It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocasio-Cortez: U.S. Is ‘Native Land’ for All Latinos

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Most Americans have a tiny bit of indigenous DNA.
However, the Latino populations have the most, by leaps and bounds.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
its pretty funny we have an article celebrating trump for trolling liberals, then right under that you have this thread trolling conservatives and conservatives getting trolled hard.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

All Latinos have a race-based right to migrate to the United States, Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Thursday. “We have to have … respect for the right of human mobility,” Ocasio-Cortez told a press conference on Capitol Hill. She continued, “It is a right. We are standing on native land, and Latino people are descendants of native people. We cannot be told and criminalized simply for our identity or our status.”

Nope. No more than Pakistanis have a right to migrate to Norway.

By extension, Little Ms Genius would probably claim that everyone living in Spain can just waltz right in and demand right to vote and free handouts - because Latinos are related to them. But Europeans are probably not woke enough.

I WONDER if all this love for Latinos has ANYTHING to do with the Democrats hunger for more voters. If it was possible, they would probably like everone in the entire world to be able to vote in American elections - as long as they were woke enough to vote for them. Just imagine how much the Democrats would win if everyone in China voted for them.

Some days I'm very happy to not be American - it must be a mad house over there.
edit on 10-2-2019 by Uberdoubter because: Tidying up.

edit on 10-2-2019 by Uberdoubter because: Quote trouble.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Just imagine applying AOC's model to Asia, Africa or the Middle East. or Russia and Eastern Europe. Like I said sounds exactly like Hitler about Austria and so on. Are we gonna see a return of Ottoman Empire? the Mongols?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PainfulTruth
It doesn't matter. Whites on this continent are learning what happens when you try to settle a foreign land. You're being integrated into the existing population. There is a constant flow of Latin blood flowing from the south.

Does anyone remember that south Park episode? That's what will happen. In the end every race will be mixed in together. In the future, whites will exist only in Europe.
You sure about that ? Reading the crystal ball the reconquista gave you?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Good point, as of now they have given their power over to a secular government (one that's likely controlled by the lineages of the same people the caused the turmoil) that are over forcing immigration to cause turmoil in their land. They're practicing martyrdom to empower their controlling force righting them of their wrongs, if only those pesky Brits would fall in line.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
And the rest of the Democrats are not going to think that what she is saying is that she and other Latinos are better and have more right to be here .
Will she say that black people should not be allowed because they were brought here?
Because that's what it is sounding like.
La Raza means “ the race”, and they mean exactly the Latino race. But again, it is known that the Spaniards from Europe mixed with the natives and the Moors from
Africa mixed with the Spaniards so... everyone pretty mixed up. But Soros wants Open Borders so his darling new little protege is priming the pump of unfettered mass migration.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

So according to the left, if you are an American of European decent and you are loyal to this country because your ancestors have lived here for generations, fought and died in wars to preserve the country, and built a huge modern country out of a wilderness, you are all lump summed into being an evil WHITE SUPEMICIST. But if you are Latino, you are entitled to live here anywhere on the continent simply by virtue of YOUR ETHNICITY AND SKIN COLOR? Isn't that just another form of supremicism? Is she really even approaching being THAT stupid? It boggles the mind.

edit on 10-2-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
latinos are from the americas, white people are from europe. ethnicity and nationality are very different.

I'm confused...Latinos are 66% European white...So do we just pick what we want to be our ethnic background?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is insane

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: magnetik
latinos are from the americas, white people are from europe. ethnicity and nationality are very different.

I'm confused...Latinos are 66% European white...So do we just pick what we want to be our ethnic background?

The Latinos who can afford to have their genetics tested are 66% European. And Latino is simply a code word for "someone from the Americas whose first language is Spanish."

There are multiple types of Latinos. The wealthy are almost always descendants of the Spanish conquerors because they came here with all the resources and enslaved the indigenous people. You can find some among this group who are almost pure Spanish (if you did a genetics test.)

Then there's the "los Indios"; the original inhabitants... Cherokee, Apache, Pueblo, Sioux, all the Californian coastal peoples (including the Chumash) and Texas tribes who were enslaved and given menial jobs (including sold as sex slaves.) This group started at rock bottom in the society and seldom had opportunities to get into positions where they could accrue a lot of wealth. They're still here and they're mostly Native American DNA.

The Cubans are considered Latinx -- they're descendants of the Carib tribes and African slaves (this is where most of the African blood comes in) and the Spanish and Portugese slave owners.

With the increased mobility in society after the desegregation laws came into effect, meaning that the former enslaved peoples have had a chance to get better jobs and accrue more wealth than was possible earlier.

You can see similar things all around the world... the problem of the Australian Aborigines, for example, or the Ainu in Japan. Hawaii's another good example of this. Each of these groups of people want the same kinds of chance at education and wealth and political power as the Caucasians (who killed them, enslaved them, and took their land) have.

"But Caucasians did that to each other" I hear you retort. Yes, but there's no racial distinction... a British Celt could pass for a Roman (and did) in the right clothes. No matter how you dress them, most Hispanics can't pass for Norwegian. And the inequality is based on distinct physical markers that laws (the Jim Crow laws here in the US) say mean that they can't fully participate in society.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought America belonged to the Russians now?

It's what the MSN has been screaming for almost half a decade.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

"But Caucasians did that to each other" I hear you retort. Yes, but there's no racial distinction... a British Celt could pass for a Roman (and did) in the right clothes. No matter how you dress them, most Hispanics can't pass for Norwegian. And the inequality is based on distinct physical markers that laws (the Jim Crow laws here in the US) say mean that they can't fully participate in society.

As we move forward in the 2000s distinction is less and less. True white supremacist is actually a small number of people and they typical are that way based on life failures they want to blame others for, so they are inconsequential in the big picture. The population is changing too and Jim Crow days are pushing 60+ years now, so more and more limits in life are based on only personal actions...
edit on 10-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good luck trying to take it back. I welcome a civil war. Its long overdue and Im ready. Are you?

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nah,, we paid perfectly good glass beads for Manhattan.
we're not giving it back.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I was born in America, what does that make me?

What does that make the Spaniards who basically mixed all their blood with everyone south?

Eventually, if Cortex Disabled has her way, you, (me too) must be deported to make way for those she speaks of.

She will call it "The Trading Places Act".

I'm happy to face deportation to Ireland or Northwest Europe, thanks for the free ride

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Like I said-- why isn't this being called out as straight-up racism?

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

So by that logic a lot of people in America are entitled to emigrate freely to Scotland !

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Whatever has happened to that "my family is decended from Jews" girl we heard from just before Hanaka?

I don't mind someone being confused about their heritage, I just expect them to make some effort to get it straight.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Alt-left progressives say we talk about Cortez because we're afraid of her. But she is literally the epitome of idiocy. She doesn't think about anything she says. The best thing about her is that half of the democrats hate her and with no Republicans or Independents liking her, she poses no real threat.
edit on 11-2-2019 by LSU2018 because: double word deleted

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join