It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys in ‘Make America Great Again’ Hats Mob Native Elder at Indigenous Peoples March

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This makes me wonder if the old "Google Glass" device/idea would change the dynamics of these engagements? The possibility of having it use facial recognition to pull up facts about the person you are looking at and displaying them in your eyes before you engage them would let you know you are talking to a habitual liar and media whore/religious fanatic/political useful idiot/alien.

However, taking that to the next step, who decides what information is displayed on the device, and can attest to its accuracy? A biased media giant, the biased MSM, an wholly unreliable Wikipedia/etc???

Inquiring minds want to know....for future retaliatory incidents.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I didn't say that.

I was asking what your overall point is.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Now the boys are fascists? For 'make America great again'? At what point do you think they interpret that to?

That period where America was fascist?

Not a time I'm particularly aware of.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Grambler

Grambler you are only seeing it one way and not looking at the big picture. The church is doing their own investigation and I would like to see what fault they they are willing to accept. So far it seems as everyone is lawyered up and not willing to accept any blame, the black Hebrews seem to have fallen off the planet and I'm upset the media isn't going after them harder.

From all available evidence right now, here is what I know.

1. The worst offenders were the black racists. Yet there blatant racism is being ignored by the very people who attacked the kids for their perceived racism.

2. The media pushed a very inaccurate narrative to begin with, because they wanted these white maga hat wearing kids to be villains.

3. Some of the kids behaved somewhat rudely, though I have not seen anything that bad they did.

4. I have not seen anything at all done negatively involving the drumming incident by the smirking kid. I thought he showed tremendous restraint and class, and yet he was doxxed and is receiving death threats.

5. There so far has been no evidence of the kids yelling build the wall or racist chants as was claimed. This doesnt mean it couldn't have happened, but if so it must have been a very small group or we would have heard it.

This shows that narrative by Phillips is not true or profoundly exaggerated.

6. Phillips lied to the media several times to smear the kids. He initially lied or misled when he said the kids approached him and surrounded him.

He lied when he said the smiling kid blocked his exit, it was he who got in that kids face.

He lied when he said the kids were beast trying to attack black men who were preaching

He appears to have misled people about his military service.

He changed his story in different interviews about why he intervened; from trying to stand between to factions to reclaiming his space.

7. Phillips fellow nbative actiovists stood beside Phillips and shouted racial attacks at children. Phillips did nothing to calm thios down, while the smirking kid stopped his classmate from respodning to not escalate the situation.

8. Phillips heard the racist and homophobic slurs being yelled at the kids, and said that although harsh, there is some truth in those words that the sheltered white kids were uncomfortable hearing.

That is disgusting.

In addition to all of this, we have adults that are the agressors confronting kids.

Given all of that, I feel comfortable in sayibng that although more evidence may come out showing the odd kid saying something bad, the kids as a whole acted better than the other two groups.

yet the focus on the media and most people in power was to first unfairly smear the kids, and now still focus on them while deflecting for the racism and bad actions of the other two groups.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Now the boys are fascists? For 'make America great again'? At what point do you think they interpret that to?

That period where America was fascist?

Not a time I'm particularly aware of.

If they are fascists, then why are they wearing (according to that poster here) a commie red hat?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nah, I'd wear one myself for the lulz. But I'd cut it in half on the top to combine it with a Mohawk, it's a commie red hat after all.

#TruePunks

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thanks for asking, my point would be the general lack of empathy. My initial thoughts were, that the indigenous people of this world endured enough already. And so did the Israelites, or a bunch of politically instrumentalized virgins from some anti-abortion party for that matter.
But then I was allegedly deflecting from racism and now I even said the boys were fascists, even when I didn't. You know the drill, at some point you're just commenting on the stuff you didn't say. So yeah, thanks again for asking. I wasn't really able to express my concerns in broader terms, I guess. Who knows... we may even have the same point at the end of the day.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My only issue is that "people" don't suffer. Individuals suffer, and their suffering is cognized individually. But large populations, especially across generations, don't really suffer (beyond the impacts of generational poverty, which has ravaged all races and regions on our country).

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

More recent studies disagree with you there, even (psychological) trauma is inheritable up to the 5th generation or something. This would make a great debate btw, interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
doublette
edit on 23-1-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Well you said people are mad at the boys because of the "orange fascist", so don't be surprised when people see that in a different light than you intended.

As for suffering, the Indian, the grown men spouting off and I all had the same opportunity at life, the suffering is likely our own. How is it that my grandparents immigrate here and I'm supposed to feel guilt because of something someone else did a long long time ago?

How is it that Germany is forgiven in a few decades but us Americans have to dance around subjects and be "sensitive" to something that happened way before that?

The only suffering in this situation is a whole school paying for some rambunctious boys.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The Left has No SHAME . Using a False Face Native American to Push a Political Agenda is just Sick . These People Needed to be Lambasted Publicly for their Arrogance Against Decency .

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

5 men on one side and how many students? From the looks the men were outnumbered by a good 5 or 6 to one, if not more.

So the men were speaking, they were not getting in anyone's face, not surrounding the class, nor following them.

I was not blaming the students, it was the chaperones, as those are the adults in charge of the class, the ones that are there to protect the students from adults and to keep the students from doing stupid things. When those students started to encircle those 5 men, it ceased to be something rational, but one of a mob mentality, one which could have gone very wrong in so many ways.

People can stand and spout anything they want, and they are protected by the law. Even if you do not like what is being stated, it is still protected. That would include the WBC protecting and claiming that fallen soldiers going to hell, the KKK urging the separation of those different, the minister who stands up and says to kill gays. All of it is protected.

As long as people give them attention, and even stand up to counter protest where it provokes, it ultimately escalates the situation and starts far worse.

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join