It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TH3WH17ERABB17 -Q- Questions. White House Insider's postings -PART- -XV-

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So, ummmmmm.....this is interesting.

abc7.com...

Special Forces troops are conducting live "exercises" in downtown Los Angles if you can believe that. They have helicopters landing on Wilshire Blvd, rappelling down onto the tops of building. All for an exercise. The military, especially the Special Forces do not need to use downtown LA as their exercise zone. They have all kinds of special made resources just for that. This is absolutely them raiding someone, and/or scooping up high value targets out of Los Angeles.
edit on 5-2-2019 by PokeyJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
NO idea what the SOTU address will bring to light tonight.
Watching the response to the media spin that follows will be telling.
Forecast is for showers for Wed PM in DC and Chinese umbrellas are so inexpensive they almost aren't worth drying.
Being a green person I would probably prefer to wait it out under a tree rather than pollute the planet with another SZTOW00163.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

abc7.com...

Special Forces troops are conducting live "exercises" in downtown Los Angles if you can believe that. They have helicopters landing on Wilshire Blvd, rappelling down onto the tops of building. All for an exercise. The military, especially the Special Forces do not need to use downtown LA as their exercise zone. They have all kinds of special made resources just for that. This is absolutely them raiding someone, and/or scooping up high value targets out of Los Angeles.

The ref also says "Authorities urge there was no cause for alarm and that the Special Forces exercises will continue for the next several nights."

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

abc7.com...

The ref also says "Authorities urge there was no cause for alarm and that the Special Forces exercises will continue for the next several nights."

Right, does that make sense to you at all? When have you ever heard of Special Forces troops descending upon a major American city to have an exercise in the middle of downtown? I live in a pretty big city and I dont recall there ever being Special Forces choppers landing in the middle of town, or SF soldiers rappelling down on top of the local Walmart....they have got to be rounding up some of the bad actors (no pun intended) in LA.

That tells me that they will continue to operate throughout the area rounding up everyone they have orders to grab. Do not be alarmed by the JSOC guys kicking in doors down the street - its just an exercise. Yeah, an exercise in snatching and grabbing Hollywood pedophiles.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

abc7.com...

The article specifically mentions Silver Lake and Wilshire Blvd. Does anyone know what's in that area that might need to be raided like this?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

en.wikipedia.org...

Well lets see here, from Wikipedia, a list of notable residents of Silver Lake

Fred Armisen, actor[42]
Skylar Astin, actor/singer[43]
David Michael Barrett, screenwriter/producer[44]
Anna Belknap, actor[45]
Amir Blumenfeld, comedian
Eddie Cahill, actor[46]
Joey Castillo, musician/drummer[47]
Sal Castro, educator/activist[48]
Rob Corddry, comedian[49]
Ernest E. Debs, Los Angeles politician[50][51][52]
Mac DeMarco, musician[53]
Lisa Edelstein, actor[54]
Jack Falahee, actor[55]
James Franco, actor[56]
Judy Garland, actor[57]
Mike Gatto, politician[58]
Dylan Gelula, actor[59]
Crispin Glover, actor[60]
Donald Glover, musician/comedian/actor[61]
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, actor[62]
Ryan Gosling, actor[63]
Kevin Griffin, musician[64]
Christopher Guanlao, musician[65]
Hannah Hart, internet personality[66]
The Haxan Cloak (real name Bobby Krlic), musician[67]
Harry Hay, gay-rights activist[68]
Grace Helbig, internet personality, comedian[69]
Sandrine Holt, actor[70]
James Eads How, hobo organizer[71]
Jenny Lewis, actor/singer-songwriter[72]
Janet MacLachlan, actor[73]
Laura Marling, musician[74]
Rachel McAdams, actor[63]
Tom Mix, actor[75]
Johnette Napolitano, singer[76]
Richard Neutra, architect[77]
Anaïs Nin, author[78]
William H. Parker, Los Angeles police chief[79]
Cassandra Peterson, actor[80]
Maria Rasputin, memoirist[81]
Christina Ricci, actor[63]
Rob Schnapf, producer[82]
Pauly Shore, actor[83]
Randy Sklar, actor/comedian[84]
Jill Soloway, TV and film writer and director[85]
Butch Vig, musician and record producer[86]
Gerard Way, musician and comic book artist[87]
Constance Wu, actor[88]
Benjamin Wynn, composer and music producer[89]
Rob Zabrecky, performer[90]

Also, this:
Silver Lake, known as one of "the city's hippest neighborhoods",[35] has many bars, nightclubs and restaurants. Since the 1990s, the neighborhood has become the center of the alternative and indie rock scene in Los Angeles. It was home to two major yearly street festivals: the Silver Lake Jubilee,[36] held in May and the Sunset Junction Street Fair, held in August. The last Sunset Junction festival was held in 2010 and abruptly cancelled in 2011 just days before it was supposed to take place, after years of neighborhood controversy.[37][38] The Silver Lake Jubilee, the more recent addition, featured live music by local musicians, local artists and community businesses. It moved out of the neighborhood to private grounds near the Los Angeles River and changed its name as of 2013.[39]

Since the indie rock music scene is particularly prominent in this neighborhood, comparisons are often drawn between Silver Lake and New York City's Williamsburg district. As a result, it is sometimes referred to as the "Williamsburg of the West".[40][41]

It is an absolute HOT SPOT for movie stars and entertainers to live and play. Seems to be a who's who of young Hollywood that lives there. James Franco immediately jumps out at me. I am highly highly dubious that Special Forces troops are performing an exercise of any kind in an area where these movie stars live. They have the rest of the country to do exercises, and they choose a neighborhood where millionaire actors live?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

There's also the interview where he said to expect something exciting to happen right after the SOTU. I can't find the live interview that was posted some days ago but here's a commentary on it (not a very listenable one).

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RelSciHistItSufi
a reply to: Quadrivium

There's also the interview where he said to expect something exciting to happen right after the SOTU. I can't find the live interview that was posted some days ago but here's a commentary on it (not a very listenable one).

I saw that video. He said something to the effect of - "So, watch the State of the Union next Tuesday, and then watch what happens right after."

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 5-2-2019 by RelSciHistItSufi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RelSciHistItSufi

It just doesnt make much sense to me that they would choose this neighborhood in LA to conduct whatever exercise it is they say they're doing. They literally have entire cities that they have constructed to practice urban warfare - no need to actually do it in a freaking city, much less Los Angeles in the middle of millionaire actors homes. Something is extremely fishy about this whole thing to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Yes, it is unusual but not a first time.
Next to the NYPD SWAT, the LA SWAT is reputed to be the best in the world and has often trained with selected military special forces teams in the art of urban warfare, hostage rescue & extraction.
This news clip is from Jan 25, 2012.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just a few years ago it was illegal to mobilize the military inside of a sovereign nation. This is the kinda crap that happens when you choose to put troops on the border by claiming some emergency that the national guard could not handle. That is how it works though. Once that window is open it is very hard to shut during a storm. This is what to expect from a potus that says he is a nationalist. Everyone went crazy when they heard this and they claimed some identity with nazi but i knew what potus meant and he has shown his admiration for places like north korea and such.

You all should be outraged and a bit scared.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

SWAT officers training in their own cities is one thing, Special Forces from the military doing an exercise in Los Angeles is quite another. If they were working in conjunction with LAPD perhaps I could see that, but the article says nothing about police involvement.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Im not outraged at all, just extremely dubious of the reason, and curious about the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It is illegal unless a national emergency has been declared. I too am very much curious of the whole thing. It has always been the case that they stuck to gov. owned and leased land for exercises. We spend a tremendous amount of money to give them life like cities out in the desert so they can have training that mimics the lands over there we are deployed in. Many immigrants get paid big bucks to live a couple months in cities we have built to mock real world conditions. This is a very big deal if real and if it is not called out it will grow.

edit on 5-2-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Im not worried. Seems like you are worried. Our military forces are ours and protect us. You must never have served by your weird comments and mistrust. I for one love it that our Military is putting on a show. Go Trump! MAGA.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It was never illegal.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I want the entire military stretching across every mile of our border. Shut it down.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You my friend are severely misinformed on all counts. carry on

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I take it, UT, that you are not too happy about the US Military training in real life scenarios? Tough sh!t. Its also legal. I want the military to train in as real life situations as possible. Sometimes a desert location just don't cut it...

You must not be from around these parts.

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join