It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escalating Cartel Violence Near the Border - Democrats Endorse it Spilling Over Into the U.S.A.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of antiwall people saying if we need a wall to the south we need one to the north?
Are they serious?
The entire population of Canada could hop the border and it still wouldn't be as many as has already come across the southern border.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

Plus, Canada is not a narco state like Mexico, nor is it crime-ridden and full of deeply corrupt officials all across government.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: queenofswords

HOLY SMOKES!

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Air Force detailing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s use of United States Air Force aircraft for Congressional Delegations (CODELs).

According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol.
Source: www.judicialwatch.org...

That's a lot of Perignon and Beluga.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Everyone has been working hard on border security, specifically the Southern border, and funding it, for years before Trump came along.

Figure it out.

Not too hard on it..with what 20 million here...lol BTW they just touch it and do not really do much. If they cared they go after businesses that use them too.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I don’t care.

You should care...our security is not working very well, and the message we put forth to the world is one that tells them all to come in the first place.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: chr0naut

Step by step. I heard someone on one of the programs today talking about the multi-layers of the immigration problem and how we need to take things step by step.

Everybody remember what happened to Ronald Reagan when he gave congress what they wanted with the promise they would pass comprehensive measures to secure the border. Ha!! 3 million illegal aliens got amnesty....then nothing of any consequence for border security.

Regan was President from 1981 until 1989. Have a look at staffing levels for border security. Do you imagine that none of them get paid? Also compare the Southwest agents numbers compared to the rest. Border Patrol Agent Nationwide Staffing by Fiscal Year - US Customs and Border Security

Now, there are over 25,000,000 illegal aliens here.....once again.

'Cause the highest actual estimate is 12.5 million.

Not true. Depends on who does the estimating, most have put the real number at around 20 million.

A New Study from Yale University Indicates there are 22.8 Million Undocumented Immigrants Living in the US

A new study authored by Yale University’s Dr. Mohammad Fazel Zarandi estimates that there are 22.8 million illegal immigrants in the United States. This is over double estimates compiled by the Department of Homeland Security, which claims 11.1 million illegal aliens live in America.

The paper’s abstract summarizes why Dr. Zarandi’s estimate is both higher and more accurate than the government’s own statistics:

nationaleconomicseditorial.com...

The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. is actually closer to 20 million, according to former Border Patrol agents who issued a letter this weekend disputing the count of 11 million that the government and most top private demographers use.
“The more likely figure is 18-20 million and rising daily,” Zack Taylor, chairman of the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers, Inc., said in an open letter dated Sunday.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Firstly, one study is not 'most'. It does indicate the emotional context of your response but it is clearly an exaggeration.

Although it could be possible that DHS are wrong, since their funding would be higher and more assured if there were more justification for their existence, I'd suspect that their figures are likely to have more credibility.

A single academic also has less oversight than a government department and the fame of saying something that is 'out there' is also an inducement to 'cook the figures' a bit (and has been known to occur frequently with academic papers).

DHS and Border Security are actually counting heads, rather than only applying statistical formulas onto already rubbery figures.

Also, Dr. Mohammad Fazel Zarandi is from Georgia Tech (in Atlanta, Georgia), not Yale (in New Haven, Connecticut) as was suggested in the article.

Additionally, an academic would publish error margins on a statistical paper, which are not mentioned at all in the article, so I would suspect that this article may not even be an accurate representation of his work.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Plus, Canada is not a narco state like Mexico, nor is it crime-ridden and full of deeply corrupt officials all across government.

I also love how they say ALL THE DRUGS COME THROUGH LEGAL PORTS because everybody knows the unguarded sections of the border are heavily surveiled and nothing could possibly get through a remote section.
REALLY?
So why all the cartel activity along the border? Why all the tire tracks and shell casings and evidence of shootouts and trafficking?
If I were a cartel smuggling through legal ports I wouldn't have war camps set up all along the border, it sucks out there. Too hot and too many snakes.
The wilfull ignorance is amazing

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Will a wall stop tunnels, boats and aircraft?

Wilful ignorance indeed!

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Wilful ignorance indeed!

Do you lock your door at night or do you leave it wide open?
A barrier WILL slow traffic, then periodic surveillance can detect activity. Cutting through barriers takes time. Digging tunnels takes time.
The way it is now all you need is a 4x4 and some spotters to watch for authorities.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

My point is, a wall, whilst it will help, alone won’t stop illegals and drugs getting in.

You need a whole lot more.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Truth be known, nobody knows how many illegals are here. It could be over 30 for all we know. You could probably take the low 12.5 and the high 22.8, split the difference and be close to accurate.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

My point is, a wall, whilst it will help, alone won’t stop illegals and drugs getting in.

I agree more is needed, but a wall is needed as a first line of defense. Tunnels remain undetected for a while in urban areas but are harder to hide in wide open desert environment. Going around is feasible but greater possibility of being caught, same for smuggling through ports, which is WHY 90% of seizures are happening there.
As I said earlier if those were the primary routes the cartels would not have war camps set all along the border. They are there because they are moving product.
The fact that so little is intercepted there just means they are less likely to be caught.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
At what point do the Democrats endorse it spilling into America?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Ahabstar

Oh, so those bodies were dumped in America then?

LOL, there is a wall there, so they don't just use us as a dumping ground. (walls work) Your country has a large barrier. A bit of water I think.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Have you looked into what has been proposed by Trump? (hint- it's more than just a wall, it's .........what you said)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: carewemust

We can fix that real quick....

One America...

Pay off the Mexican politicians now bribed by the cartels. Have Mexico declare a state of emergency and request US assistance by becoming a US territory then fix the cartel problem.

Build border fence between Mexico and Guatemala, Stabilize.

The US territory of Mexico would elect their own Governor and government, our FBI, ATF, DHS, Etc. will oversea and purge corrupt law enforcement and clean that crap up.

.....or we can just build a wall at the U.S./Mexico border and let Mexico worry about Mexico's problems. We have enough to deal with.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wilful ignorance indeed!

Will 40,000 or more come here on boats or aircraft? Also right now they can cross at will pretty much along 700+ miles and it takes them seconds to be on this side. Even with a ladder it takes time, they will have lines crossing all at the same point, and that is easy pickings for boarder patrol. Random crossings is not that easy even with drones. We can fly drones to inspect every inch of a wall about every 30 mins and it takes time to set up a crossing when you have a wall. Cross a 6 foots fence and they are in and gone quickly.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes but really how dangerous is a pissec off moose or sasquatch compared to morons with military hardware who may cross border while having a running battle between rival morons. Cartels are known to pack automatic weapons and other military ordnance like grenades and rocket launchers. What makes them so dangerous they do not care who gets caught in their crossfire.. I would much rather face a angry moose from a few hundred feet away than a gang war from same distance..

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Really? Oh, yeah; I recall this is part of the Democratic Party platform for 2020. (Sarcasm intended.) Just when you think you've read it all. How do people come up with these things?

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well no worry, we already have a fence/wall in that region of the border where needed.

Maybe you need to do research before you fear monger?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join