It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge reporting shutdown agreement reached

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthMuerte

IMO, he only checkmated himself. The pain was finally getting people's attention. He had his maximum bargaining power. He threw it away. He is done imo. His loss means an end to freedom for Americans and sovereignty for America.

Not really!

In chess, a master player will sacrifice what looks to be a powerful position, and a piece, because they can actually see the checkmate a few moves down-the-line.

I don't agree with many of Trump's policies, but he didn't become a billionaire, because he was an idiot.

Most politicians are there because they couldn't hack the private sector, nor would ever be able to financially survive there, hence they live like "Royalty" off the taxpayers, and lobbyist kick-backs.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Did he concede or did he just win the 2020 election?

Seriously, getting all those people their paychecks might just bite the dems in 2 years.
Especially if those people notice the dems wouldn't even show at the negotiating table.

I was thinking the same thing, as long as his ultra right wing followers realize he did all he could. Especially if he pushes it through with the national emergency act.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I will be really disappointed if, come Feb. 16, when there is no progress on border security, Trump does not immediately issue a National Emergency Declaration and build the wall himself.

I will grant this to the naysayers. I have zero confidence that the Dems were sincere in promising to negotiate funding for the wall, and Trump better be willing to sign the emergency order in mid-February. My patience is not unlimited.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think Trump just lost his base and 2020 with this massive cave in

LOL where is his base gonna run to ? They can support whomever the only electable option is Trump.

He just backed off on his demands and got thousands of people paid.
That will look pretty good to some people in 2020.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
your president is the laughing stock of the world.

...yet it is Theresa May who routinely fails and receives 'no confidence' votes from her own party in the UK. I somehow find your position, er... obfuscatory

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Seriously, getting all those people their paychecks might just bite the dems in 2 years.
Especially if those people notice the dems wouldn't even show at the negotiating table.

I was thinking the same thing, as long as his ultra right wing followers realize he did all he could. Especially if he pushes it through with the national emergency act.

Nobody can honestly say he didnt try to get a wall built.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

must have made quite an impression on you euros for you to remember that quote
I wonder how it will age in 3 weeks

He has made a huge impression, the biggest.....Our school kids tell jokes about him and your president is the laughing stock of the world. MAGA ya'll

Yeah, 'cause Theresa May is really knocking it out of the park right now

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

must have made quite an impression on you euros for you to remember that quote
I wonder how it will age in 3 weeks

He has made a huge impression, the biggest.....Our school kids tell jokes about him and your president is the laughing stock of the world. MAGA ya'll

most of our school kids couldn't name your leader, who is running the eu these days?
they probably couldnt name may either.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That's the point. If he doesn't get Congressional assistance and doesn't use National Emergency powers, then he will have folded. I didn't vote for him to watch him fold.

I understand why he wants Congressional appropriation. If he can use private contractors to build his wall, that's one heck of a boon to the local economies. If he uses a National Emergency Declaration, he'll likely need to use the military to do the building and those contractors will be out of a job. It's about the economy. I only hope he has the resolve to take the plunge should he need it.

I actually expect this to embolden Pelosi. It will surprise me if she gives anything now, even that $1 she offered in jest. The only way the wall gets past the House is if Democrats defect in spite of her. Possible, I guess, but I'm not very hopeful. The DNC is so far left right now, they'll start calling AOC a conservative within a month.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If he actually follows thru on his threat and signs the order, within 24 hours minutes not a single member of his base will care about this 3-week delay.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]Bluntone22[/post]

originally posted by: [post]putnam6[/post]

originally posted by: [post]norhoc[/post]
a reply to: [post]Bluntone22[/post]

I think Trump just lost his base and 2020 with this massive cave in

LOL where is his base gonna run to ? They can support whomever the only electable option is Trump.

He just backed off on his demands and got thousands of people paid.
That will look pretty good to some people in 2020.

Agreeing to a deal that was presented to him 35 days ago.

I mean- I guess its a nice attempt to spin? Its what Id do in your position. He caved. And he caved for a deal he could have agreed to before anyone missed their paycheck.

So no- no one is going to be thankful and now= all of a sudden vote for trump- cause they finally get paid when it never should have happened in the first place. Trump didnt gain a single vote today, he only lost some. Its what happens when all you care about is your base.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

So what happens in 3 weeks?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So my question is, is the State of the Union back on for the 29th?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I told you where half a billion could come from or a billion if the Senate gives any lip.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's the point. If he doesn't get Congressional assistance and doesn't use National Emergency powers, then he will have folded. I didn't vote for him to watch him fold.

I do not think congress,either side, will get a deal done in 3 weeks.
I do think trump will pull the trigger on a national emergency at that point.
How long the government stays shut down at that point is anyones guess.
If you are expecting a tax refund get your taxes done asap.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Save it for Feb 16, just in case...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am a Trump guy and I can even see that he completely caved. Pelosi has custody of his balls.

link   
a reply to: [post]Bluntone22[/post]

More than likely? He'll do a national emergency. And again people will say- well why tf didnt you just do this back in december, dude? You wanted to make a deal? Neither one of you budged, youre the leader- the buck stops with you.

And the more emotional of his base will prob figure out a way to avoid that question and just be happy they got their wall. The independent voters who were already questioning their future support of trump- are simply not going to like this kind of chaos.

link   
Trump will build the wall.

Trump knows that if he can't secure that wall, no #2020.

You leftist are laughing a fools laugh. Trump, for the first time imo has been pushed back against the wall not because of his inability to deal rather, to actually let the process work itself.

This has been stated numerous times. Let the system work itself. Now that he has a set in stone deadline, you can bet your arse that he'll pull the trigger.

He gave the dems enough time to BS and the optics have been glorious.

So, go ahead leftist and anti Trumpers, to small pitiful victories this AM, literally mean NOTHING.

Furthermore, when you take a step back and look around,

Stone is out on Bail and Trump just paid off federal workers in a pinch as a result of the #pelosisshutdown, meanwhile, Dems looked leaderless, unhinged and cracks forming among rank and file, not to mention the time off and partying they did during the shutdown. Optics 😚 we can play that game too ☺️

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

So no- no one is going to be thankful and now= all of a sudden vote for trump- cause they finally get paid when it never should have happened in the first place. Trump didnt gain a single vote today, he only lost some. Its what happens when all you care about is your base.

I think Trump gained lots of voters when he stopped Pelosi from taking her junket.

Show me the last time anyone ever had the backbone to do such a thing.

He is exposing Nancy Pelosi to be the self serving looter that she is.
I just hope one day he goes after her for insider trading, she would
fold like a cheap suit, her and her husband.

I think this re open for 3 weeks is a good move, imo.

And yes, people will get paid and no doubt will remember that
when it comes time to vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join