It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Says He Was Abducted By Aliens Breaks 45-Year Silence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: whyamIhere
In the last moments of your life.

I doubt you would bring up a hoax.

Especially, if you were the perpetrator.

I believe him...

Why not? If i'd perpetuated a 45 year hoax i'd wanna make sure I died knowing everyone believed it.

I love how the debunkers make up their own conspiracy theory on the fly.

“Yup, if I was dying, I’d want to spread a false story before I die, duhhhhhh.”

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Double
edit on 17-1-2019 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Lol.

Interestingly, I was reading an article one time where the author did say it seemed like a lot of people at UFO conferences used to be hippies or psychedelic users.
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes. We should discredit absolutely everyone from the 1960’s and 1970’s.

Duhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Around same time as Travis Walton, something about the early 70s
edit on 17-1-2019 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

It could be a simple endorphin, dopamine, or serotonin injection. Most likely if they were calming human beings they used a chemical to do it.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Wish I understood the relaxing mechanism.

The moment they touch you, you become fully docile.

You relax, anything upsetting you is just wiped from your mind, and you get a feeling of "everything's ok"

If you read through enough encounters, this trait seems to be pretty consistent.

Would ^^^that^^^ be hypnotism

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caughtlurking
a reply to: Archivalist

It could be a simple endorphin, dopamine, or serotonin injection. Most likely if they were calming human beings they used a chemical to do it.

We humans DO seem quite fond of our chemical substances, lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It sounds a lot like the scenario in Whitley Strieber's Communion. The short stocky guys, a tall slender one, the eery sense of calm. Lucky for him it was a deck of cards from the ceiling, instead of a, um, ya know, thingie poking out of the wall...

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

As a kid I lived right down the street from Charles Hickson in Gautier, MS. He lived in the last house on a cul de sac. I remember that his house was very creepy. He had two big dead trees in the front yard, and that he never really kept up with his lawn. The dead trees with not a single leaf on them made it look like a house you would see in a old horror film. He was a recluse and almost never left the house. Probable because he was so ridiculed. Their story was the first story I had heard about UFOs and abductions and that's what got me hooked. I would go to the library every week and get every book on UFOs. I read them all and of course the book Charles wrote. Thanks Charles, for what some might call an unhealthy obsession with UFOs! F&S Great post OP!

Oh and there is a pretty good interview that Calvin did back in October on The Unexplained with Howard Hughes. Give it a listen.theunexplained.tv... -calvin-parker-pascagoula
edit on 17-1-2019 by JFA13 because: left something out

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Lol.

Interestingly, I was reading an article one time where the author did say it seemed like a lot of people at UFO conferences used to be hippies or psychedelic users.

I would argue from my own personal experience, that use of those chemicals strenghthens their claims rather than weaken. I think there is a connection that is overlooked by people who havent experienced either or both.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here's an interview Calvin gave to Open Minds UFO Radio last November.

And the audio recording made by police when they left the tape recorder running to try and catch Charlie and Calvin in a lie.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Lol.

Interestingly, I was reading an article one time where the author did say it seemed like a

lot of people at UFO conferences used to be hippies or psychedelic users.

Another description for those type of people would be open minded.
M
Sure. I’ve experienced that hippyish world when young. It’s just an interesting sub point on UFOs.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Lol.

Yes. We should discredit absolutely everyone from the 1960’s and 1970’s.

Duhhhhhh
lol, I think you are putting words in my mouth. I wasn’t saying that, so slow your roll.

- Ive been called a hippy myself
-I’ve tried the things in question
-hippies didn’t end in the 60’s. On the west coast we have some areas with that culture. Other places too.
-just because there is a high proportion according to this guy, which obviously was anecdotal, doesn’t discredit ufology.
-there are lots of hippies in many alternative areas, from new age to eastern religion to alternative medicine. That’s not a bad thing
edit on 17-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A partial transcript of the “secret tape” of their conversation as transcribed by NICAP [1] is as follows:

CALVIN: I got to get home and get to bed or get some nerve pills or see the doctor or something. I can't stand it. I'm about to go half crazy.
CHARLIE: I tell you, when we through, I'll get you something to settle you down so you can get some damn sleep.
CALVIN: I can't sleep yet like it is. I'm just damn near crazy.
CHARLIE: Well, Calvin, when they brought you out-when they brought me out of that thing, goddamn it I like to never in hell got you straightened out.
His voice rising, Calvin said, "My damn arms, my arms, I remember they just froze up and I couldn't move. Just like I stepped on a damn rattlesnake." [sic]
"They didn't do me that way," sighed Charlie.
Now both men were talking as if to themselves.
CALVIN: I passed out. I expect I never passed out in my whole life.
CHARLIE: I've never seen nothin' like that before in my life. You can't make people believe-
CALVIN: I don't want to keep sittin' here. I want to see a doctor-
CHARLIE: They better wake up and start believin' . . . they better start believin'.
CALVIN: You see how that damn door come right up?
CHARLIE: I don't know how it opened, son. I don't know.
CALVIN: It just laid up and just like that those son' bitches-just like that they come out.
CHARLIE: I know. You can't believe it. You can't make people believe it-
CALVIN: I paralyzed right then. I couldn't move-
CHARLIE: They won't believe it. They gonna believe it one of these days. Might be too late. I knew all along they was people from other worlds up there. I knew all along. I never thought it would happen to me.
CALVIN: You know yourself I don't drink
CHARLIE: I know that, son. When I get to the house I'm gonna get me another drink, make me sleep. Look, what we sittin' around for. I gotta go tell Blanche . . . what we waitin' for?
CALVIN (panicky): I gotta go to the house. I'm gettin' sick. I gotta get out of here.
Then Charlie got up and left the room, and Calvin was alone.
CALVIN: It's hard to believe . . . Oh God, it's awful . . . I know there's a God up there. . . .
The Pascagoula (Hickson/Parker) Alien Abduction

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well the thing is I didn’t mean that it discredits people.

Lots of people including d..m...t users say they’ve interacted with beings on it. Some shamans say it connects one to other realms. I don’t know either way if it’s pure hallicination or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Don't know if there are any amateur astronomers here in ATS but I have seen 'lights' in the sky at night that zig-zag

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Why not?? If you're a person who would perpetrate a hoax like that, you'll probably want it to stand. Just because someone is old or sick- doesn't necessarily make them honest and forthright.

But why wait on your death bed to finally, only now speak up about something that happened 40 something years ago?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Especially, if you were the perpetrator.

I believe him...
orrrrr he could have just been a joker and thought "this'll give them something to talk about" 😉

Or paying off medical bills - having something left behind for the family.

But he does seem legit.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ah sorry for taking it wrong then. There are so many trolls on the site that sometimes it's hard to tell who is trolling and who is actually having a conversation.

Plus sometimes people DO discredit everyone from the hippie days so I thought that's what you were saying lol.

In real conversation, yeah there does seem to be some link between sightings and open-minded people, for a number of reasons...

For example, UFO's in the sky will usually only be seen by people who are open-minded enough to be looking at the stars in the first place, lol.

And the beings seem to choose to contact more open-minded people, too.

In Travis' case, it would seem that the beings somehow had him "hooked" into their presence, and drawn to them, instantly. Maybe they had subconsciously "programmed" him, before he even saw the craft. (Like maybe they had already contacted him and prepped him, subconsciously, the night before.)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Let us consider their story is 100% true.

Let us consider that many of the stories about abductions are true.

There certainly is a divide between those who believe and those who say impossible or it is the work of the devil etc etc..

I remember when this event happened back in 1973. I think I remember seeing an interview of Parker and Hickson and thinking something darn sure happened to them.

Hickson died in 2011 and Parker is also in bad health now. All these years their story has not changed. Lie detectors were given to both of them so, "Yes" they believe in their own minds their stories are true.

Calvin Parker says he and his buddy Charles Hickson were fishing in 1973 on the banks of the Pascagoula River, just north of where Ingalls Shipyard now sits, when a “real bright beam appeared all over us and it kind of blinded me for a second and when I got my vision back, I seen three bulky looking creatures coming toward us.”

Parker said the creatures were “probably 4, 4 1/2, 5 foot tall…built like football players. But I noticed they kind of moved mechanical wise and they was floating off the ground. By the time we stood up and turned around, they was there on us all at one time,” he told WALA in a rare interview. “Two of them got a hold of Charlie, one of them got a hold of myself and instantly I felt like, I just got relaxed.”

detroit.cbslocal.com...

He broke his silence to sell a book. PASS. PASS IN HIS ALIEN ABDUCTED FACE. Is his book in the fiction section of Barnes and nobles. Might be credible if he didn't try to make a dollar out of this, and don't tell me he deserves or should. cuz that's BS. if you going to make a credible claim about something, trying to make a dollar out of it makes you look like a douche.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join