It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Says He Was Abducted By Aliens Breaks 45-Year Silence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: whyamIhere
In the last moments of your life.

I doubt you would bring up a hoax.

Why not?? If you're a person who would perpetrate a hoax like that, you'll probably want it to stand. Just because someone is old or sick- doesn't necessarily make them honest and forthright.

But why wait on your death bed to finally, only now speak up about something that happened 40 something years ago?

There could be a thousand reasons. As StallionDuck suggested- medical bills? To leave something for family? An attempt to have his name live on and ensure he won't be referred to as a hoaxer? Lots of reasons.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
But why wait on your death bed to finally, only now speak up about something that happened 40 something years ago?

So you wouldn't be harassed or ridiculed by annoying UFO kooks and debunkers and employers and co-workers for most of your life but still wanted to set the record straight? That might be a good reason.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The cops' secret audio recording - assuming the pair were unaware of it - is probably one of the most compelling pieces of UFO evidence from the last century.

Again, not HARD evidence per se, but it certainly underlines that these men believed wholeheartedly in what they witnessed during a purported UFO abduction.

Add in the Walton case from two years later, and we have a double-bill of fascinating, baffling 70s tales that have stood the test of time.

edit on 17-1-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Add in the Walton case from two years later, and we have a double-bill of fascinating, baffling 70s tales that have stood the test of time.

The unfortunate (I suppose) thing is that there probably have been more of them, but rather than going to the police the abductees just kept it to themselves because it's too bizarre and traumatic to deal with.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Good point, Blue.

For example, would YOU report such an experience to the police? I certainly wouldn't.

To be fair to the cops, though, as Walton and Co discovered, it's the Press who cause the most damage and intrusion.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Wish I understood the relaxing mechanism.

The moment they touch you, you become fully docile.

You relax, anything upsetting you is just wiped from your mind, and you get a feeling of "everything's ok"

If you read through enough encounters, this trait seems to be pretty consistent.

It's like us sedating wild animals. We are "intelligent" by our own standards. Who's to say whether we might be as far removed in intellect from them, as we consider animals are from us.

Such an interesting thing.

Exactly my experience but touch isn't necessary, I felt the effect while I was still in the house, and told to come see us , we are here, I went calmly and without giving it a second thought.

Walked back in the house and didn't say a word to anyone.

Seems they like the woods and fishermen, My dad used to tell the story of fishing late at night and a UFO hovering over the lake, this would have been around the 1930s

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

The unfortunate (I suppose) thing is that there probably have been more of them, but rather than going to the police the abductees just kept it to themselves because it's too bizarre and traumatic to deal with.

Another thought to consider with the technology some of these beings seem to have it could even be possible many more people have been abducted and have NOOOO idea anything happened.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Let us consider their story is 100% true.

Let us consider that many of the stories about abductions are true.

There certainly is a divide between those who believe and those who say impossible or it is the work of the devil etc etc..

I remember when this event happened back in 1973. I think I remember seeing an interview of Parker and Hickson and thinking something darn sure happened to them.

Hickson died in 2011 and Parker is also in bad health now. All these years their story has not changed. Lie detectors were given to both of them so, "Yes" they believe in their own minds their stories are true.

Calvin Parker says he and his buddy Charles Hickson were fishing in 1973 on the banks of the Pascagoula River, just north of where Ingalls Shipyard now sits, when a “real bright beam appeared all over us and it kind of blinded me for a second and when I got my vision back, I seen three bulky looking creatures coming toward us.”

Parker said the creatures were “probably 4, 4 1/2, 5 foot tall…built like football players. But I noticed they kind of moved mechanical wise and they was floating off the ground. By the time we stood up and turned around, they was there on us all at one time,” he told WALA in a rare interview. “Two of them got a hold of Charlie, one of them got a hold of myself and instantly I felt like, I just got relaxed.”

detroit.cbslocal.com...

As someone who has both seen UFOs, and had an experience with extraterrestrials, I know a FACT that something more is going on in this universe, and right here on Earth than what people realize.

The problem is, unless it happens to someone, or they are very open minded, they aren't going to believe in it. You know what? I actually get that. Me personally, I'm a weird one. I've been into the paranormal since I was 9, and from a young age I KNEW this world was closer to a dream then reality. This kind of stuff came natural to me. But for those who are more rooted in the physical dimension, it is going to be a LOT harder to understand the nature of Spirit and the universe outside of the 3rd dimension.

I don't think it really matters. Those who don't want to believe that there are non physical intelligences influencing mankind will ignore it. Those who KNOW something else is out there - they will keep searching, and many will find answers. Humanity in the past has been woke to the realization of this - it is only in recent times that we've become so skeptical - and that is mainly due to our technological and scientific advancement. As we learn more and more about this physical dimension, people have begun to rely SOLELY on science to understand the world around them - and science is GREAT for measuring, observing the natural world, or testing theories.....but not so great for understanding things which we cannot measure or see.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You relax, anything upsetting you is just wiped from your mind, and you get a feeling of "everything's ok"

Such an interesting thing.

Makes me question could these be some type of paranormal/spiritual powers and not just advanced tech, I mean it sounds eerily similar to the peace "everything's ok feeling" people describe in a NDE in the light. Some of these powers/tech in UFO encounters seem to be able to be able to manipulate natural laws.

edit on 17-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yes it is truly bizarre, along with these other sighting which recall a bright light then in a millisecond there still there but light disappears. Truly bizarre indeed, I do not see why they would not erase there entire memory of the event. Either there slacking, which could be the likely case, or well not like anybody would believe them so there is no need to put 2 seconds of energy into it when one second is enough.

And Well? The other theories about such cases have been given, no need for me to go into them, no doubt others will drop in to post them again. But the fact that if there even is a grain of truth to these tales, and by all accounts its not that hard for them to restructure the abductees memory in any manner, why not just make them remember nothing of the event, nothing that hangs in the memory as anything but a normal day at all.

One day they were fishing, and then they went home. End of story. What we have here, is the worst of the worst. Lazy aliens. Which makes sense, as above and so bellow right?

edit on 9pmThursdaypm172019f4pmThu, 17 Jan 2019 21:39:46 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The moment they touch you, you become fully docile.

If you read through enough encounters, this trait seems to be pretty consistent.

The reality of hypnotism and its link to abductions

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
Their stories were the best out of all of the old stories. I don't know what they saw, but I do believe that they saw what they believe.
My favorite UFO story of all time.
I'd like to read Parker's book.

I remember when it happened. Recently I've heard him being interviewed. He's as down to earth as they come and I believe his story. I just don't think he has the skills to carry on a hoax this long and so consistently. He's a simple, good-natured guy and is very credible.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Let us consider their story is 100% true.

Let us consider that many of the stories about abductions are true.

There certainly is a divide between those who believe and those who say impossible or it is the work of the devil etc etc..

I remember when this event happened back in 1973. I think I remember seeing an interview of Parker and Hickson and thinking something darn sure happened to them.

Hickson died in 2011 and Parker is also in bad health now. All these years their story has not changed. Lie detectors were given to both of them so, "Yes" they believe in their own minds their stories are true.

Calvin Parker says he and his buddy Charles Hickson were fishing in 1973 on the banks of the Pascagoula River, just north of where Ingalls Shipyard now sits, when a “real bright beam appeared all over us and it kind of blinded me for a second and when I got my vision back, I seen three bulky looking creatures coming toward us.”

Parker said the creatures were “probably 4, 4 1/2, 5 foot tall…built like football players. But I noticed they kind of moved mechanical wise and they was floating off the ground. By the time we stood up and turned around, they was there on us all at one time,” he told WALA in a rare interview. “Two of them got a hold of Charlie, one of them got a hold of myself and instantly I felt like, I just got relaxed.”

detroit.cbslocal.com...

Star and flag for non-political thread!
edit on 17-1-2019 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

There are religions, like Mormonism, in which it is taught that Jesus is/was an alien from another world. After all, even Jesus himself stated "his Kingdom is not of this world."

As for "some people seem some aliens as the devil." Their intentions seem demonic when aliens like the greys show no concern or remorse for the suffering they impart on abducted humans.

There are other cultures that also viewed, or view aliens like they were gods, or demons.

For example, in Celtic culture there was a famed Celtic warrior whom is mentioned as always watching the skies to fight demons that would land on Earth from the stars.

Almost every culture has such "mythology," and there are people who simply want to ignore or dismiss these ancient accounts because they see "mythology" as something invented. IMO mythology has base in truth. More so when you find similar mythology in all ancient cultures, even if they are separated by oceans, or in completely different continents altogether.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just can't stop laughing at you profile gif!! a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Why not? If i'd perpetuated a 45 year hoax i'd wanna make sure I died knowing everyone believed it.

No liar can lie for 45 years without changing his/her story a lot. Liars can't keep a week or a month old claim straight, much less for 45 years.

This reminds me of a Latino saying: "Es mas facil cojer a un mentiroso que a un cojo." It translates to: "It's easier to catch a liar, than someone who is lame."
edit on 17-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Don't know if there are any amateur astronomers here in ATS but I have seen 'lights' in the sky at night that zig-zag

Some of us call them, those lights "dancing stars" , cause they zig zag around almost like they dancin

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: manuelram16
Don't know if there are any amateur astronomers here in ATS but I have seen 'lights' in the sky at night that zig-zag

Some of us call them, those lights "dancing stars" , cause they zig zag around almost like they dancin

yes, then disappear in the blink of an eye

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

yes, then disappear in the blink of an eye

Indeed
edit on 18-1-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

All these years their story has not changed. Lie detectors were given to both of them so, "Yes" they believe in their own minds their stories are true.

This issue of UFO's/Alien is a touchy issue but what i've learned in this world is that seems some don't and wont believe something unless it fits within their frame of reference, they are told by a particular source, they are 'given permission' to believe it, or the majority of people believe it.

It goes without saying the opposite is also true.

We all have our ways of determining what we will hold to be true and what we will hold to be something else. We must all determine for ourselves what truth is for us.

For me; I decide what I will believe by listening to or read what someone says and I go by my reactions to it. Does it strike me as true, does it have little or no impact on me one way or the other or does it strike me as untrue.

Funny how some many will engage in violence over what their truth is and what someone elses truth is when at the end of the day it most case it all matters very little for its not wheather we are right or wrong but its THAT we beleive.

Its something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join