It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If MAGA is a symbol of hate...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

na sorry mate, doesn't work like that. if you're not going to do anything to change the way the group you're affiliated with is perceived then you have no grounds whatsoever to criticize what that perception is.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I see a lot of insecurity in this thread.

And as soon as I read something like "the left is illogic, the leftists are stupid" these are sentences of projection, of trying to keep those same statements away from your "side".

The people identifying as "left" do not care.

I do not know if I care about MAGA, as there is no real pre-defined space in us-american political spectrum for me, so be great or not be great, that depends on the values of Greatness hidden behind this slogan.

What are those values, what would make America great again?

Be a bigger hegemonial wanna-be-ruler than now? Yeah, thanks no.

Going back to the 80s? 70s? no, not the 60s, those I think are not at the core of the Greatness this slogan brings in the heart of followers. The 50s? Really?
No projection, the left is dumb as F.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley

And as soon as I read something like "the left is illogic, the leftists are stupid" these are sentences of projection, of trying to keep those same statements away from your "side".

I do not know if I care about MAGA, as there is no real pre-defined space in us-american political spectrum for me, so be great or not be great, that depends on the values of Greatness hidden behind this slogan.

Going back to the 80s? 70s? no, not the 60s, those I think are not at the core of the Greatness this slogan brings in the heart of followers. The 50s? Really?

Yeah that’s what I’m seeing too.
The VAST bulk of the left (like upwards of 99%) is dumb as F.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
Some folks, not many but a simple few, seem to decry the slogan "Make America Great Again" as a form of hate speech.

To those very few people I'd like to point out that if we are to accept that as true, that MAGA is hate speech, then we must extend that same logic, if we are to be logical, to the slogan "Hope and Change".

If America was already great, why would we Hope for Change? If Making America Great Again is hate speech, surely Hoping America Changes is hate speech as well.

But again, this is only true if we approach things logically. If we are illogical, well then it doesn't really matter as being irrationally upset, frustrated, and simply lashing out to lash out is the natural order of things when logic is ignored; which I think is the case for those few that deem MAGA as some sort of hate speech. Thankfully there's not many illogical folks that have lost their head in that regard, though even those few seems like too much.

"MAGA" isn't hate speech in and of itself. It is the outcome of such a message and how it is received that is the problem.

Case in point: Trump ran (successfully) on the slogan, "Make America Great Again". It resonated with voting public. That slogan, however, begs the question: Make America great for whom? People of color? Women? The LGTBQ community? The poor? Because, America has never been great for any of those constituencies. Therefore, we can conclude that the slogan was directed to white men who continue to hold positions of power in this country.

Flip side, let's look at this: Colin Kaepernick took a knee during the playing of the national anthem in protest. His message was no different than Trump's. "There is something wrong with the country that needs to be fixed" was the heart of his message. One man is elected President, the other is out of his profession forever. Same message, different outcomes.

This has to do with race, and to say otherwise, is to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the reality of the situation.

Trump has a right to his slogan. So does Kaepernick. To side with Trump is to side with the wrong side of history.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Liberalism strives to keep the country anchored down in poverty, deplorable behavior, filth, the gutter, "let's see how LOW we can go, and then fk'ing CELEBRATE AND PARADE IT." Those traits CLEARLY aren't "great." Liberalism is a CANCER when it comes to IMPROVING a country.
edit on 30-1-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: MConnalley

Yeah that’s what I’m seeing too.
The VAST bulk of the left (like upwards of 99%) is dumb as F.

And you're a genius for making this post.

Partisan politics never play out well.

Forest for the trees: Left Wing, Right Wing...

Same bird.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Liberalism strives to keep the country anchored down in poverty, deplorable behavior, filth, the gutter, "let's see how LOW we can go, and then fk'ing CELEBRATE AND PARADE IT."

I'm not a "liberal", but I have to point out that what you have posted is not in any way, shape, or form true.

If you really believe what you wrote, please...by all means, prove it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird

Liberalism strives to keep the country anchored down in poverty, deplorable behavior, filth, the gutter, "let's see how LOW we can go, and then fk'ing CELEBRATE AND PARADE IT."

I'm not a "liberal", but I have to point out that what you have posted is not in any way, shape, or form true.

Your head is in the sand and incapable of OBSERVATION?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Unfortunately, a large part of "MAGA" is selfishness, discrimination, and marginalization of minority groups (Hispanics, Muslims, LGTB*, etc) while stoking fear of "the other," the other being those groups.

That's the problem with MAGA.

Unfortunately, a large part of the anti-MAGA is adults throwing dollar bills at a 12 year old stripper. Thats the problem with antiMAGA.

Just to show you how accurate it feels for someone to lump you in with the lunatic fringe.

When you use phrases like "a large part", you can say almost anything you want. A thousand people standing in front of your house sure seems like a lot of people, but its not even a half of a half of a percent of the MAGA movement.

I mean, you really need to define what you mean by "a large part" or else your just kind of whining without putting forth any substance. Is it a thousand? 25%? About half? More than half?

Just how much of the MAGA movement is

selfishness, discrimination, and marginalization of minority groups (Hispanics, Muslims, LGTB*, etc) while stoking fear of "the other," the other being those groups
?

You could just say "a large part of humanity is selfishness, discrimination and marginalization of minority groups (whites dont count though even if they technically are a minority in many regions) while stoking fear of The Other, the other being those groups. THATS the problem with humanity." and it has about the same effect as what you said. So should we just give up on humanity since "a large part" of humanity is a "problem"?

Also, you seem to be avoiding the big WHITE elephant in your statement... You make this statement about MAGA, but then you have these suposedly marginalized groups which are also a part of MAGA. I guess thats why you said "a large part". What you really wanna do is bash on whitey, but you substituted "a large lart of MAGA" as a sort of code word.

Why not just say "Unfortunately a large part of MAGA is white. That's the problem with MAGA." ? That's what you really mean...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

"OBSERVATION?!?" My head is well above the sand, and you cannot support your stance. If you can, then by all means, please do so. As I posted before, "I''m not a "liberal", but I have to point out that what you have posted is not in any way, shape, or form true".

Again...please provide evidence for your assertion.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: watchitburn

na sorry mate, doesn't work like that. if you're not going to do anything to change the way the group you're affiliated with is perceived then you have no grounds whatsoever to criticize what that perception is.

I better see you at the next LGBT Pride parade, as a chaperone to make sure the young children on display are not exploited again. You know, like how a young couple going to a dance might require a chaperone to make sure they don't get Too touchy feely. Some school staff might be walking around with a ruler to ensure people are dancing with enough space between them, no cuddling on the dance floor! Yeah I think we need someone to keep an eye on the openly proud pedos on the Left.
edit on 1/30/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

What if that perception is just propaganda narrative with no substance. That is the way it is these days, you disagree with something then all you do is label and the debate is not on the topic at hand but the label.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Deplorable behavior, filth, the gutter, "let's see how LOW we can go, and then fk'ing CELEBRATE AND PARADE IT."

"OBSERVATION?!?" My head is well above the sand, and you cannot support your stance. If you can, then by all means, please do so. As I posted before, "I''m not a "liberal", but I have to point out that what you have posted is not in any way, shape, or form true".

The actions of liberals speaks for itself. You're BLIND to their actions, that you need "proof" of it? You don't observe the actions of liberals or something? The truth hurts THAT bad, that you're playing dumb, pretending to be blind, and dedicated to being naive? LOL, evidence??? Yeah, it's called their BEHAVIOR. You're asking me to "prove" their behavior -- when they do it THEMSELVES for ALL to witness?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Deplorable behavior, filth, the gutter, "let's see how LOW we can go, and then fk'ing CELEBRATE AND PARADE IT."

The actions of liberals speaks for itself. You're BLIND to their actions, that you need "proof" of it? You don't observe the actions of liberals or something? The truth hurts THAT bad, that you're playing dumb, pretending to be blind, and dedicated to being naive? LOL, evidence??? Yeah, it's called their BEHAVIOR.

Bravo. You provided nothing even close to evidence in you response.

Are you familiar with an "Ad Hominem" logical fallacy? How about a "Straw Man" fallacy? You are guilty of both.

Like I posted previously, you have no evidence.

I can, however, engage just like you do:

BLIND!!! You are SO BLIND! Truth hurts, don't it?!? BEHAVIOR! IF I TYPE IT IN ALL CAPS, THEN I OWNED YOU!!!!!!

Just stop it.
edit on 30-1-2019 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The actions of liberals speaks for itself. You're BLIND to their actions, that you need "proof" of it? You don't observe the actions of liberals or something? The truth hurts THAT bad, that you're playing dumb, pretending to be blind, and dedicated to being naive? LOL, evidence??? Yeah, it's called their BEHAVIOR.

Are you familiar with an "Ad Hominem" logical fallacy? How about a "Straw Man" fallacy? You are guilty of both.

BLIND!!! You are SO BLIND! Truth hurts, don't it?!? BEHAVIOR! IF I TYPE IT IN ALL CAPS, THEN I OWNED YOU!!!!!!

Just stop it.

I can't open your eyes for you. You're in denial. Start looking around and observing sh** for yourself, instead of relying on others to do it for you. You want PROOF? Look around.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Just stop it.

I can't open your eyes for you.

My eyes are wide open. Have been, for a LONG time.

Provide evidence.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Just stop it.

I can't open your eyes for you.

My eyes are wide open. Have been, for a LONG time.

Provide evidence.

LOL, proof of liberal's behavior? Their behavior is the actual PROOF. Simply observe their behavior. You have trouble observing or something?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

immaterial. if there is a perception of your group and you don't like it, then you have to actively get out in front of it and work to counter it. Yes, that's a lot of hard work, and it's not as fun as shouting on the internet, but in the real world, that's what it takes.

i mean, look at it like this: what would change people's perception of the MAGA stance more?
- if you all got up and turned out to anti-racism events, got involved in grassroots community organising, shared your time and your skin and were generous and kind to the poor and queer and people of colour
OR
- if you shouted on the internet more about how you're not racist because actually the left is fascist [not accusing you specifically of this, but i've seen a loooot of MAGAs doing it]

a reply to: 3n19m470

genuinely at a loss as to what sort of analogy you were tying to make here. seemed like you started out going for some "practice what you preach" stuff but then you veered hard into some odd bigotry... i mean, i get it, calling me out when you have no idea how much activism i do in the flesh would have been a really monumentally stupid move but wow dude you really crashed the post didn't you?

a reply to: Kromlech

i'm actually extremely keen to hear what these abhorrent lows we're supposedly celebrating are.... i am in no way shape or form a liberal but i am undeniably [dirty rotten filthy] scum and i have a bingo card right here for just such an occasion

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s a simple slogan for the simple minded. Most of which are bigoted racist scum. a reply to: GenerationGap

I guess you just called yourself out on this one. People of color voted for him too. Pot meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: RustyNailer
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What is the symbol for hypocrites?

Check the mirror...
I think we all need to. No one is perfect. Everyone is a hypocrite about something. Now more than ever do we need to check ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join