It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing illegals from the country - Nationwide bounty for turning in illegals - self deportation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

If your name was Bieber, I would be on the "See something, Say something" hotline so fast that 5G would look like a 1200 baud modem...

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey
a reply to: mobiusmale
Remember Big Joe McCarthy?

Ultimately, the smear tactics that he used led him to be censured by the U.S. Senate. The term "McCarthyism", coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist activities. Today, the term is used in reference to what are considered demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.

Source

All Big Joe had to do was whisper a name, and your life was ruined. The US got over it, but is still remains a powerful cautionary tale of mass hysteria, fear, and panic. Brings up thoughts of Salem and the witch hangings/murders.

Tread cautiously, and think before you scream...

Sort of like what happens to people under the current "MeToo" movement, huh? Accusations, with or without evidence, proof or corroberation...lead to media frenzies, people being immediately fired from their jobs, blacklisted from their professions, ostracized from their social circles. And all of this, even if there actually never was a crime committed...you are history.

The difference here is, once identified as a potential "illegal alien" whether by a citizen, a police officer, a bounty hunter, an IRS official...whomever, it will be a simple matter to determine whether or not you have indeed committed an immigration offence. You either have documentation that proves your right to be in the Country, or you do not.

No amount of whispering about someone, or false accusations made, would rise to level of seeing someone imprisoned or deported if they are a citizen, have a Green Card, or have a valid Visa.

edit on 10-1-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I don't want to go too far off topic by discussing the ME too movement. Maybe another thread?

I do agree that it should be pretty simple to check up on a person's status in the US. I would show any official my passport.

My point was that in reference to the OP, there could be abuse of the system proposed. While at face value, a simple reporting hotline with some sort of inducement or incentive seems fairly straightforward, the possibility that it could be used to harass others, settle grudges, or just employed as a method to be unkind to others could exist.

Over the past year we have seen US citizens calling the police on other US citizens (courtesy of smart phone videos and social media) for some pretty lame reasons. I won't go into why this is happening, but it seems like one group of people are reporting another group of people based upon an ethic association.

I could extrapolate that the same thing would happen with an immigration hotline that added a cash incentive.

That was my point in reference to the OP.
edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
People who have lived and worked here for 10 years should have a pretty easy path to citizenship. We are all Earthlings. And it's all good for the economy.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
He actually had a great point and flaw in your plan, of the cartels just trucking people in anyway and collecting the bounty money.
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
He actually had a great point and flaw in your plan, of the cartels just trucking people in anyway and collecting the bounty money.

Who is going to pay for smugglers once this plan is in effect?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Why not just use the eVerify system that is already in place and paid for. Make a simple addition to the existing tax laws that require employers to file payroll taxes to also do an eVerify check at employment time and once a year.

Then employers who fail to comply will face tax penalties similar to the ones they currently do if they don't file payroll takes for their workers.

How come no one talks about this simple solution?

Shift the conversation to mandatory eVerify use and see who comes out of the woodwork to object? Want to take bets on what the creatures that show themselves look like?

I really don't know much about that system, I'll read more about it and see what it looks like.

on another note (not to the person I'm responding to...)

I just want to make things clear, as people on this board seem to take ANY discussion of ideas of which they don't agree with, as if it is a personal attack against them, as if I have personally wronged them or something. I'm only talking about this b/c I haven't' heard any ideas about how to deal with this problem. I've heard people moan and groan about illegals, the stress they put on the system(s), the crime, etc for the last 20+ years, and I was always a little young and naive to have any real ideas of what could work and what wouldn't.

Just because people talk about an idea doesn't mean they want it implemented, it is often a way to brain storm and in the process a better alternative is uncovered. But it seems that in this day in age, unless you think lock step with the left, they will call you a Nazi in the first breath or worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You say there's 30 million? Just imagine those 30 million rioting every weekend to protest this. Add in probably the entire democrat party, at least the people that flipped out about the border children. Then throw in a couple groups like Black Lives Matter and Antifa that will just riot out of sympathy and support.

Sounds like a party.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I just want to make things clear, as people on this board seem to take ANY discussion of ideas of which they don't agree with, as if it is a personal attack against them, as if I have personally wronged them or something.

Per the Sponge Bob universe, there are a lot of "Plankton's" in this ocean.

Ya know, "Crabby patties..."

Stay strong.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Senator McCarthy got a hard on reading your OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What would this bounty be, 30 pieces of silver, per head, per-chance?

Very slippery slope their mate the implications being rather farther reaching than just illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I love the people saying show me your passport.

We can't even get people to vote with an ID!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Crock of an idea.

Start offering up potential rewards for turning in illegals and that will turn into a crisis too.

All these Ricky Bobby types are gonna be turning in all the brown folk.

Turn them in how?
Clearly you can't actually physically turn them in.

Pretty stupid to suggest that?

Turn them in by calling a number?
Ha
Cause that line won't be overrun with crap calls.

Uh yes ma'am.
There is a person that just moved into my building.
Their skin looks like Egyptian cinnamon.
Come get er dun

Hahaha

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Keep Diggin'

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Every time some girl has an argument with her boyfriend, there's gonna be a call.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Every time some girl has an argument with her boyfriend, there's gonna be a call.

Exactly right.

Look at all the stories of black people getting the cops called on them for nothing.
That's with no reward.

Now we are talking brown people and a reward.

Sure
That won't be a waste of time.

The law is going to be too busy with those calls to deal with the legit cases

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm gonna make fat stacks SWATing people now when it used to be just for the lulz.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
People who have lived and worked here for 10 years should have a pretty easy path to citizenship. We are all Earthlings. And it's all good for the economy.

But not people who came here illegally to start it all off.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm gonna make fat stacks SWATing people now when it used to be just for the lulz.

lame gamer dudes are gonna be calling ICE when the brown dude on twitch starts crushing him at red dead.
then watch it unfold

hahahahahha

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Prom night should be interesting should daddy harbor some latent racial issues towards daughters date for the evening.

Guess that's one way to have her home by 11pm.

If somewhat cold as I.C.E. LoL
edit on 10-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join