It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Too many rules for when you can do what, and all the rules change/vary depending on who you are talking to.

I've been to a few blackout pep rally's and games in my life, in both high school and collegiate levels. im not seeing what you see.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Krakatoa

Too many rules for when you can do what, and all the rules change/vary depending on who you are talking to.

I've been to a few blackout pep rally's and games in my life, in both high school and collegiate levels. im not seeing what you see.

Note the kid behind the man in white. Specifically, the white lips and eyes. That is typical of 19th Century "black face" that was used to lampoon the black culture as backward, uneducated, etc... However, the fact that this image was from 7 years ago, yet was left out of the original post, clearly shows an effort to paint all alumni and existing students and faculty of this school as racists.

But considering the fact that the school did change its policy regarding this blackout day tradition, after this image was taken, seems to be a bit inconvenient to the original poster to mention since it would negate their talking point. It also shows a neglect for fact and a narrative to push guilt by historic association of a group. One in which everyone that doesn't support the posters belief system is held accountable for the sins of history based upon their skin color only.

Want to see racism, there it is....that is what I see. And it is not based upon past history, but present actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sure, "Blackout" is one thing, I think the extra face makeup ion the one kid is beyond "blackout"

that school is trash anyway, multiple stories of other students getting harassed, charges of "Violent Rape" and other videos of that day of them yelling at girls, and not "innocent PC flirting" more like "It isn't rape if she enjoys it"

that is the culture that is forming in this High-School

even the video that is being discussed and disputed, there is another video that contradicts some statements from the PR team the main kids hired anyway,

look, Tomahawk chanting and mocking Stereotypical Native chants, you know what you are doing, you can pretend to play privileged innocent all day, maybe not overt Racism, but you know what the intention is.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Sure, "Blackout" is one thing, I think the extra face makeup ion the one kid is beyond "blackout"

that school is trash anyway, multiple stories of other students getting harassed, charges of "Violent Rape" and other videos of that day of them yelling at girls, and not "innocent PC flirting" more like "It isn't rape if she enjoys it"

even the video that is being discussed and disputed, there is another video that contradicts some statements from the PR team the main kids hired anyway,

look, Tomahawk chanting and mocking Stereotypical Native chants, you know what you are doing, you can pretend to play privileged innocent all day, maybe not overt Racism, but you know what the intention is.

I suppose they should have just gone back to Europe as the native suggested, or grovel and repent for the crimes of their white ancestors.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Tomohawk chop: ok a few did this, not a huge deal. Why is this made a bigger deal that the native activists yelling at them for being white and having to go back to europe, or the horrible things the black nationalists said?

PR team statement: yes its seems to be far more accurate than any other account, such as those of Phillips who lied about the kids

Blackout: nothing wrong with this I see. All sorts of schools paint themselves like this. The kid with the white face seems more like an evil mask type thing than mocking black people.

Rape comment: one kid said this in response to racist homphobes yelling at them. Why is this used to smear the whole group? People from the school are saying he is not even from Covington, which could be likely as he was standing near female students, and convington is all male.

This whole spiel is used to force the narratiove that these kids are evil racist because they are white and had trump hats. Now that the intial narrative fell apart, people are digging for anything at all to confirm their bias, while they actual racist adults are overlooked.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This whole spiel is used to force the narratiove that these kids are evil racist because they are white and had trump hats. Now that the intial narrative fell apart, people are digging for anything at all to confirm their bias, while they actual racist adults are overlooked.

We are seeing BAMN in action, right now, live. It's a continuation of the Kavanaugh Plan to disgrace someone based upon lies, half-truths, and guilt by association.

We are witnessing today, how the mania that preceded the witch trials of the 16th Century happened.

edit on 1/22/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed quoting

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think his point is that the contention made by the OP is a hoax. I mean, the headline is:

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

Did that happen?

Please excuse me for butting into your conversation.

The title is an opinion as often titles are.

Back to the topic as it stands now. It's mainstream now that that the native guy was lying which is what I expected to happen.

I like Huckabee's suggestion that some of the top lawyers should jump in and assist the school and kids in suing the media that jumped the gun and those doing the doxing and making threats. That's the answer in my opinion. Use the civil courts to make it hurt so bad they clean up their acts. After all, these are private citizens and they have that option. They are not protected like celebrities, media and politicians. Make it hurt with 7 figure law suits.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Blaine91555
This whole thing is a non story. No violence, nothing bad happened and the media and the partisan fanatics are doing what they always do. Creating more Independents.

The original incident is a non-story.

The media malpractice of 'journalists', celebrities, hollywood-types and pundits to go overboard with their reactions and presumptions is very much a story that needs to be repeated.

My opinion on that now that the lie is confirmed is what I said just above.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Wow. Give it up, the truth about what happened is mainstream now and your digging a hole to bury yourself in. Carrying around that much hate must be miserable.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What's happened here is very simple.

A native American confronted,abused and tried to incite kids. The kids didn't bite, but the media lied and ran the story anyway.

The real bone of contention is that people who hate Trump don't like the hats. The hatred runs so deep, they are willing to try and destroy kids lives and some even want the kids dead for wearing the hats.

There, really easy to summarise the situation.

For those that have let the 2016 Election turn them into a hateful mess, well, you can only pray for them.

edit on 22/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"Tomohawk chop: ok a few did this, not a huge deal. Why is this made a bigger deal that the native activists yelling at them for being white and having to go back to europe, or the horrible things the black nationalists said?"

Why isn't it made a bigger deal by the right when people yell "Blood and soil" or "This is American speak American" or some other nonsense, what happened to your "Freedom of speech"?

I am not defending the black nationalists by the way

"PR team statement: yes its seems to be far more accurate than any other account, such as those of Phillips who lied about the kids"

ok, but another Video shows contradicting statements

"Blackout: nothing wrong with this I see. All sorts of schools paint themselves like this. The kid with the white face seems more like an evil mask type thing than mocking black people."

I never said anything "wrong" about Blackout in theory, but if you think that is just an "evil mask" and not throw back to the exaggeration of black face you are either ignorant or willfully ignorant and deflecting

"Rape comment: one kid said this in response to racist homphobes yelling at them. Why is this used to smear the whole group? People from the school are saying he is not even from Covington, which could be likely as he was standing near female students, and convington is all male."

how do you know it was in response? there was also another video of them harassing a girl as she walked by, more than anyone the new-rightists love to use one person as a way to say "all of them" so miss me with that nonsense

"This whole spiel is used to force the narratiove that these kids are evil racist because they are white and had trump hats. Now that the intial narrative fell apart, people are digging for anything at all to confirm their bias, while they actual racist adults are overlooked."

you mean the same thing rightists do?

I agree this is basic media manipulation, no different than what Right or Left "Journalists" or "Streamers" do, also agree that both sides are going to tell a story that benefits them, people select a side and go on from there...

but to deny that tomahawks motions, and mocking chants was done "innocently" is a pathetic stance

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Where was the abuse? how about the videos of Kids "Abusing" girls? does that not count?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

sure, y'all want a white Ethnostate go back and create it there

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

All of that is on track to me.

But I think we need to ask ourselves what is at the root of this. There are two issues I see worth discussing.

1. Mob mentality online. This is another and egregious example of people wanting to inflict doxxing and violence on people far disproportional than what should be called for. Its especially bad here seeing it was based on a lie and it targeting kids.

We all need to step back as individuals and try to refrain from this behavior. And when this is done by people in positions of authority like celebs and media people, they should be gone after in teh court system by those victimized.

2. Cultural marxism.

Just like the Kavanaugh situation, this is another example of peoples groups such as race and gender being used to determine their guilt or innocence instead of actual facts.

Mark my words, this is going to get much worse, as people on the right will start playing this game as well. SOme of us are trying to call this out on all sides, and want to judge people based on their actions and facts, not based on their gender or skin color.

Imagine somoene telling you ten years ago that democrats would attack kids who smiled at adults that got in thier face and told them their color met they should leave the country, and ignore the actual racist homophobes that yelled at the kids for an hour.

You would have laughed and said no one. But now its not only reality, its being done by people with the absoluite certainty they are the moral superiors.

It is frightening and must be cvalled out by all reasonable thinking people of all political ideologies, or things are going to get much, much worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wanna know the real irony?

The real bone of contention is that people who hate Trump don't like the hats. The hatred runs so deep, they are willing to try and destroy kids lives and some even want the kids dead for wearing the hats.

After all this and the Twit ugliness that shows who they really are and what they really think and would like to do ... these are often the same people who express puzzlement when no one wants to have a serious conversation with them about gun control.

How stupid do they think we are?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Fella, the activist guy walked up to a kid, stood face to face, banged a drum in his face and chanted at him.

We should give the kid a medal for not knocking the punk out.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Why isn't it made a bigger deal by the right when people yell "Blood and soil" or "This is American speak American" or some other nonsense, what happened to your "Freedom of speech"?

Who said they didnt have the right to speak? Yes, they have the right to yell racial attac ks at children if they want./ That doesnt mean they shouldnt be criticized for their comments, and instead we should go after a kid for smiling back at that.

I am not defending the black nationalists by the way

Good. But many people are such as the native drummer, who said the kids were beasts going after the black activists. And certainly more vitriol has been put on the kids, particularly one for smiling, than has been put on the black nationalists.

ok, but another Video shows contradicting statements

What contradiction and video? The kids statements seemed to line up pretty cloise with all of the videos I saw. Phillips statements do not, as he lied multiple times.

But I am open to seeing new evidence. If you show me the vidoe and contradcition you are referncing I swear I will watch with an open mind and respond to you.

I never said anything "wrong" about Blackout in theory, but if you think that is just an "evil mask" and not throw back to the exaggeration of black face you are either ignorant or willfully ignorant and deflecting

I dont think this was balck face as tradfitoonally worn, though I could be wrong. Black face usuually had a sort of clwonish bubbly oval of what around the face, and similar around both eyes, like the ted Danson pictiure a few pages back.

that kid seemed to have more of sharp white lines around the face and eyes, like a reverse of the paint of the crow or something like that.

I hardly think this is proof that one kid is racist, but I guees we can disagree. Either way, it was from 7 years ago well before any of the kids in the incident would have been at the school.

how do you know it was in response? there was also another video of them harassing a girl as she walked by, more than anyone the new-rightists love to use one person as a way to say "all of them" so miss me with that nonsense

It was said while people from teh black activist camp and students were having a back and forth.

I would have thought we would have learned our lesson, but both this video and the one you refernce of harrassing a girl are like 6 seconds, and show two or three people, and yet this is being used to confirm people biases these kids must be racists.

And again, students are saying this kid didnt even go to their school.

Dont lump me in with people saying one person represents all dems. If you want to do that because you percieve people on the right doing it, have at it.

you mean the same thing rightists do?

Again, even if your right, are you saying two wrongs make a right?

Oh and BTW, can you show me prominent right wing people taking a video out of context where children were being screamed at by racist, one of them smiled back, and the right wing people said this kid smiling represnted racism and had a punchable face and should be doxxed, etc.

I'll patiently wait.

I agree this is basic media manipulation, no different than what Right or Left "Journalists" or "Streamers" do, also agree that both sides are going to tell a story that benefits them, people select a side and go on from there...

Yes we know, its obvious that you wanbt to deflect to "both sides do it" when something this ergergious is shown.

I have not seen the other side do anything near this ergegious to children, and smear and lie while overlookling the other group bad behavior and racism, all becaise of skin color or politics.

but to deny that tomahawks motions, and mocking chants was done "innocently" is a pathetic stance

Said form the get go some of the kids didnt behave great. I think this was sort of bad.

Funny we fgocus on that instead of native getting in faces of kids and lying aboput it, his cohrot mocking them for their skin color and telling them to go back to europe, and the homophobic and racist things said by the black nationalists.

I assume that had this been minority students, you would be ok with picking out even one of them doing something bad, even going back years to see if anything bad ever happened at their school, to show these minority students arent all good.

Oh thats right, that wouldnt happen, because it would be a deflection from the real racist adults that were provoking them

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Where was the abuse? how about the videos of Kids "Abusing" girls? does that not count?

So getting into a kids face, having your buddy call them out for their skin color and told to leave the country, lying about the kids bveing beasts that were attacking poor black people, lying about the smiling kid blocking his exit; none of that was abuse.

But a 9 second clip with no context of kids yelling "MAGA" to a girl is abuse.

this is exactly what a mean by deflection.

The white kids in maga hats HAVE to be evil racist, and so we must analyze everything any one idividual did at any point, even going back 5 opkus years to bball games, and apply that to the whole group and smiling kid.

Meanwhile, no need to talk about the actual racist confrontational adults, cause they are oprresed noble minorities I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Propagandalf

sure, y'all want a white Ethnostate go back and create it there

Your dreams are becoming more and more fevered as the facts emerge. You're essentially defending the racists to justify your false allegations against the innocent victims, all of them children.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

it is not deflection to say that both sides do it, when clearly they do

Look, I am not the one playing poor "White Kid Oppression" I am coming into this as a Native, an individualists that know how I would react if people mocked me, I have seen that look before, I have seen those actions before, My first post said "as a Native I am pissed, but, if people are going to engage in types of deplatforming" expect it back" if people are going to engage in types of "call out" and accusations, expect it back

it is the hypocrisy of rightists, leftists etc that will be the first ones to act like the moral hierarchy and call out other people, while deflecting from their own or their own sides action., if you (no you specifically) want to own that hypocrisy, fine, own it

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join