It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If MAGA is a symbol of hate...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

but in the let's fix our damn country first way.

I'm open for that; what do you suggest.

Bring all our troops home and close our foreign bases. I feel our military should be used to defend our homeland, not fight random never-ending wars for everyone else. Make our allies boost military funding to help us keep the world in check instead of doing it all ourselves basically. Then use all that money saved from the military budget to rebuild the US. 6 Trillion has been wasted blowing up people in the middle east. We could've fixed the homeless issue we have here in the US, rebuilt our infrastructure, doubled our funding for all social programs, and fix healthcare.

Of course I agree with all that but on the other hand as a devout pragmatist; I also realize that WAR is a business with corporations, contractors, subcontractors, weapons mfgs, and trump as a businessman wouldn't dare buck that systematic money pit. I saw the pentagons dark side when I was in the military, and that is a monster that no politician wants any part of. Americas military is holy ground and the WAR on TeRRor will never end. Follow the money.

I worked on this show...See how we glorify the military in the media?

www.youtube.com...

Yea, I did follow the money and Hillary was in the pockets of the corporations far more than Trump. On top of that, Trump campaigned on a lot of what you just mentioned unlike Hillary hence my vote for Trump.

Can't watch your video right now, but I was in the military at one point and was in charge of supply for my division (small potatoes I know). I remember having to order typical office supplies (pens, pencils, etc) from a specific vendor charging outrageous prices, so I think I get what you're referring too. Way to much waste in military spending and I'm sure there is corruption as well but wasn't exposed to that. Just the gouging of our taxpayers for everyday things I could've bought at the local supermarket.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

trumps entire campaign revolved around "build the wall" along the US/Mexico border....Mexicans have everything to do with MAGA

That ONE item of about 100 is to secure our southern border due to the rampant illegal immigration that has been going on now for a long time. Not to mention human trafficking, drug trafficking, sex trade, slave level laborers... so on and so on.. A wall is just a physical barrier to slow down the trafficking to facilitate the other parts of border security... Nothing more or less..

So once again why do you see this as some kind of racist thing?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

My point, because it is subjective, just because "you" or someone else may have a vision of "Great America" other people have the experience and vision of a time of Native Genocide, War, Slavery etc

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well not banned, but removed from unwanted places. For example, I wouldn't want a Hitler statue in my town square. Yet, I would love to see one in a meseum.

I'm totally against banning, and hardcore parts of the left are definitely going overboard in these areas. However, that should not wipe out the more rational concerns.

The right often uses the minority extremist left as an excuse to dismiss the majority of the left who aren't extreme. I do admit that the left isn't good at calling out the extreme views.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Sure, America has definitely declined in those ways. Was MAGA's plan to reverse time? Trump for time machine!

edit on 29-1-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Take away the msm propaganda machine telling them what to think, and they wouldn't even give it a second thought.

Another one that fits the current political climate

edit on 29-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
MAGA = My Attorney Got Arrested

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
a reply to: chr0naut

RACIST!!! How dare you!

It's RED which is considered offensive in many religions...

WHY would you belittle everything down to a singular color when humanity is a rainbow of beauty and spirituality?!

Source:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What is the symbol for hypocrites?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Arguably, Huxley is superior, especially in predicting a more accurate dystopia

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"Never argue with an idiot... onlookers will not be able to tell the difference."

Ol' Mark Twain (or Mencken, Carlin, etc.) never gets too old to be relevant, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Good point. What the @#%& did Obama was so bad that we needed "Hope" OR "Change"? Why change anything if its so #$&@ING PERFECT???

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, a large part of "MAGA" is selfishness, discrimination, and marginalization of minority groups (Hispanics, Muslims, LGTB*, etc) while stoking fear of "the other," the other being those groups.

That's the problem with MAGA.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Unfortunately, a large part of "MAGA" is selfishness, discrimination, and marginalization of minority groups (Hispanics, Muslims, LGTB*, etc) while stoking fear of "the other," the other being those groups.

That's a fantasy you guys have been telling yourselves for years now, believed only by sheer force of repetition.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No, that is what people are being told it is.
Show us an example of each of those alleged meanings.

Anti illegal immigration is not racist.
Follow the law and it's not a problem.

Anti jihadist is not racist either, all jihadists are Muslim, yet not all Muslims are jihadist.

Legal immigrants who want to come here are welcome. It's when ILLEGAL aliens are pushed to front of the line, and given amnesty that is the problem.

Why reward people for breaking the law, while punishing those who follow it?

The laws exist for a reason. We can't decide what laws to follow, we aren't politicians after all...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RustyNailer

This, is the symbol for hypocrites;

Also, if it weren't for double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all.
edit on 29-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: Because it needed it

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RustyNailer
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What is the symbol for hypocrites?

Check the mirror...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The thing about MAGA is, you can't broadcast a selfish message and then advertise a selfless relationship. Anyone doing business with america has gotten the distinct impression that we care ONLY about our own welfare, even if it means stepping on everyone else.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That's pretty cool probably the dumbest thing I ever read but keep trying Adolf

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Interesting, I know some lefties that fit that exact definition more so than some of the conservatives I know. Of course if your label maker says its true, it must be. At least you're not judgmental of those that may not agree with you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join