It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge reporting shutdown agreement reached

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

but y'all dont think that.

Your boy caved.... second time this week.
and Nancy seems to be the common denominator.

I wouldn't say Trump caved at all, but rather playing a smart game of chess, and trying to keep all his pawns, and powerful pieces in play.

He'll get everyone (Government employee's) caught up in payment, then come the 15th I'm guessing he'll go for a checkmate.

IMO, he only checkmated himself. The pain was finally getting people's attention. He had his maximum bargaining power. He threw it away. He is done imo. His loss means an end to freedom for Americans and sovereignty for America.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

but y'all dont think that.

Your boy caved.... second time this week.
and Nancy seems to be the common denominator.

I wouldn't say Trump caved at all, but rather playing a smart game of chess, and trying to keep all his pawns, and powerful pieces in play.

He'll get everyone (Government employee's) caught up in payment, then come the 15th I'm guessing he'll go for a checkmate.

Siphoning military funds to pay for the wall is the checkmate? Boy I really need to brush up on my chess game.....

Do you have any idea how much money the military flushes down the toilet every year? They'll be fine.

Hey man I feel like there is entirely too much money spent on the military, so if he's gonna take money from somewhere, then that's probably the best place to take it from. I doubt only a few hard core conservatives/Republicans/MAGA faithful will feel happy that the money had to come from the military though.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Did he concede or did he just win the 2020 election?

Seriously, getting all those people their paychecks might just bite the dems in 2 years.
Especially if those people notice the dems wouldn't even show at the negotiating table.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

The ones who aren't going to jail you mean?

Jail? lmao

If people honestly believe that powerful politicians will end up in jail, or for that matter even convicted, then I've got some really cheap beach-front property, in Florida for them.

These people are above the law, because of their money, power, and influence. The dirt they have on each other is something we'll never understand.

The first step to understanding the rules, if to be honest with ourselves, and the rules typically do not equally apply to powerful people.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Let them "Think"

It's dangerous enough 😎

Watch for EO 138xx

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Welcome to the 20%

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Wayfarer

Weren't you just telling me how my idea of sensors/drones wouldn't work and we need a wall FULL STOP?

Sit down before you hurt yourself.

Hey man, I'm not the one with the bum hip.
edit on 04pm19fpmFri, 25 Jan 2019 13:57:41 -0600America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jan 2019 13:57:41 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

That's pretty much how I feel. It's not the end of the damn world. It's a 3-week delay to give the Dems a chance to act like grownups and work this out. And as much as I ripped on how nobody cared that the government was shut down, they have bills to pay too. Trump made it clear he'll use emergency funding if he needs to.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

must have made quite an impression on you euros for you to remember that quote
I wonder how it will age in 3 weeks

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Welcome to the 20%

What?

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Did he concede or did he just win the 2020 election?

Seriously, getting all those people their paychecks might just bite the dems in 2 years.
Especially if those people notice the dems wouldn't even show at the negotiating table.

I'm wondering about this now. The Dems spent most of the shutdown banging bimbos in Puerto Rico, very plainly not caring about the federal workers, because it was more important to protect illegal aliens (and probably their bribe money from Mexican drug cartels). How do you think federal workers feel about the Dems now? They're the ones that got sold out, not us. I suspect that Trump didn't go to Mar-a-Lago during the shutdown for this very reason.

link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think Trump just lost his base and 2020 with this massive cave in

LOL where is his base gonna run to ? They can support whomever the only electable option is Trump.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My impression of the speech (before someone posts another ludicrous attempt at telling why walls don't work)...

I'm not happy. No wall at this time. Democrats get what they wanted, apparently in return for 8 Democrat votes in the Senate (enough to get through the cloture issue). No idea what the House is planning on doing, but Pelosi surely hasn't given me any confidence... she has done nothing but say "no" every step of the way.

I will be really disappointed if, come Feb. 16, when there is no progress on border security, Trump does not immediately issue a National Emergency Declaration and build the wall himself.

I just don't see what he is getting out of this 'deal,' but then again I am not sitting in that chair.

For those who are claiming such victory... yeah. You maybe got victory for you, but what about for the country? All you do is prove your hatred of the country which allows you the freedom to spread your venom.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Neither am I.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I will be really disappointed if, come Feb. 16, when there is no progress on border security, Trump does not immediately issue a National Emergency Declaration and build the wall himself.

He would be out of reasonable options at that time.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For the ones that think Trump caved on this.

Have you not learned that it's Trumps way or no way? If you don't think he has this all planned, you are fooling yourself. 4d chess remember? Keep in mind also, that if you are thinking he is not that smart, don't forget who all he beat to become president.

This is all part of the plan. He was not going to sleep at night with the thought of "gee, I hope Nancy and Chuck give in tomorrow."

Much more REEEEEEEEEEEEE to come.

link   
They always agree to temporary government re-openings just in case people wanted to know.

link   
DP
edit on 25-1-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

must have made quite an impression on you euros for you to remember that quote
I wonder how it will age in 3 weeks

He has made a huge impression, the biggest.....Our school kids tell jokes about him and your president is the laughing stock of the world. MAGA ya'll

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join