It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I'm sure the redundant German car workers won't see it like that.
Or the out of business Spanish tomato growers etc.

As has been said, we come out on March 29th then start the real negotiating on a level playing field.

If they don't want our business, so be it, we'll go elsewhere.

Seems some people are beginning to get it.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't think things are quite so settled, but if there is a no deal Brexit we will certainly find out. One way or the other, all of the people involved will still have to live and interact.

A Brexit with deal will be fascinating, but a Brexit without deal will be riveting.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
it's going to be some day march 29th !

possibly a Hard Exit of Brexit

and Scotland hosts a independence mandate rally in Glasgow George square , now named freedom square by the movement!

things could get really exciting in the political make up the United Kingdom

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Wait ! What !!
German car workers and Spanish tomato growers actually work in the UK !?!!

I think Nissan car builders and financial companies will be far more worried...

Anyhow, with 17 days to go ... as it stands,
shopping might be a bit "difficult" the weekend after next

Just, sayin'
pre-averting

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Do it T'rez !
oops

This stuff is still going on

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The EU's problems are really begining!!

Macron: EU must reform or face Frexit
The presidential candidate says he will not let down French people demanding changes to the EU.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Italy's faith in the EU HALVES in less than a decade - shocking poll finds
THE majority of Italians have lost faith in the European Union, with their level of trust in the EU institutions dropping by almost half in less than a decade, a shocking poll has revealed.
www.express.co.uk...

German economy just avoids recession but weaker exports take toll
Europe’s largest economy recorded zero growth in the fourth quarter of 2018
www.theguardian.com...

Although Greece exited the harsh bailout programs after eight years this August, 63 percent of respondents expect the country to remain under strict surveillance for many years, and two in 10 Greeks said they believe that a fourth bailout program will be signed soon.
www.ekathimerini.com...

2019, a year of economic challenges for the world and Spain | BBVA
www.bbva.com...
11 Jan 2019 - But without a doubt, one of the biggest problems facing Spain's economy is political uncertainty. The state budget has still not been passed, fiscal policy is expansive and the high levels of public debt and deficit are major vulnerabilities in the Spanish economy.

Looks like the EU is all BLUFF they have enough on their plate .....

We WILL be better of out of it!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And that ladies and gentlemen is what a hard Brexit still pretty much amounts to.
edit on 12-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Like the song by the way, but I posted a while back on these threads...

Never gonna happen, you do not get to leave the EU, no other country has managed it in full.

Why are any of you on here joining in with this charade?

Why? Why does anyone actually think this is a democracy?

Not a dig either at anyone, just realistically wondering why?

My song is defo better than yours anyway and far better

edit on 12-3-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

We don't think it's a Democracy.

Or those that do are sadly deluded.

The United Kingdom is a unitary state with devolution, that is governed within the framework of a parliamentary democracy, under a constitutional monarchy, in which the monarch, currently Queen Elizabeth II, is the head of state.

Operative words being "under" and "head".

That's not a dig nether mate, just the fact of the matter, as unfortunate as the case may be.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I hear you and I know you are Scottish as I am but what on earth makes you think we really can leave the EU?

Look into SNP policies for a start for the future if we do. Yet the UK gov policies, just as bad.

Alternatively look into UK, none of is is workable, anarchy seems the alternative but even that is a joke in itself.

Back to the point, ive said from the start nobody leaves the EU, even if the UK as a whole does do it in a 2nd referendum it ultimately results in a rejoin of EU.

That says something on its own, not a democracy, you cannot keep telling everyone to keep voting on something that they already voted on?

Turn of the telly, turn off the radio, turn of the BBC, newspapers and so on, withdraw your cash, phone in sick, stay in bed, and then when the phone calls keep coming in asking why you are not participating in the bull...

Sorry that was just a fart of the mind, I mean think of all people that rely on it otherwise eh. It is bull all of it and nothing I say, you say or anyone else says will matter in the end, its quite well planned enough just to keep everyone in line with the narrative.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I don't want to leave the EU.

My feeling is it's simply not tenable nevermind downright counterproductive.

I hope we ask for an extension, repeal article 50, and have another referendum to establish the current will of the people.

Its not a democracy its a monarch dressed as a democracy.

Then again democracy is simply a prison where one cannot see the bars.

Truth is Democracy simply is not very democratic.

"That says something on its own, not a democracy, you cannot keep telling everyone to keep voting on something that they already voted on?"

You can when they blatantly tell lies and arse up any possibility of a decent Brexit in its entirety.

And its perfectly legal with Ireland and Norway having already set EU president before.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I agree with you there, that is why I have said from the start there will be a second referendum, ive been saying this on the boards from the start or a real EU breakaway (first time in history with Scotland rejoining = Full UK join as seperate states)

My whole point and why im arguing this, people need to look into tacit consent and implied/implicit consent alonside consent of the governed.

That is why people cannot seem to understand why it is allowed.

No matter what you or me or anyone thinks, it is allowed because it is published first for public opinion then actioned later, the problem is that the press is now controlled by private interests that also push politicians to act in their interests. Public do not get the news until it has been passed, simples really but we like to argue amongst ourselves these days.

Look, I am sorry but you read into SNP interests now, I used to support them die hard like because they were mostly funded by the public... read into meetings and funding, see a different world. The same world as the rest, sad, yes but what can you do about it?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"Look, I am sorry but you read into SNP interests now"

You misjudge me Sir, don't make me get the black glove out. LoL

I would hang Sturgeon from a lamp post.

Right next to the likes of May, Boris, Rees-Mogg and Farage.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Look, I am sorry but you read into SNP interests now"

You misjudge me Sir, don't make me get the black glove out. LoL

I would hang Sturgeon from a lamp post.

Right next to the likes of May, Boris, Rees-Mogg and Farage.

You threatening me ya kin bawbag wae black glove, thats it... im serious im totally getting my red gloves oot noo...

Just a joke dinny lose yer baws man, mods are no here, we are in our own dimension now, just me and you ya can of cant cause they cannae unerstaun a word oh it pal lol

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Right that's it handbags out.

Ile see you Jimmy on the corner. LoL

If I'm not there in 10 start without me.

Just mind Storm Eriks aboot mind and bring a brolly.

Whats a good Uber number???

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Right that's it handbags out.

Ile see you Jimmy on the corner. LoL

If I'm not there in 10 start without me.

Just mind Storm Eriks aboot mind and bring a brolly.

Whats a good Uber number???

I think that is what will help us survive over the rest in the end, we can have a laugh in between handbag fights

Still totally boot yer fanny by the way ya dobber. Brolly, winds? I'll gie ye f kin global warming winds ya can t

Uber? Dont make me sick ya f*kin jimmy sick bag ye ya bast!

All in good humour by the way but I know you hate it when spelled Humor so im gonnae say Humor just to really get on yer boobs

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That's it you can change your own colostomy bag in the morning fae now on Da.....im done ya fandan!

Am upset beyond belief by such a threatening manner. LoL

Colloquialisms are top notch all the same.

Nn only about 5% a ATS are lightly to toggle on as ta wit wae ur bumpn ur gums aboot.

MODs must be mystified. LoL

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That's it you can change your own colostomy bag in the morning fae now on Da.....im done ya fandan!

Am upset beyond belief by such a threatening manner. LoL

Colloquialisms are top notch all the same.

Nn only about 5% a ATS are lightly to toggle on as ta wit wae ur bumpn ur gums aboot.

MODs must be mystified. LoL

Lisden wee man, I is no yer da, howd ye no I had dis colostmy bag dis sheet?

I am sorry for making you feel that you are threatened in other worldy mannerisms, I shall endevour to partake my behaviour in better mannerisms with viewpoints toward the furture.

Mod's at this point I think they are due to post a recruitment ad if im honest but nane eh them will ever uneerstaun scots.

Quite amazing that we can still speek a laungage that was meant tae dye see easy back aun the dae ae? Yet we still undeerstaund aursellfs even if wae are auff er heeds aue times

Dinny ye be threaten ma da's kin calostomopois bag ya cant, i telt ye before an a will tell ye again if yon you kin dae that all burst yer wee ginger fanny baws ye

Serious note: thanks for the cheer up I really could use it and you gave it mate, thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join