It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
He's in the majority as we saw with the People's Vote.

That is what is frightening because he is such a liar.

Half minus 2% of the British population is chained to the other half plus 2%, and these two groups don't agree at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Good.

I'm very much from the # 'Em, we''ll fight them on the beaches school of thought.

Seems I'll be going to London on March 29th after all.

See you all in Parliament Square people.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's what the lock ups are for.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

originally posted by: UKTruth
He's in the majority as we saw with the People's Vote.

That is what is frightening because he is such a liar.

Half minus 2% of the British population is chained to the other half plus 2%, and these two groups don't agree at all.

We had the People's Vote and he is in the majority.

edit on 12/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You may just be surprised at the size of the turn-out.

Other demonstrations are planned the full length and breadth of the country.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I've got nothing against demonstrations. I hope the UK doesn't get any Trump types egging people on to violence.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Have you ever seen us Brits 'demonstrate'?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Have you ever seen us Brits 'demonstrate'?

They actually lok like Antifa

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes. Does soccer hooliganism count? Seriously, I've seen lots of demonstration footage over the years, some violent some peaceful.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Football hooliganism is a completely separate thing.

I was at The Poll Tax 'Demonstration' in March 1990.
About 200,000 people turned up.

en.wikipedia.org...

I suspect any Brexit demonstrations would be met by equally passionate Remainer counter-demonstrations.

This country is as fractured as it ever has been since Civil War days.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Here is a cross section of opinion on a "no deal" Brexit, something that is the default outcome if no agreement is reached and no extension of Article 50 is granted.

www.theguardian.com...

From Adam Marshall, director general of the British Chambers of Commerce

It is profoundly obvious that neither government nor many businesses are ready for a disorderly exit – and this must not be allowed to happen on 29 March, whether by default or by design.

From Mike Cherry, chair of the Federation of Small Businesses

While parliament dithers, debates and delays, the reality is that there are just 17 days to go and small firms are still blindly in the dark about how they will be operating post 29 March.

From Mike Hawes, head of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders

Today’s vote leaves us perilously close to the ‘cliff edge’. No-deal would be catastrophic for the automotive industry.

From the National Farmers’ Union

A no-deal exit from the EU would be a catastrophe for British farming and food production.

From Aodhán Connolly, director of the Northern Ireland Retail Consortium

It is the most vulnerable who will feel the impact of a no deal Brexit most …. There are no winners in a no-deal Brexit that systematically disintegrates the supply chains of these islands.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If Brexit is not delivered , then the demonstration that will come will make The Poll Tax Demo of 1990 look like a Tea Party.

edit on 12-3-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Do you honestly think the EU wants to lose its share of the UK market?

They're going to fight tooth and nail to retain it.
If there is no trade deal agreed then I'd expect the German car industry wouldn't be able to sustain the loss of sales it would incur.

Spanish tomato growers rely on the UK market.

The list is endless.
They need the UK just as much as we need them.

Bollocks to all the bluster and bull#.
We come out no matter what on March 29th.
They want our trade then we'll negotiate - on a level playing field - on March 30th.
If not we'll buy our goods from elsewhere.

Sure, bit of short term pain....but for long term gain.
Almost every Brexit supporter I know was aware of the likelihood.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I hope you are not whistling past the graveyard.

Here is part of a statement from Donald Tusk:

www.theguardian.com...

With only 17 days left to March 29, today’s vote has significantly increased the likelihood of a no-deal Brexit. We will continue our no-deal preparations and ensure that we will be ready if such a scenario arises.

Should there be a UK reasoned request for an extension, the EU27 will consider it and decide by unanimity.

The EU27 will expect a credible justification for a possible extension and its duration. The smooth functioning of the EU institutions will need to be ensured.

If the EU reps are shaking, I don't see it. It almost sounds as if they have already written off the UK.
edit on 12-3-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
outside influence ...a reply to: ipsedixit

let's not forget :
Cambridge Analytica, funny foreign money
aaaaand.... shhht, outside influence ...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It almost sounds as if they have already written off the UK.

Do you think they would want to write off £39 billion if no deal is reached? Because that is what would happen.

And always remember this " The Public Face Is Not Always The Private Face "

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Do you think they would want to write off £39 billion if no deal is reached? Because that is what would happen.

I think the 39 billion would be paid. This article discusses the issue and concludes that Britain would most likely pay, and might be the losers if a claim is made against them at the International Court at the Hague.

www.channel4.com...

David Davis and others have suggested the UK could leave the EU without paying the £39 billion “divorce bill” designed to cover our outstanding financial commitments to Brussels.

A House of Lords report from 2017 says that we won’t be bound by EU law after Brexit, and so we could get out of paying the bill. But that report is contentious. Irrespective of our membership of the EU, we are still bound to our financial commitments under international law.

And it’s worth remembering that even beyond the legal issues, reneging on our financial obligations is likely to make any free trade deal with Europe, or other potential partners, politically impossible.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Listening to the Attorney General today was quite reassuring he seemed to believe in his opinion that even in a no deal we would then go onto to a reasonable legal route in the 2 years that would follow and work out the deals through court!

of course its not the best option but its what will happen unless by some pure miracle they all drink the kool aid and agree on a deal
or we are all taken to war with some poor foreign bastards in a national crisis and are forced to abandon brexit talks for more pressing matters!

edit on 12-3-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hasnt the government already lost something like 2billion of tax payers money since thise whole Brexit happened!

doesnt really matter, the next ten generations of working class Britains will pay for it through the IMF as debt slaves!
whilst the establishment continue to skim off the top and hide away in offshore havens!

BREXIT is daylight robbery dressed up as the government protecting our sovereignty
but in reality its protecting the rich and we lose more rights.

I think that is the take away message the british public should be getting!

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join