It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
There was as much BS on the remain side.
The argument that people didn't really want to vote to leave but were duped into it is arrogant.

Arrogant it may be but it is still true. You sound like a sensitive soul.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

originally posted by: UKTruth
There was as much BS on the remain side.
The argument that people didn't really want to vote to leave but were duped into it is arrogant.

Arrogant it may be but it is still true. You sound like a sensitive soul.

You saying it's true doesn't make it so. You need to prove it, fella.
Arrogant proclamations don't cut it.

edit on 12/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think "they" knew exactly how this Brexit crapshow was going to transpire all along.

And are simply playing out some form of perverted pantomime for the masses via Westminster and our political parties.

I think this whole mess was probably decided long ago and the outcome is perfectly well known to the select few.

That's what im suggesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The EU June elections will overshadow everything else..
i can imagine the EU agreeing to 6 months, say, with the proviso for a refrendum
if no referedum, then i guess May will "be forced" to revoke article 50

Of course, the press will have a field day : bad europe keeps us in a stranglehold

Whereas the reality is that May and the Tories have botched the whole thing up
The untrustworthy, self serving, lot of them should be barred from holding office again

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How about this:

Boris Johnson’s £350m claim is devious and bogus. Here’s why

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

How about this:

Boris Johnson’s £350m claim is devious and bogus. Here’s why

www.theguardian.com...

That's not proof the people were duped.
I thought you were just talking sh*te, but thanks for confirming it.

For you:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

There is loads of stuff like that, multiple incidents of vote-leave having been found to have told lies or using highly questionable campaign tactics.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think if we are being brutally honest, there is very little support for no deal with just about everyone involved in this, the public, parliament, government, the EU...nobody really wants a no deal, it has no support.

I can only speak as I find and in my circle of friends and associates and people who I speak to up and down this country as I go about my business there seems to be a growing and resolute support for No Deal.

There's a growing realisation in Europe that a No Deal damages them just as much as it does the UK.

No Deal and then after March 29th the EU will be begging us for a deal of some sorts.

People are just sick to death of the ineptitude, duplicity and political skulduggery, let's just get it over and done with and deal with any fall out as or when it happens.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It is proof that there was an attempt to dupe them. Of course not everyone was duped, but it is certain that some were, don't you agree?

Your video is a pack of lies. Frozen darkness being preferable to being in the EU? Please. Give him a choice between 72 hours in Paris and 72 hours in a meat locker. If this is typical of the Brexit style of thinking, Brexiters ought to be ashamed of themselves.
edit on 12-3-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

The EU June elections will overshadow everything else..
i can imagine the EU agreeing to 6 months, say, with the proviso for a refrendum
if no referedum, then i guess May will "be forced" to revoke article 50

Of course, the press will have a field day : bad europe keeps us in a stranglehold

Whereas the reality is that May and the Tories have botched the whole thing up
The untrustworthy, self serving, lot of them should be barred from holding office again

If the choice becomes no-deal, no-brexit or second referendum then I think second referendum will win and it seems to me that we are eventually going to end up with that three way choice unless there is a significant change in the position of the government and ERG.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

To be fair as a remeainer Scott, my view on this is somewhat bias, I acknowledge that, but when even the ERG are looking to get a deal rather than no-deal that speaks volumes to me about the importance of avoiding no-deal.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

End of the day they dont give a crap what the people want.

When considering all that has been done and said relating to Brexit I have to say there has never been truer words written or spoken than that.

link   

It is proof that there was an attempt to dupe them. Of course not everyone was duped, but it is certain that some were, don't you agree?

What was the net effect of people who were duped to vote leave vs those duped to vote remain - data please...or you're talking sh*te.

link   

Who profits from it all?

Has that wee creep Jacob Rees-Mogg and his investment company not already bagged £70 million or so with Mogg personally standing to make around £7 million?

The lies that have been told, are being told, and will continue to be created, regarding this whole sordid affair are quite frankly priceless.

edit on 12-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your video is a pack of lies. Frozen darkness being preferable to being in the EU? Please. Give him a choice between 72 hours in Paris and 72 hours in a meat locker. If this is typical of the Brexit style of thinking, Brexiters ought to be ashamed of themselves.

You sound like a sensative soul. Relax.
He's in the majority as we saw with the People's Vote.
edit on 12/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I heard him talking in a pod cast about that, he was asked about why he was moving his business out of the UK and about how much he had profited from Brexit, all of a sudden he didn't quite have as much to say....

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I barely know a Brexit supporter who regrets their vote or who has changed their mind.

I do know a surprising number of Remainers who regret voting the way they did or who have subsequently changed their mind, usually because of the incompetence of our own politicians and their self-serving attitude or the condescending and bullying approach taken by the EU.

The vast majority of senior politicians across the political divide and those whose purpose they really serve along with the financial centre of The City of London are all Remianers.
Brexit is very much a public supported movement.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I wonder.....

Would it be possible for May to revoke article 50 then have a second referendum?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is interesting, from Theresa May. The no deal crash out is still a possibility.

www.theguardian.com...

That this House declines to approve leaving the European Union without a withdrawal agreement and a framework on the future relationship on 29 March 2019; and notes that leaving without a deal remains the default in UK and EU law unless this House and the EU ratify an agreement.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join