It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing illegals from the country - Nationwide bounty for turning in illegals - self deportation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Awesome idea, I love the concept of a massive citizen police force. We could even get some cool uniforms to go with the program, give me some time to think what the appropriate color should be...

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just remember the B-team-theme! Brown, blue, black... maybe beige? Burnt Umbrella would be fine as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AWonderousOne

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

And everyone ignores my sage understanding of which they have no inkling or idea of. Good for you. Thumbs up guys. And no. I will not sell you my hacks, or my knowledge. Nor will I give it to you freely. You are too close-minded and stupid as a group.

Did someone make you upset or something? I'm not sure I understand why you are upset. Is it b/c no one responded to you?

No I'm not upset. Just realizing things and speaking them up. I have much more world experience than you do I imagine. And thus understand much more than you. Been to many countries on this earth. Made a fortune and then some. Seen so many things.

When I watch little pee-minded threads like this, with narrow-minded, ridiculous idea by ignorant, slow people who think they know something or the other, I sigh inside. And then move. You, I doubt will ever have an understanding of life and riches, and hacks, that I do. But you don't really care do you? If you knew I could share with you knowledge that could make a poor man wealthy?

Your head is too up your butt about politics.

Well I am still waiting for anyone else to put forth ANY idea that would fix the illegal alien situation, short of giving them citizenship which would create many more problems than it would fix. You can make all the statements you like about me, make all the assumptions you want, but I don't see you posting any ideas on how to handle what seems to be the largest problem in the country right now (gov shutdown and all), a solution that if done correctly would be non violent and would require relatively little effort and expense from tax payers and gov workers.

I'm sure your "hacks" are awesome and all but some people don't hold money as god, so I don't really know what you have to offer, but you sure seem to think highly of it and I won't say one way or the other if they are or not, but good for you if you like it.

I invite you to live in Mexico.

It will change your entire outlook on life.

Trump if you are reading this...very small probability, I invite you to live here with me as well.

You only have a very narrow-view of life here (talking to Trump). It is much wider than you seem or indicate you understand exists.

I don't think that Trump objects to life in Mexico, or is misinformed about it. He objects to people from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, etc. pouring over the Southern border illegally to live in America. He objects even more to the criminal element amongst those who come in (cartel elements, gangs, petty criminals). He objects to illegals (including those who overstay Visas) then committing felonies by using falsified documents in order to work illegally.

Op is simply trying to come up with ideas to solve the illegal issue...and he is maybe not too far off base (perhaps some refinements needed in the program he is suggesting). In the United States (rules differ State to State, including licensing requirements), Bounty Hunters are allowed to track down and arrest people who break the conditions of their Bail Bonds...like failing to appear at a Court Hearing.

A very high percentage of those who enter the U.S. making Asylum claims, never show up for their Hearings. In Cities and States with Sanctuary laws/regulations, illegal aliens who are convicted of other offenses are not turned over to ICE for deportation. These would be two categories of people who might be good candidates for a Bounty Hunter program of some sort.

I am not sure how people are able to create/use falsified Social Security Numbers, and other documents, without automatically triggering something in the system...but those who are found to have done so (or stolen somebody's identity for this purpose), would also be good candidates for a program like the one Op suggests.

I am also not sure why so many people think that, of all of the laws in the United States that one can break and be prosecuted for (which also lead to families being separated, etc., etc.), only Immigration Law offenders should be given a free pass - or even glorified.
edit on 10-1-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Why not just use the eVerify system that is already in place and paid for. Make a simple addition to the existing tax laws that require employers to file payroll taxes to also do an eVerify check at employment time and once a year.

Then employers who fail to comply will face tax penalties similar to the ones they currently do if they don't file payroll takes for their workers.

How come no one talks about this simple solution?

Shift the conversation to mandatory eVerify use and see who comes out of the woodwork to object? Want to take bets on what the creatures that show themselves look like?

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Papers please!

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FilthyUSMonkey

Why not just use the eVerify system that is already in place and paid for. Make a simple addition to the existing tax laws that require employers to file payroll taxes to also do an eVerify check at employment time and once a year.

Then employers who fail to comply will face tax penalties similar to the ones they currently do if they don't file payroll takes for their workers.

How come no one talks about this simple solution?

Shift the conversation to mandatory eVerify use and see who comes out of the woodwork to object? Want to take bets on what the creatures that show themselves look like?

This is altogether too logical to gain any traction.

Vested interests, no doubt, stand in the way of common sense solutions. Employers want their low wage workers. The IRS (and State and Local Governments) want their tax revenues from the "shadow workers"...if they worked completely under the table, they (including the Employers) wouldn't pay any payroll taxes.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The IRS has a program where if you help them catch tax cheaters, you can get a reward. Why not do something similar to help ICE catch illegals, help them bust companies who hire illegals. Any company that is caught more than once employing illegals, they should risk assists being seized. How many companies would risk being caught hiring illegals, if that would happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Papers please!

Or, as I was rather fond of saying while stationed in Germany:

"sagen sie mir errant ausweis bitte"

The irony of asking German drivers to "show me their papers" at entry points to US installations was almost too much for my young mind to handle. I often smirked, which I am sure confused plenty of the local folks.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Actually, it's: "Bitte weisen Sie sich aus!"

Which is the way to go here, whilst asking for papers. It has a second connotation, "deport yourselves, please!" Kinda funny, innit?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But how do we as individuals determine that a person is here illegally, and perform the citizen arrest?

This.

And once we, as a people, get a taste for turning in our neighbors and coworkers for something, what's to stop government from using that tactic for other things we might find less acceptable than turning in illegals? What if they pass gun legislation and encourage people to turn in gun owners?

We have had threads on non-compliance in New Jersey and Colorado recently, for example.

What if government decides certain opinions are considered hateful and people are encouraged to turn in their neighbors and coworkers for "wrongthing"? How about being the wrong religion -- Judenrau! -- but update it for the modern world however you like.

I mean, I get that you're coming from a reasonable position, but it's never a good idea to encourage a people to turn on others for fun and profit.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Actually, it's: "Bitte weisen Sie sich aus!"

Which is the way to go here, whilst asking for papers. It has a second connotation, "deport yourselves, please!" Kinda funny, innit?

"sagen sie mir errant ausweis bitte"

Translated: Show you to me passport please

"Bitte weisen Sie sich aus!"

Please assign you(yourself) being from

Both are correct.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Just remember the B-team-theme! Brown, blue, black... maybe beige? Burnt Umbrella would be fine as well.

I cannot wait to start checking papers, I honestly think all my neighbors may be illegal and I'd love to get them deported. Especially that Bieber clown.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

IN his book 1984, Orwell painted a grim picture of a world where children turned in their parents for "thought crimes."

After 9/11 the newly formed DHS set up hot lines to turn in terrorist. I could find nothing on the internet concerning the effectiveness of this program, or if it has been abused. That is worrying, in that someone must have abused it at some point, right? I mean, someone with a grudge must have called in another person out of spite, correct. In 18 years?

This is the first example I found about any hotline abuse, about 5 pages into a google search that excluded .gov sites (-.gov):

Parents Investigated for Child Abuse Six Times, Thanks to Fake Calls from Crafty Neighbor

“They threw their child against the wall!” That’s what the anonymous caller told Kentucky’s Child Protective Services about Corey Chaney, 25, and April Rogers, 23, the sixth time she called. How horrifying! But not the way you think. While the parents had been reported five times in about as many months for crimes that included dangling their baby over a balcony, they were cleared each time. What was going on? A reign of terror using the state as torturers. It’s surprisingly easy to do. A rogue social worker who lived downstairs from Chaney and Rogers in Elizabethtown, KY, knew exactly how CPS works and had it in for her upstairs neighbors. It was so simple! All she had to do was pick up the phone and call the child abuse hotline. After all, callers can remain anonymous, but the police rush right in. As the Courier-Journal reports:

Source

Have we stumbled on an actual conspiracy of a news blackout of the abuse of the DHS "see something say something" hotline?

Hummmm...

edit on 10-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

But how do we as individuals determine that a person is here illegally, and perform the citizen arrest?

This.

And once we, as a people, get a taste for turning in our neighbors and coworkers for something, what's to stop government from using that tactic for other things we might find less acceptable than turning in illegals? What if they pass gun legislation and encourage people to turn in gun owners?

We have had threads on non-compliance in New Jersey and Colorado recently, for example.

What if government decides certain opinions are considered hateful and people are encouraged to turn in their neighbors and coworkers for "wrongthing"? How about being the wrong religion -- Judenrau! -- but update it for the modern world however you like.

I mean, I get that you're coming from a reasonable position, but it's never a good idea to encourage a people to turn on others for fun and profit.

So...it is somehow bad if I were to encourage my kids to join a Police force, and to earn a living by enforcing the laws of the land? Licensed Bounty Hunters, who track down and apprehend people who do not show up for Court (as an example) are in the same category - a perfectly legitimate profession, that makes "the street" safer for law-abiding citizens.

Arresting and deporting people for being inside of a Country they are not supposed to be in, is not even in the same intellectual galaxy as Stalinist/Hitlerite attrocities like killing people for belonging to a certain ethnic or religious group...you are sliding too far down your own imaginary slippery slope.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you're living in a no-go-area as well? One thing is for sure though, besides from the fact that a beige uniform fits your skin color perfectly, of course; nobody will call the cops on you (again) for that certain screaming coming from your basement all night long.

Translated: Show you to me passport please

What? I can't show myself to your passport, but I certainly would if my name was Bieber.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The person in the OP is talking about a wide campaign of instituting bounties to turn in people for being illegal. My problem with this is how do you *know* someone is illegal?

While I love the idea of getting rid of illegals, you can't functionally tell just from looking who is and who isn't illegal in this country. And I don't like the idea of encouraging ordinary folks to turn in people trying to collect an easy $1,000.

There is a difference when you join a professional agency where presumably you have training.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale
Remember Big Joe McCarthy?

Ultimately, the smear tactics that he used led him to be censured by the U.S. Senate. The term "McCarthyism", coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist activities. Today, the term is used in reference to what are considered demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character or patriotism of political opponents.

Source

All Big Joe had to do was whisper a name, and your life was ruined. The US got over it, but is still remains a powerful cautionary tale of mass hysteria, fear, and panic. Brings up thoughts of Salem and the witch hangings/murders.

Tread cautiously, and think before you scream...

link   

Monies for turning in your fellow Man......really????

This is how it starts, next thing you know it will be all brown shifts and FEMA camps full of your undesirables.

link   

So you're living in a no-go-area as well?

Yup. All my neighbors houses are 'no-go' zones for me, but with them gone it will be a free for all. I will so roll around on their duvets while they wallow in some third world ****hole.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Monies for turning in your fellow Man......really????

This is how it starts, next thing you know it will be all brown shifts and FEMA camps full of your undesirables.

Admittedly not his worst idea but it's pretty close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join