It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit, Today is the Vote!

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Vote is happening now - looks like it will be another defeat for May.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You do.

Eh, We don't you know. The SNP got into power again on a mandate that should Scotland be taken out of the EU against it's will then we would have another referendum.

What sort of democracy do we have where one-quarter of a Union holds another nation against it's will. Can you imagine if the EU said the UK is not allowed to leave?

And btw, We can go for UDI, unfortunately, the PUL community would turn Scotland into a war zone. Maybe we should just meet them head on and have a full-blown civil war. Seems to work for the DUP. A lot to be said about AK47 politics.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: paraphi

You do.

Eh, We don't you know. The SNP got into power again on a mandate that should Scotland be taken out of the EU against it's will then we would have another referendum.

What sort of democracy do we have where one-quarter of a Union holds another nation against it's will. Can you imagine if the EU said the UK is not allowed to leave?

And btw, We can go for UDI, unfortunately, the PUL community would turn Scotland into a war zone. Maybe we should just meet them head on and have a full-blown civil war. Seems to work for the DUP. A lot to be said about AK47 politics.

Scotland is not 1/4 of the Union
England is not 1/4 of the Union, either.

Scotland is just over 9% of the Union.
England represents 82% of the Union.
edit on 12/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So all those Billions she chucked at the DUP and various other constituencies down south was just a waste of time and much-needed money. Who knew?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: UKTruth

So all those Billions she chucked at the DUP and various other constituencies down south was just a waste of time and much-needed money. Who knew?

According to our actual representation in the Union, like I said, Scotland 9%, England 82%.

EDIT: wrong reply ha!.

Yes looks like the idiot May wasted everyone's time and has had her jelly spine shown up.

edit on 12/3/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Live - Rolling coverage

The voting is underway...

"DUP MPs have now voted in the No lobby. One MP who has just left says "she is going down big"."

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How many damned times are they going to vote on this?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
No way this next vote goes through who else is watching?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
According to the Guardian feed, it looks like it will be another massive defeat for the government.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Result

MPs reject May's Brexit deal for second time by majority of 149
Theresa May’s deal has been defeated again by 391 votes to 242 - a majority of 149

Where does May go from here ?
That was the best deal available, leaving hard brexit or ... what exactly ?

edit on 12-3-2019 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Massive loss for May.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Huge loss...

I just heard that she is going to give her MPs a free vote tomorrow which is surprising because this is the kind of thing that the party whips are usually all over like flies on dung.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
she sounds awful, I would have pulled a sickie if I was her

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Extension it is then.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Extension it is then.

Probably, let's face it she will lose the vote tomorrow on no-deal, then the vote on Thursday pretty much becomes a default win I think for an extension.

However, we only get that extension if the EU give us an extension, I wouldn't be surprised if they want assurances that the negotiating position of the UK has changed because otherwise whats the point in extending.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

However, we only get that extension if the EU give us an extension, I wouldn't be surprised if they want assurances that the negotiating position of the UK has changed because otherwise whats the point in extending.

This is exactly the point. There is very little wiggle room left. One thing that people don't often think about is how much trouble this whole process has been for the EU. They aren't complaining (much), but it is clear that they are at the end of the road. They won't prolong the agony except on specific prospects of improvement in the situation in Parliament.

i think it is possible that we might be headed for a "people's vote" to remain, or to get a deal (customs union?) but with a no deal exit on the ballot.
edit on 12-3-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If my 8 year old Grandson was as discourteous as some of those MP's I'd slap him round the lug.

Like so many I know, including a surprising number of ex-Remainers, I just want it over and done with and come out now with a No Deal and then sit down and talk after March 29th.

But I suspect we're going to get an extension and then either a watered down Brexit that gives us the worst of both worlds or an undemocratic second referendum.

No-one has come out of this farce with any credibility at all.

We must be the laughing stock of the world.....I know if this was going on in any other major country I'd be ripping the piss out of them.
edit on 12/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Exactly so they are going to want some kind of assurances that something is going to change.

However I also think they must be aware the longer that this goes on the more likely that a second referendum becomes.

There is however another monumental problem with an extension that is often overlooked. In May there are European parliament elections, if we are still in the EU then technically we would have to put up candidates to run in these elections. Thats going to complicate matters, particularly for the EU so in that background I really do think that the EU are going to push hard on the extension issue.

The whole thing is actually very interesting.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join