, it's surely that she's plain bat-s--t-crazy!!! I see a major breakdown in her future. Sooner than later....

*Yeah, I'm part Cherokee and Chickasaw...so, I'm native too. So?

Not sure where you got the idea that I'm anti-native; my kids are part Cherokee. And for the record, I have no permanent political affiliation either. My point earlier was that even if her statement was legitimate (in which case, I say again, "Ireland, you have to let me in! I'm descended from you!" lol), we'd only be talking about very small parts of the U.S.A. Because while Latinos are descended from a mix of natives and Spanish, we're talking about groups who lived primarily in Mexico and Central America, not the natives who populated the bulk of what's now the United States of America. That was all.

In any case it's still a ridiculous racist statement and she needs called out on it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well, I have no details at all about my dad. And it is a violation of my rights to have some company like 23 and Me tell me who I get to be. So, this is basically like gender... I can choose my own heritage. Maybe I'm a mix of everything.

So, in this new society we are creating, I'm basically Jesus. I can go anywhere. OMG I'm Google Jesus!
edit on 2/9/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Amen

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: bally001

Strewth!

Forgive my ignorance here if I'm wrong. Maybe it's what I was taught but I was under the impression that Latino were descendants of the Spanish. (1600's?)

Isn't Latino derived from 'Latin'.

Got me stumped.

Kind regards,

Bally

Me too. Actually, I was taught that Latinos are the descendants of the Spanish and the various native tribes of Mexico, Central, and South America that they overwhelmed and all but wiped out when they "migrated" to the Americas. Ergo, by Cortez's logic all Latino "migrants" should "migrate" either to the areas where their native forebears originated (probably the country where they currently reside) OR to...Spain. Have fun, EU.

I wonder if she is descended from this Cortez.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join