It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge reporting shutdown agreement reached

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think Trump just lost his base and 2020 with this massive cave in

Yeah, seems trump totally caved.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I think he'll just go ahead and sign the order, then say "OK, the wall funding is now fete accompli, go ahead and work out the rest of the funding."

edit on 25-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

but y'all dont think that.

Your boy caved.... second time this week.
and Nancy seems to be the common denominator.

If you think a temporary deal to get people paid that are genuinely unfairly suffering is caving then fine.

You get a win!!! Trump caved

For a while....

edit on 25-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I wouldn't say Trump caved at all, but rather playing a smart game of chess, and trying to keep all his pawns, and powerful pieces in play.

He'll get everyone (Government employee's) caught up in payment, then come the 15th I'm guessing he'll go for a checkmate.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

He could have done that just now he didn't.

He sold America out.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The President didn't lose anything. He reopened the government long enough to ensure federal workers get paid, but short enough to force another showdown in case he doesn't get what he wants. He comes out looking like the good guy for caring about Americans for both being paid/back paid and for security. Meanwhile Democrats take the blame for another shut down over simple border security and not caring if federal workers were paid or not. Not sure why everyone thinks this is the end of Trump (for the 50th time this term).

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

I wouldn't say Trump caved at all, but rather playing a smart game of chess, and trying to keep all his pawns, and powerful pieces in play.

He'll get everyone (Government employee's) caught up in payment, then come the 15th I'm guessing he'll go for a checkmate.

Siphoning military funds to pay for the wall is the checkmate? Boy I really need to brush up on my chess game.....

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I think a wall will absolutely work for what it is intended to do. It is intended to slow down anyone trying to cross the border enough so CBP can intercept them.

If you are going to pull out the old argument that it will not by itself stop everyone who ever tries to get through... it was never intended for that. I can get through a house wall with a piece of sandpaper given enough time. I wouldn't try it, because before I managed to get through, someone would see me and stop me.

You will notice that Trump specified sensor and drone technology as well... that's because the wall itself is only one part of border security. It may be (and is) a critical part, but it is not the only part.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AspiringSorcerer

I had a friend who used to tell me "sometimes you have to sleep with the fat friend to get to the hot girl"

He only slept with fat girls.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: XAnarchistX

I think a wall will absolutely work for what it is intended to do. It is intended to slow down anyone trying to cross the border enough so CBP can intercept them.

If you are going to pull out the old argument that it will not by itself stop everyone who ever tries to get through... it was never intended for that. I can get through a house wall with a piece of sandpaper given enough time. I wouldn't try it, because before I managed to get through, someone would see me and stop me.

You will notice that Trump specified sensor and drone technology as well... that's because the wall itself is only one part of border security. It may be (and is) a critical part, but it is not the only part.

TheRedneck

Weren't you just telling me how my idea of sensors/drones wouldn't work and we need a wall FULL STOP?

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh please, crime rates and governing parties have no correlation. The burden is on you to prove it.

Your argument is saying... If we were to put a republican in charge in Chicago all the sudden all the drug crime would just magically disappear by throwing all sorts of guns on the street. Hmmm... Guess what there are already plenty out there.. I'd wager to say the only way to stop Chicago murder rates is to legalize drugs and bring in additional tax revenue while making drug gangs obsolete. I'm sure the right would have better solutions to that problem.

link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I find that hard to believe.........

that you had "a friend"

link   

The ones who aren't going to jail you mean?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Damn, all that rhetoric by Donald was just nauseating to watch.

Especially when you consider he could have just as easily summed up his whole speech with 5 simple words.... which are, 'I concede to the democrats'.

link   

He keeps it shut he's a heartless, he opens it temporarily and he is weak and caved in, sound logic.

This is what is meant by TDS.

link   
Under state of emergency actions, nearly half a billion can be taken fron the federal funds for each House of Representatives office staff expenses as $944,671 is allocated for each of the 435 members of the House.

Get into office rentals and then add in the Senate and their expenses...well over $1 Billion per year. But someone can go for averages here

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Trump folded like a cheap suit. Welcome to your lame duck status Mr President.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Siphoning military funds to pay for the wall is the checkmate? Boy I really need to brush up on my chess game.....

Do you have any idea how much money the military flushes down the toilet every year? They'll be fine.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

...and he probably got a lot more action than you did. Your analogy actually works very well in explaining where your position is wrong here. You're expecting way too much and viewing anything that doesn't go exactly like you'd like to see it go as a total loss, abject failure. This is nowhere near as disasterous as you'd have us believe it is. That type of hyperbolic BS isn't helpful and actually makes you look too wishy-washy to be taken seriously where politics are concerned.

Trump did what he felt was best and what he felt he needed to do here. That's what we voted for him to do... use his best judgement. I continue to trust in it and am willing to see where this leads before I join you in the street, rending my garments and throwing fistfulls of dirt on my head.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Weren't you just telling me how my idea of sensors/drones wouldn't work and we need a wall FULL STOP?

Sit down before you hurt yourself.

I told you they wouldn't work without a wall to back them up. I never said technology was useless with a wall; I said it was useless without a wall. I have been calling for sensor technology since the argument began, just not for only sensor technology.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join